Page 4 of 376 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Skyrim is HUGE

Should I get it for PC or PS4?
    If you have a strong gpu definitely go PC to play at 60 fps instead of 30 fps on console. I think the game plays a lot better with a controller than mouse and keyboard though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maniac Mansion on the NES. Probably one of my three favorite NES games ever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Outlast II

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maniac Mansion on the NES. Probably one of my three favorite NES games ever.
    Oh ... that game was fun, but I never beat it. Do you have to take specific characters to finish the game, or can you do it with any of them?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh ... that game was fun, but I never beat it. Do you have to take specific characters to finish the game, or can you do it with any of them?
    You can beat it straight thru with almost any combo of characters (Meteor Police ending). But using specific characters with specific items will give different endings. Using the script writer to fix Weird Ed's manuscript brokers a friendship and he will help you eliminate the meteor and using either of the musicians to record a demo tape will help you befriend the tentacle and he will beat up the purple tentacle who tries to keep you from the Dr. and the meteor.

It's like Metal Gear Solid in all the various ways you can eliminate the meteor. Such a fun game. The creator made an XBox 360 game that was free with Gold last month, called the Cave. Same premise, puzzle solving action game with a group of three people with different powers. Seemed a little like Abe's Odyssey, but still a fun game with a lot of MM feel to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can beat it straight thru with almost any combo of characters (Meteor Police ending). But using specific characters with specific items will give different endings. Using the script writer to fix Weird Ed's manuscript brokers a friendship and he will help you eliminate the meteor and using either of the musicians to record a demo tape will help you befriend the tentacle and he will beat up the purple tentacle who tries to keep you from the Dr. and the meteor.

It's like Metal Gear Solid in all the various ways you can eliminate the meteor. Such a fun game. The creator made an XBox 360 game that was free with Gold last month, called the Cave. Same premise, puzzle solving action game with a group of three people with different powers. Seemed a little like Abe's Odyssey, but still a fun game with a lot of MM feel to it.
    Gonna have to download MM and play it again. That game was way past it's time with all the different gameplay options it had. I never owned it, I rented it from Blockbuster or something several times and never got around to beating it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Never could beat that when I was a kid. Talk about some gamer rage It is a classic and I was lucky to snag The Cave when it was free for Plus members. I'm looking forward to playing that one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you think of Horizon Zero Dawn so far? To me it feels so much like a Far Cry game but in third person, but better graphically with more interesting fights and a better storyline than any Far Cry games (and I'm a big fan of the series). The game does feel super easy though after playing a bunch of Souls games this year.
    I've never played the Far Cry games, but HZD feels like a linear game in open world's clothes. The world, while beautiful and large, is super static. There's almost nothing to do if you aren't questing. I do like the story and gameplay, but I'm having a hard time staying interested. Some mini games, crafting, player customization, random encounters, or something would go a long way to flesh the experience out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never played the Far Cry games, but HZD feels like a linear game in open world's clothes. The world, while beautiful and large, is super static. There's almost nothing to do if you aren't questing.
    A lot of open world games are like that. What would you do in Witcher 3 aside from sidequests if you're not on the main quest? Not many open world games are GTA where half the fun is driving around and starting shootouts with the cops.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of open world games are like that. What would you do in Witcher 3 aside from sidequests if you're not on the main quest? Not many open world games are GTA where half the fun is driving around and starting shootouts with the cops.
    Eh... From Gwent, to houses, barbers, horse racing, fist fighting, different types of merchants, day/night NPC cycles, a load more story characters to interact with, different types of quests to obtain new gear, different outcomes from your interactions, etc... the world of Witcher 3 feels more "alive" than HZD.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just started playing Nioh, and man I keep pressing the damn buttons as if I was playing Dark Souls. Eg trying to dodge with circle (DS) instead of X (Nioh), strike with R1 (DS) instead of square (Nioh), etc.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I've never played the Far Cry games, but HZD feels like a linear game in open world's clothes. The world, while beautiful and large, is super static. There's almost nothing to do if you aren't questing. I do like the story and gameplay, but I'm having a hard time staying interested. Some mini games, crafting, player customization, random encounters, or something would go a long way to flesh the experience out.
    Yeah, wasn't exactly feeling it, either.

DSIII is amazing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You like it better than DS1? Does it have similar difficulty to DS1? Any boss fights as cool as Ornstein & Smough?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Some cool ass boss fights, and a lot of second form bosses. This one plays a lot more like BS, where dodging is more effective.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And I do.

It's my favorite from the souls series so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man 2017 is such a ridiculously great year for gaming. You already have four absolute classics in Zelda BOTW, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nioh, and NieR Automata that could each win GOTY in many years (each of them would have probably been the GOTY if released in 2016 or 2014, for example). And then Persona 5 sounds like it belongs in that same class too. Then you have Red Dead Redemption 2, Middle Earth Shadow of War, and Super Mario Odyssey slated for release. Next add a couple of really interesting indie games in Cuphead and Rime that look like they'll get 2017 releases and this year just keeps looking better and better. Sadly God of War looks like it's going to be a 2018 release, but Bethesda sounds like they have a new Wolfenstein coming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man 2017 is such a ridiculously great year for gaming. You already have four absolute classics in Zelda BOTW, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nioh, and NieR Automata that could each win GOTY in many years (each of them would have probably been the GOTY if released in 2016 or 2014, for example). And then Persona 5 sounds like it belongs in that same class too. Then you have Red Dead Redemption 2, Middle Earth Shadow of War, and Super Mario Odyssey slated for release. Next add a couple of really interesting indie games in Cuphead and Rime that look like they'll get 2017 releases and this year just keeps looking better and better. Sadly God of War looks like it's going to be a 2018 release, but Bethesda sounds like they have a new Wolfenstein coming.
    Lol PC gaming..hey at least you could always play age of empires 2 on the higest setting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol PC gaming..hey at least you could always play age of empires 2 on the higest setting.
    NieR Automata too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Though this has definitely been a year where it sucks for anyone who doesn't own a PS4

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I wish I got excited about video games the way I used to. Definitely something that passed me by. Love emulation and waiting for a great wrestling game that was as fun as the old N64 games to be made...one day...hopefully.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Currently playing Nier automata...not bad so far, definitely has a unique feel to it
    just watched the Honest Game Trailers for this, probably the most glowing review they ever done, I might have to give it a try.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I wish I got excited about video games the way I used to. Definitely something that passed me by. Love emulation and waiting for a great wrestling game that was as fun as the old N64 games to be made...one day...hopefully.
    Have you seen that new Fire Pro they're making?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I love AoE 3 more tho

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you seen that new Fire Pro they're making?
    The ? Seriously??? What platform? I wanted sooooo bad to buy an old PS2 a few years back to play the one that came out stateside back in what? Like 06?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ? Seriously??? What platform? I wanted sooooo bad to buy an old PS2 a few years back to play the one that came out stateside back in what? Like 06?
    PS4 and PC.. Emulate that english one, I have it installed now with Pcsx2.

They have the game at theisozone.com

Thread Information