Page 45 of 376 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 9386
    I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I rarely pay more than $35 for PS4 games, and often $20 or less, though I usually buy games only on sale or when I get a coupon from Sony. If you want to load up on PS3 games do it quick while they're still really cheap at Gamestop. I just got a PS3 last January and Gamestop's selection of PS3 games seems to be about 1/3 of what it was last year at the three Gamestops I buy from due to their firesales of PS3 games over the last year. So expect their prices to start increasing in say another year.
    are there any deals at toys r us bankruptcy sale? just a thought

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I rarely pay more than $35 for PS4 games, and often $20 or less, though I usually buy games only on sale or when I get a coupon from Sony. If you want to load up on PS3 games do it quick while they're still really cheap at Gamestop. I just got a PS3 last January and Gamestop's selection of PS3 games seems to be about 1/3 of what it was last year at the three Gamestops I buy from due to their firesales of PS3 games over the last year. So expect their prices to start increasing in say another year.
    hmm, i've been out of the loop for some time, so can't really think off the top of my head what games i missed out on. i went through a good amount of the ps3 notables. main series i never bothered playing was ratchet and clank. also never played red dead redemption that was supposed to be a big deal. also i remember playing arkham asylum and loving it, but never played arkham city

also how do amazon prices compare to game stop?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hmm, i've been out of the loop for some time, so can't really think off the top of my head what games i missed out on. i went through a good amount of the ps3 notables. main series i never bothered playing was ratchet and clank. also never played red dead redemption that was supposed to be a big deal. also i remember playing arkham asylum and loving it, but never played arkham city

also how do amazon prices compare to game stop?
    Red Dead Redemption is amazing. If you like GTA you'll like it too. man I was about to recommend getting it at Gamestop since they had been selling it for $5 used forever, but now they jacked the price up to $15. You can get it for $12.89 from the PSN Store right now in digital form. I guess that rise in price for PS3 games is already starting to happen, as The Last of Us was $5 for the longest time (must play PS3 game, though the PS4 version is a lot better thanks to being 60 fps) but is now $10 used at Gamestop. Amazon is great for buying new PS4 games since they often set their price to match the sale prices for Best Buy, Gamestop, the PSN Store, etc, but for used PS3 games I prefer walking into a Gamestop so I can look at the disc before buying.

The only Ratchet & Clank I have played is the PS4 game, which was really good. I do own four different Ratchet & Clank PS3 games, but haven't played them. I bought them on the PSN Store for like $3 each last year when the PSN Store had all kinds of crazy PS3 deals. Those PSN Store sales for PS3 games have since long dried up though.

If I had to recommend a few awesome late gen PS3 games (eg 2013 or later) that you probably missed, I'd go with

1. Persona 5 (best game on the PS3 IMO)
    2. The Last of Us (second best game on the PS3)
    3. Bioshock Infinite
    4. Odin Sphere Leifhtrasir
    5. South Park: The Stick of Truth
    6. Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain
    7. Tomb Raider (2013)
    8. Dragon's Crown
    9. Guacamelee

South Park The Stick of Truth might be the best licensed game I have ever played. You can tell Trey Parker and Matt Stone were heavily involved in it, as it plays just like a new season of the show. It's short but extremely funny and the battle mechanic is a lot like Super Mario RPG if you ever played that old .
    Last edited by baseline bum; 03-23-2018 at 06:48 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was invited, but I'm in crunch time ATM, so couldn't go. My cousin is there tho.
    Nice, making enough to pay off the coyote to get him across the river?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Red Dead Redemption is amazing. If you like GTA you'll like it too. man I was about to recommend getting it at Gamestop since they had been selling it for $5 used forever, but now they jacked the price up to $15. You can get it for $12.89 from the PSN Store right now in digital form. I guess that rise in price for PS3 games is already starting to happen, as The Last of Us was $5 for the longest time (must play PS3 game, though the PS4 version is a lot better thanks to being 60 fps) but is now $10 used at Gamestop. Amazon is great for buying new PS4 games since they often set their price to match the sale prices for Best Buy, Gamestop, the PSN Store, etc, but for used PS3 games I prefer walking into a Gamestop so I can look at the disc before buying.

The only Ratchet & Clank I have played is the PS4 game, which was really good. I do own four different Ratchet & Clank PS3 games, but haven't played them. I bought them on the PSN Store for like $3 each last year when the PSN Store had all kinds of crazy PS3 deals. Those PSN Store sales for PS3 games have since long dried up though.

If I had to recommend a few awesome late gen PS3 games (eg 2013 or later) that you probably missed, I'd go with

1. Persona 5 (best game on the PS3 IMO)
    2. The Last of Us (second best game on the PS3)
    3. Bioshock Infinite
    4. Odin Sphere Leifhtrasir
    5. South Park: The Stick of Truth
    6. Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain
    7. Tomb Raider (2013)
    8. Dragon's Crown
    9. Guacamelee

South Park The Stick of Truth might be the best licensed game I have ever played. You can tell Trey Parker and Matt Stone were heavily involved in it, as it plays just like a new season of the show. It's short but extremely funny and the battle mechanic is a lot like Super Mario RPG if you ever played that old .
    yeah i missed all of those.

and damn, one thing i usually do is look at game completion times on howlongtobeat.com ... and they have persona as 100+ hours (over 200 for completionists). holy . for reference, fallout games are usually like 70 hours, scratching 115 or so for completionists. rarely see anything like that on ps3 games...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

and damn, one thing i usually do is look at game completion times on howlongtobeat.com ... and they have persona as 100+ hours (over 200 for completionists). holy . for reference, fallout games are usually like 70 hours, scratching 115 or so for completionists. rarely see anything like that on ps3 games...
    Persona 5 is huge. My playthrough was 160 hours or so. Being a completionist requires you to play through the entire game at least twice. Persona 5 is more a modern gen game size-wise, as it released in the US last year and in Japan in 2016.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

One thing I forgot to mention about those nine games I listed: 8 of them are also out for PS4 right now, and the ninth (Dragon's Crown) will also come out on PS4 this summer I think. The PS4 version of Bioshock Infinite may only be available in the Bioshock Collection of remasters though. That collection of the three Bioshock games for PS4 is only $20 though.

https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/b...lection/132022

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing I forgot to mention about those nine games I listed: 8 of them are also out for PS4. Dragon's Crown will also come out on PS4 this summer I think. The PS4 version of Bioshock Infinite may only be available in the Bioshock Collection of remasters though.
    are those still worth picking up on the ps3, though?

my experience when a game is released on an older and newer console is that the one dedicated for the older one generally sucks complete ass. for instance, one of my favorite games to replay over and over again growing up was Spiderman 2 on the PS2. when spiderman 3 was coming out, they released it for the ps2 and ps3. while the ps3 version was nothing special, the ps2 one was complete donkey balls.

also like i said, i used to be a big COD fanboy, and i bought Ghosts for the ps3, which was a steaming pile of compared to what they put out for the ps4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God PS4 has so many PS3 games remastered

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God PS4 has so many PS3 games remastered
    i remember when one of my ps3 controllers started falling apart and i had to get another one, i found an incredible bundle deal to get God of War 1, 2, and 3 + a controller for 60 bucks, that was fantastic. playing GOW 1 and 2 remastered for ps3 was pretty nice

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    are those still worth picking up on the ps3, though?

my experience when a game is released on an older and newer console is that the one dedicated for the older one generally sucks complete ass. for instance, one of my favorite games to replay over and over again growing up was Spiderman 2 on the PS2. when spiderman 3 was coming out, they released it for the ps2 and ps3. while the ps3 version was nothing special, the ps2 one was complete donkey balls.

also like i said, i used to be a big COD fanboy, and i bought Ghosts for the ps3, which was a steaming pile of compared to what they put out for the ps4
    Depends.

1. Persona 5 - Pretty much the same game on PS3 with a slightly lower framerate in the city streets.
    2. The Last of Us - Night and day better on PS4 since it runs at 60 fps vs struggling really hard to get to 30 fps on PS3. The PS4 version also includes the Left Behind DLC which adds a cool couple of hours of backstory.
    3. Bioshock Infinite - The PS4 version supposedly brings the game on par with the PC version at 1080p with better textures and better framerate than PS3.
    4. Odin Sphere Leifhthrasir - Pretty much the same game with a slightly lower framerate in parts on PS3.
    5. South Park: The Stick of Truth - Exact same game on PS3/PS4/PC/XBox360/XBox One.
    6. Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain - I imagine the textures are a lot better on PS4 and the framerate too probably.
    7. Tomb Raider (2013) - Same as MGS V
    8. Dragon's Crown - The PS4 remaster is supposed to have an orchestral remix of the soundtrack, but the game plays great on my PS3.
    9. Guacamelee - It's a pretty simple indie game so I doubt PS3 has any problems running it, though I played it on PC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thanks. next thing i'll probably pick up is New Vegas, will pick up persona 5 after that if i'm up for it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice, making enough to pay off the coyote to get him across the river?
    many laps, tbh, imo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a Fallout fan who has played all five main games and all DLCs, I can say Fallout 4 isn't as good as Fallout 3, so no need for you to rush out to get a PS4 for it. But Fallout New Vegas is better in every way compared to Fallout 3 IMO. It's far and away the best 3D Fallout game, though my favorite in the series is the isometric game Fallout 2. Getting a GOTY version is a must since New Vegas has the two most interesting DLC in the entire series (Old World Blues and Honest Hearts), though it also has the worst DLC episode I have ever played in a game (namely Dead Money, it's horrible). But you'll spend through the nose to buy the DLC separately. I liked the setting, story, and music much better in FONV. Mechanically they're pretty similar games.

I don't see why you'd worry about having to buy a new library right away if you get a PS4 though. Just play one game at a time. The only reason to buy more games is if they're on too good a sale to pass up and you know you'll play them later. PS4 games go down in price pretty rapidly. Bloodborne is arguably the best game on the system and it's only $20. The PSN Store puts the inFAMOUS game and its expansion on sale all the time. inFAMOUS Second Son is $10 and inFAMOUS First Light is $9 until 3/27 on the PSN Store. Plus there is a 20% off coupon code you can get.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comment...station_store/

Just pick up God of War a couple of months after release when you'll find it for $30.

If you're into RPGs I highly recommend Persona 5. Plus it's available on PS3. Check the review below, it's a pretty cool game.

Thinking God of War 4 will be 30 bucks in a few months.

In fact, Persona 5 which is like a year old at this point, it's still selling at 50 bucks new. 45 or so used.

I would definitely reccomend spurraider21 to get PS+ along with the PS4 if he ends up buying it. They're listing AAA games on their free line up now which has me thinking I also should re-sub.

Another way to ease into the PS4 is to buy indie games which are very cheap. 10, 15 bucks at pop for a solid game. You definitely should try the Telltale games. Life Is Strange is a must buy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Vegas is easily the best game in the series imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thinking God of War 4 will be 30 bucks in a few months.

In fact, Persona 5 which is like a year old at this point, it's still selling at 50 bucks new. 45 or so used.

I would definitely reccomend spurraider21 to get PS+ along with the PS4 if he ends up buying it. They're listing AAA games on their free line up now which has me thinking I also should re-sub.

Another way to ease into the PS4 is to buy indie games which are very cheap. 10, 15 bucks at pop for a solid game. You definitely should try the Telltale games. Life Is Strange is a must buy.
    The compe ion between Gamestop, Best Buy, Walmart, Target, Amazon, Newegg, and the PSN Store is pretty strong and if you follow the PS4Deals reddit you can almost always find games for low prices a couple of months after launch (and often sooner). Persona 5 has been on sale for $30 pretty regularly the last couple of months. You're nuts if you pay MSRP for any PS4 game with as much compe ion as there is for game sales today. I don't pay MSRP even when I buy games Day 1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah any time I fired up Persona 5 I knew I was playing it for 6 hours.
    That's why I haven't played it in a while. I had to do around the house and P5 literally sucked away every waking hour I had. I'll beat it someday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's why I haven't played it in a while. I had to do around the house and P5 literally sucked away every waking hour I had. I'll beat it someday.
    The only game I have played that was worse for being a time sink once you started is Minecraft. But at least you know you have been playing for 6 hours when playing Persona 5. Minecraft you could play for 5 or 6 hours and feel like it was only 90 minutes. I can't count how many times I played Minecraft in the early days and I'd look at the clock and see it was midnight and I still hadn't eaten for dinner. Even though I loved the game I had to quit playing it, that was like heroin. I'd start ing around with the redstone and making all these circuits out of it and using it to make killing machines and and it would be 5 hours later in no time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Vegas is easily the best game in the series imo
    Dude you gotta play Fallout 2. Any PC can play it and it goes on sale for $2.99 all the time on GOG. It's a really old school turn based RPG but so satisfyingly violent once you up the level of your character. Though you should play the first Fallout before Fallout 2 since FO2 is a direct sequel. FONV felt like a bit of a throwback to the original Fallout 1 & 2 with the different ammo types and weapon mods and all other kinds of tweaks you can make.

If I was going to rank the Fallout games in order from best to worst (but still pretty good), I'd probably go:

1. Fallout 2
    2. Fallout New Vegas
    3. Fallout 1
    4. Fallout 3
    5. Fallout 4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thanks. next thing i'll probably pick up is New Vegas, will pick up persona 5 after that if i'm up for it
    New Vegas is pretty epic. They just absolutely nailed the setting. And then P5 is even better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pick up Horizon or Bloodbrone Spursraider. If you own a ps4, you need to.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only game I have played that was worse for being a time sink once you started is Minecraft. But at least you know you have been playing for 6 hours when playing Persona 5. Minecraft you could play for 5 or 6 hours and feel like it was only 90 minutes. I can't count how many times I played Minecraft in the early days and I'd look at the clock and see it was midnight and I still hadn't eaten for dinner. Even though I loved the game I had to quit playing it, that was like heroin. I'd start ing around with the redstone and making all these circuits out of it and using it to make killing machines and and it would be 5 hours later in no time.
    my daughter got me into it. even just digging down for became obsessive. the monsters in it were even fun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been playing Hob... really nice Zelda-style game, tbh... jeebus
    Looks decent enough. Tried watching some lets play vids on youtube but its tough when you got some annoying commentating every single thing he does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing compares to MMOs though. I sadly was into Everquest and then WoW when they were big. Nothing is quite as sickening as realizing you've put nearly 100 days into one character.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks decent enough. Tried watching some lets play vids on youtube but its tough when you got some annoying commentating every single thing he does.
    Playing through it... it's a bit buggy, tbh... other than that it's pretty nice, exploration, etc... it's no Zelda, but it's pretty good on it's own...

Thread Information