Page 6 of 376 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's much easier thus far, although Blightown was frustrating. I can only imagine playing DS1 back in the day... would have been a rude awakening. But it's much slower than DS3 and so far I've been able to do good work, most bosses have been fairly easy (as far as DS bosses go).

That said, the level design is mostly superior. There are a couple of really strange choices that seem disjointed or poorly designed but other than that it's brilliant.
    I didn't think Blighttown was bad at all in Dark Souls 1. I thought it was much easier than the second part of the Valley of Defilement in Demon's Souls (though Dark Souls 1 was a much tougher game overall than Demon's Souls IMO).

Did you ever play Dark Souls 2? I'm not sure if I want to play Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin (I heard it's better than the vanilla DS2) or DS3 after I'm done with Nioh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't think Blighttown was bad at all in Dark Souls 1. I thought it was much easier than the second part of the Valley of Defilement in Demon's Souls (though Dark Souls 1 was a much tougher game overall than Demon's Souls IMO).

Did you ever play Dark Souls 2? I'm not sure if I want to play Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin (I heard it's better than the vanilla DS2) or DS3 after I'm done with Nioh.
    We'll see. I haven't played Ds2 yet although a friend of mine says it's his favorite in the series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which one should I get first, Fallout 4 or Witcher 3?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which one should I get first, Fallout 4 or Witcher 3?
    Even as a big Fallout fan, Witcher 3 is a far superior game in almost every way. It's like comparing the Warriors and the Grizzlies. Also make sure to get the GOTY edition of Witcher 3, as the Hearts of Stone and Blood & Wine DLC are both amazing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even as a big Fallout fan, Witcher 3 is a far superior game in almost every way. It's like comparing the Warriors and the Grizzlies. Also make sure to get the GOTY edition of Witcher 3, as the Hearts of Stone and Blood & Wine DLC are both amazing.
    Thnx!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clear you calendar for six months, Witcher 3 is enormous. Also don't sleep on the Gwent game you introduced to early on in the first mission or two. It's really cool once you learn the rules.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clear you calendar for six months, Witcher 3 is enormous. Also don't sleep on the Gwent game you introduced to early on in the first mission or two. It's really cool once you learn the rules.
    Pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Won't get a chance to play tonight, but look 4ward to starting it 2morrow night.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL

I haven't even touched my copy yet. The GOTY edition which has all DLCs included.

I have an insane amount of backlog. I dont even know how to start playing all these massive games yet. Haven't touched Horizon Zero Dawn either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shadow Tactics.. Such a good ing game

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    FFVI...decided to buy a PS Vita (lol i know right) mainly for the remote play but i am enjoying playing some of my PS classics. I was reading thru last months game informer and they had FFVI listed as the #2 GOAT RPG (behind Skyrim, so take it with a grain of salt) so i had to play it again. forgot how good these old games were tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FFVI...decided to buy a PS Vita (lol i know right) mainly for the remote play but i am enjoying playing some of my PS classics. I was reading thru last months game informer and they had FFVI listed as the #2 GOAT RPG (behind Skyrim, so take it with a grain of salt) so i had to play it again. forgot how good these old games were tbh
    I tried FF 7 a couple days ago and it felt so antiquated. Hard to imagine anyone enjoying olders RPG with how much RPG games has progressed..Both Western and Japanese.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I tried FF 7 a couple days ago and it felt so antiquated. Hard to imagine anyone enjoying olders RPG with how much RPG games has progressed..Both Western and Japanese.
    SNES games have aged way better than PS1. PS1 had dog 3D while SNES had beautiful and colorful 2D.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What did you pay for a Vita now? Has the price cratered?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SNES games have aged way better than PS1. PS1 had dog 3D while SNES had beautiful and colorful 2D.
    I'm not even talking about Graphics, just mechanics and Story-telling.

Suikoden 2 is still the GOAT RPG in the 90's though. was crack. You should give it a try with an emulator if you got time. Beautifull 2D graphics, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IIRC the Dragon age Guys admitted taking influence from Suikoden.

Briliant idea tbh.

You recruit characters with their own storyline connected to the main story. There's 108 characters so some are flesed out than others, but it's the game that introduced me to Side-Quest...

It was fun doing some of those side story quest and Choosing what characters to recruit..

The idea of building your own castle and army etc...damn. Was so unique in the 90s plus it was mostly politics as opposed to boy saves world that was the mainstream storyline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The battle was simplistic, and honestly if you dont play it like 12 year old..the game is somewhat easy.

Nevermind the fact that at least 14 or so characters are ridiculously overpowered with the right build. I remeber Valeria and Viktor would be enough to kill boses ..

Alsp remember limiting my party to 3 as opposed to 6...made things extremely interesting.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    i would probably agree if i hadnt grown up playing them as a kid. FF was my favorite series when i was in grade school, I used to rent FFVI like every weekend when i was in 2nd grade its about story/nostalgia for me

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    What did you pay for a Vita now? Has the price cratered?
    i got it for $200 on Amazon, which isnt terrible considering the price of most hand helds. i mostly got it for the remote play feature, which works decently but depending on the game its worthless because of the trigger/sticks being allocated to the back of the vita making it very hard to play Arkham knight because i feel like its impossible to drive/fight in the batmobile with the button layout on the vita. most amazon listings are around 200, but i've seen some random ones at 300. i also randomly found a borderlands bundle that was something like 180 i wanna say but it was out of stock so i said waiting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i would probably agree if i hadnt grown up playing them as a kid. FF was my favorite series when i was in grade school, I used to rent FFVI like every weekend when i was in 2nd grade its about story/nostalgia for me
    Pretty sure that's the case with most guys playing RPGs from older Consoles ....90% nostalgia.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure that's the case with most guys playing RPGs from older Consoles ....90% nostalgia.
    I don't buy that explanation for 90s RPGs. I played Fallout 2 (2D RPG from 1998) for the first time a couple of years ago and I thought it was by far the best game in the series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i got it for $200 on Amazon, which isnt terrible considering the price of most hand helds. i mostly got it for the remote play feature, which works decently but depending on the game its worthless because of the trigger/sticks being allocated to the back of the vita making it very hard to play Arkham knight because i feel like its impossible to drive/fight in the batmobile with the button layout on the vita. most amazon listings are around 200, but i've seen some random ones at 300. i also randomly found a borderlands bundle that was something like 180 i wanna say but it was out of stock so i said waiting
    Damn, I would have figured Vita would have gone way down in price since Sony stopped supporting it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently its huge in Japan which is why it seems a lot of vita games are jrpg but yeah they're basically non existent in Murica

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trying to finish Skyrim and MGS5...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. I bought MSG1 for PS1, the MGS Collection (MGS 2,3 & Peace Walker) for PS3, and MGS4 for PS3 in the last couple of months but have only played MSG1 so far. So that's a of a backlog for that one series for me, especially with Ground Zeroes and V on PC after that (thanks Skidrow ).

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    everyone always says MGSV is super good but i picked it up and got bored after the first couple hours. though that may be because i never played the previous ones.

Thread Information