Page 67 of 376 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 9386
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing Persona 5 right now. Awesome JRPG, but dialouge and script is too much. Way too much talking. Probably the best combat system in all of JRPGs too.

I noticed you increase you knwoeldge etc but I dont see any stats for it in the menu? And how does that even help?

It's weird seeing White People In japanese highschools. Never understood why japs love emasculating themselves.

I fused arsene with some nobody and then had to buy him back again. Smdh.

Playing on hard mode and it can get grindy.
    Your stats like knowledge and charisma increase pretty slowly and the menu will only show when it goes up one full level (I think there are five levels for each of those stats). I forget where in the menu it is, but the status screen looks like this:

The only white person in the high school I can remember was Ann, everyone else is Japanese.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing Persona 5 right now. Awesome JRPG, but dialouge and script is too much. Way too much talking. Probably the best combat system in all of JRPGs too.

I noticed you increase you knwoeldge etc but I dont see any stats for it in the menu? And how does that even help?

It's weird seeing White People In japanese highschools. Never understood why japs love emasculating themselves.

I fused arsene with some nobody and then had to buy him back again. Smdh.

Playing on hard mode and it can get grindy.
    Those stats indirectly help combat by allowing you to advance through your real-world relationships, which unlock different abilities and combat moves as you level the relationships up. I don't think it's possible to max everybody out as there are a lot of playable and non-playable characters that want to spend time with you at different stages in the game. So you might want to look up who provides what abilities and plan your time wisely.

FWIW, this game nearly killed video games for me. 120+ hours to complete a fairly linear single player game (and I don't feel like I was spending an excessive amount of time doing side quests and stuff) was just too much. The only thing that kept me going was the combat, which I really enjoyed. But there are blocks of hours where you are trapped in dialogue loops and the only breaks you get are when you're standing in your bedroom, and literally your only two options are to save the game or go to bed (which starts the next day into dialogue ).

I had to take a break from games for a few months after I beat P5.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those stats indirectly help combat by allowing you to advance through your real-world relationships, which unlock different abilities and combat moves as you level the relationships up. I don't think it's possible to max everybody out as there are a lot of playable and non-playable characters that want to spend time with you at different stages in the game. So you might want to look up who provides what abilities and plan your time wisely.

FWIW, this game nearly killed video games for me. 120+ hours to complete a fairly linear single player game (and I don't feel like I was spending an excessive amount of time doing side quests and stuff) was just too much. The only thing that kept me going was the combat, which I really enjoyed. But there are blocks of hours where you are trapped in dialogue loops and the only breaks you get are when you're standing in your bedroom, and literally your only two options are to save the game or go to bed (which starts the next day into dialogue ).

Its weird how combat is the reason why we keep on coming back. That never haapens in jrpg. A testment to how good the combat is.

I wonder with more budget if they'd be able to open up the game and provide more freedom. This is the most linear JRPG ive played ever. 80% of the time, the game gives you very limited options on what to do specially in the first couple palaces

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its weird how combat is the reason why we keep on coming back. That never haapens in jrpg. A testment to how good the combat is.

I wonder with more budget if they'd be able to open up the game and provide more freedom. This is the most linear JRPG ive played ever. 80% of the time, the game gives you very limited options on what to do specially in the first couple palaces
    The only real freedom you're given is while you have an active palace ongoing. Then you basically have two blocks of time after school to level up stats or spend time with somebody. Going to mementos or the palace eliminates that time for the day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If you like the combat but hate all the side stuff the Shin Megami Tensei series might be something you'd enjoy more. It's the series Persona was split off from and has a similar (though superior IMO) battle system. They're pretty hardcore dungeon crawlers with much more difficult combat than the Persona games and none of the life sim / dating sim stuff. Plus minimal use of cutscenes and none of the long sequences of dialogue (as much as I love Persona I ing hate the class trips that are 45 minutes of pressing X to get through the dialogue). The new one is a Switch exclusive that we won't see until 2019 or 2020 most likely. It only has a short reveal trailer so far:

I think the best game in the series is Nocturne on PS2 (though you can also buy it off PSN if you have a PS3).

Shin Megami Tensei IV is really cool too if you have a 3DS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It isn't that I hate dialogue-heavy games with life/dating sim stuff, I just feel like the pacing was way off. There were blocks of hours with nothing to do but click through dialogue. There should have been a better balance between storytelling and gameplay IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It isn't that I hate dialogue-heavy games with life/dating sim stuff, I just feel like the pacing was way off. There were blocks of hours with nothing to do but click through dialogue. There should have been a better balance between storytelling and gameplay IMO.
    Well you might still get a real kick out of Shin Megami Tensei games if you're into the combat. Persona games all have those kind of dragging story moments (at least since the PS2 and newer). In the Persona games you can always get away with making simple offensive minded character builds but you'll get wrecked in the Shin Megami Tensei games without good team design around buffs and debuffs. I like that you can't level your way out of in it either. In SMT IV even at level 99 with level 99 teammates you'll get routinely destroyed by all bosses in the last third of the game if you don't build a team with good and complementary buffs and debuffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing assassins creed Odyssey atm... Really fun game. Pretty much like Origins but better. Only thing they ed up is they took the shield out and you can only do a timed parry instead of a block which is lame
    Greeks
    Goats everywhere
    KillBillPana

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Greeks
    Goats everywhere
    KillBillPana

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well you might still get a real kick out of Shin Megami Tensei games if you're into the combat. Persona games all have those kind of dragging story moments (at least since the PS2 and newer). In the Persona games you can always get away with making simple offensive minded character builds but you'll get wrecked in the Shin Megami Tensei games without good team design around buffs and debuffs. I like that you can't level your way out of in it either. In SMT IV even at level 99 with level 99 teammates you'll get routinely destroyed by all bosses in the last third of the game if you don't build a team with good and complementary buffs and debuffs.
    Will check it out if the opportunity comes up. Having to use strategy and plan out these long boss battles is one of the things I used to enjoy with turn-based JRPGs (have mostly only played western RPGs in over a decade). Even though I like P5's combat, the boss battles were nothing to write home about. They just basically all had a ton of health and you'd have to find out their resistances. That's about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn Analogue is coming out with an FPGA Genesis clone which also plays Master System games. Their NES and SNES clones are supposed to be ing flawless since you're basically playing in hardware. Get in here Chris, this system sounds amazing.

Especially if you pair it with an Everdrive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn Analogue is coming out with an FPGA Genesis clone which also plays Master System games. Their NES and SNES clones are supposed to be ing flawless since you're basically playing in hardware. Get in here Chris, this system sounds amazing.

Especially if you pair it with an Everdrive.

If it can run Phantasy Star 2 or Shadowrun I'm in

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it can run Phantasy Star 2 or Shadowrun I'm in
    Not too bad for $189 plus shipping. Everdrive will probably cost you another $100 if you want to play roms off an SD card, though no need if you already have a bunch of Genesis cartridges.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not too bad for $189 plus shipping. Everdrive will probably cost you another $100 if you want to play roms off an SD card, though no need if you already have a bunch of Genesis cartridges.
    Luckily genesis cartridges are still going relatively cheap. I'm seeing both at around $20.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Considering the Genesis Mini Sega is releasing next year will probably be around $80 and using software emulation that Analogue Genesis at $189 looks like a ing of a deal. Especially with an 8BitDo controller included, those are awesome.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mobile Legends.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gave up on origins last night.. began skipping through dialogues and there just wasnt anything else there beyond sightseeing.. its basically a witcher 3 clone with crappy writing, they lost all of the crazy political conspiracy that made the series interesting IMO. The AI/combat were way too easy and monotonous

one of my kids friends lead me to shaolin vs wutang... a lot of fun for anyone who likes fighting games / martial arts movies

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FFFFFFFFuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccckkkkkkk Days Gone just got pushed back to April 26th because apparently Sony is scared of competing with Anthem, Metro Exodus, Devil May Cry 5, and The Division 2 in February 2016 on its initial launch date? I could understand when they decided not to launch in Fall 2018 to keep from having to compete with Red Dead Redemption 2, but to run scared from B-level releases in February? This game must suck.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Your stats like knowledge and charisma increase pretty slowly and the menu will only show when it goes up one full level (I think there are five levels for each of those stats). I forget where in the menu it is, but the status screen looks like this:

The only white person in the high school I can remember was Ann, everyone else is Japanese.
    Ann is partially Japanese.

Persona 5 is probably the longest game I have ever played. I don't know why I played it on Hard Mode, because I KNEW that it was just going to be grinding.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FFFFFFFFuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccckkkkkkk Days Gone just got pushed back to April 26th because apparently Sony is scared of competing with Anthem, Metro Exodus, Devil May Cry 5, and The Division 2 in February 2016 on its initial launch date? I could understand when they decided not to launch in Fall 2018 to keep from having to compete with Red Dead Redemption 2, but to run scared from B-level releases in February? This game must suck.
    Probably an excuse because the game still not ready.

They had no problem with God of War 4 and Spiderman. Both were released along tough compe ion and still took a on them.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    bout to fire up some soul calibur vi. been waiting for this sequel for awhile tbh. gonna go master using Geralt

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wallahi I hate Morgana. The things I dont like about the game..morgana is always the tool. Why cant i do stuff after a palace infiltration or going to mementos?

Oh and Ruyji talks a lot...like a lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wallahi I hate Morgana. The things I dont like about the game..morgana is always the tool. Why cant i do stuff after a palace infiltration or going to mementos?

Oh and Ruyji talks a lot...like a lot.
    Morgana is annoying as , true. Persona games (at least since 3) are heavily about time management. It's impossible to 100% the game on a first playthrough anyways, so I wouldn't worry too much about not being able to do things after combat. There actually is one way to still do things after spending time in a palace or mementos, but it'll be a major spoiler if I tell you how. If you want to know I'll post it though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Considering the Genesis Mini Sega is releasing next year will probably be around $80 and using software emulation that Analogue Genesis at $189 looks like a ing of a deal. Especially with an 8BitDo controller included, those are awesome.
    Picked up an SNES Classic for my kids bday, added an additional 40 or so games.. Pretty cool little system, I just wish it had more filters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Picked up an SNES Classic for my kids bday, added an additional 40 or so games.. Pretty cool little system, I just wish it had more filters.
    You can dual boot with NES Classic and add NES games too. The internals are exactly the same on the NES and SNES Classics. You can also use NES Classic controllers with the SNES Classic, though the cable length is only 2.5 feet on the NES Classic controller. Still, they're only $10 and then 6 to 10 foot extensions will run you another $10 or so. You can actually put the Famicom Mini OS on too and get the Japenese versions of Zelda and Metroid with better music as well as the Japanese version of Zelda II which has some real differences to the US version.

I like the look of the CRT filter (especially the one on the NES Classic), but I can feel it adding input lag so I turn it off.

Thread Information