Page 72 of 376 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 9386
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like you'll get a 20% off code for a purchase on PSN in the box with your PS4 also

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comment...20_off_coupon/

Also if you want to play online, buy your Playstation Plus while this sale is going on, since it's currently 12 months for $40 (it's normally 12 months for $60).

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...EARPACKAGE0000
    man, im used to PSN being free from the PS3...

but do you need PS Plus even to get game updates/downloads or is that purely for MP gaming?

A few games I can highly recommend in this sale:

God of War for $21.99
    Persona 5 for $19.99
    The Last of Us Remastered for $5.99
    NieR Automata for $29.99 (though Best Buy will have it for $20 on BF)
    GTA V for $19.79
    Fallout 4 for $14.99 (the DLC sucks IMO but the base game sold in this sale is pretty good)
    Nioh for $15.99 (not sure if the DLC is worth it, but the complete edition is $22.49)

Gamestop's Pre Black Friday Sale starting Sunday is really good also:

Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition for $10
    Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection for $10 (60 fps remasters of the three PS3 games)
    Uncharted Lost Legacy for $10

Gamestop also has Uncharted 4 for $15 in that sale. It's a really good game but this one goes on sale for $10 every once in a while, so no reason to pay $5 more for a game going into the backlog anyways unless you want to play it right away.

Some other really good games that are $20 MSRP now

Bloodborne (best game on PS4 IMO)
    Dying Light The Following Enhanced Edition (don't buy the one that's $14 on PSN right now, it doesn't have the DLC which contains the ending for the game)
    Yakuza 0
    Yakuza Kiwami
    thanks for the list man

i already played GTA5 on the PS3, dunno if i'd really want to buy it again. i'm actually still not done yet with New Vegas... How is fallout 4 comparatively speaking? and is there some ultimate edition with all the DLC included? i picked up NV ultimate for like 12 bucks at walmart

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The last of us remastered is going for 6 bucks?

I never did buy the PS4 version.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nier is the best game on that list Imo. But I suppose you would have to like JRPGs to enjoy it. But defs one of the better games I've played in the lady couple years and for 20 on BF is a great deal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All of bb's list are good suggestions, except Nioh which I played on pc and was thoroughly disappointed. But I have never played any of the yazkua or persona games tbh.

BTW bb, I know you like those yakuza games. And one of them is free on PSN right now. Forget which, but is it worth it to check it out?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man, im used to PSN being free from the PS3...

but do you need PS Plus even to get game updates/downloads or is that purely for MP gaming?
    Nah you don't need PS Plus for digital games or updates. Just for online play.

thanks for the list man

i already played GTA5 on the PS3, dunno if i'd really want to buy it again. i'm actually still not done yet with New Vegas... How is fallout 4 comparatively speaking? and is there some ultimate edition with all the DLC included? i picked up NV ultimate for like 12 bucks at walmart
    New Vegas is a much better game than FO4 IMO. I'd rate New Vegas a 9.5/10 while FO4 would be 8.5/10 IMO. While the DLC is amazing in FONV I wasn't at all impressed by the FO4 DLC. The Nuka World DLC was competent I guess but not nearly as good as the base game. Then the rest of the DLC was crap. There is a complete edition of FO4 available. , I didn't notice until now that it's also on sale for $23.99

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...LLOUT4BUNDLENA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nier is the best game on that list Imo. But I suppose you would have to like JRPGs to enjoy it. But defs one of the better games I've played in the lady couple years and for 20 on BF is a great deal
    Yeah NieR Automata is only one of eight games I have ever played that I would rate a perfect 10/10. My list of perfect 10/10 games goes:

1. Super Mario Bros [NES]
    2. Shinobi [Arcade]
    3. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past [SNES]
    4. Half Life 1 [PC]
    5. Fallout 2 [PC]
    6. Skyrim [PC/360/PS3/XB1/PS4]
    7. Bloodborne [PS4]
    8. NieR Automata [PC/PS4/XB1]

I love the fast paced fighting, the story is incredible, and the soundtrack is only matched by Persona 5 IMO (not counting the epic GTA soundtracks since those weren't original music).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All of bb's list are good suggestions, except Nioh which I played on pc and was thoroughly disappointed. But I have never played any of the yazkua or persona games tbh.

BTW bb, I know you like those yakuza games. And one of them is free on PSN right now. Forget which, but is it worth it to check it out?
    Yakuza Kiwami is the game free on PS Plus right now. It's an excellent game if you like beat 'em ups. But it's the PS4 remake of Yakuza 1, so you should play Yakuza 0 first for the backstory of Kazuma Kiryu and Goro Majima. Yakuza 0 is cheap, it's $20 everywhere now, and it's a killer game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The last of us remastered is going for 6 bucks?

I never did buy the PS4 version.
    It's a pretty significant upgrade from the PS3 version. The PS3 version struggles hard to get to 30 fps but the PS4 remaster runs a mostly locked 60 fps on my PS4 Slim. I have both and the PS4 game is so much smoother.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a pretty significant upgrade from the PS3 version. The PS3 version struggles hard to get to 30 fps but the PS4 remaster runs a mostly locked 60 fps on my PS4 Slim. I have both and the PS4 game is so much smoother.
    i never even played that (last of us) on the ps3, so for $6 that's a no brainer.

i basically stopped gaming around summer of 2014. the last major releases i remember buying were GTA 5 (loved it) and Call of Duty Ghosts (was a complete abomination on PS3). i just imagine that with a pretty good likelihood of leaving LA for a few years and the wife being pretty occupied with school, ima have a lot more time to kill in the evenings. at this point i'll probably focus on single player stuff tho, maybe will look into online gaming later. ive heard the new COD is pretty good, but honestly that stuff is twitch reflex and muscle memory and i'd probably be pretty dog at online FPS games right now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i never even played that (last of us) on the ps3, so for $6 that's a no brainer.

i basically stopped gaming around summer of 2014. the last major releases i remember buying were GTA 5 (loved it) and Call of Duty Ghosts (was a complete abomination on PS3). i just imagine that with a pretty good likelihood of leaving LA for a few years and the wife being pretty occupied with school, ima have a lot more time to kill in the evenings. at this point i'll probably focus on single player stuff tho, maybe will look into online gaming later. ive heard the new COD is pretty good, but honestly that stuff is twitch reflex and muscle memory and i'd probably be pretty dog at online FPS games right now
    It's a great time to buy a PS4 IMO. The hardware is dirt cheap and we're near the end of the generation (PS5 is supposed to be announced next year and available in 2020), so most of the best games on the system are really cheap. They're the anti-Nintendo, they'd rather have people buy games for $20 once the hype has died out than just not have them buy . ing everything good on Nintendo Switch seems like it stays $60.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a great time to buy a PS4 IMO. The hardware is dirt cheap and we're near the end of the generation (PS5 is supposed to be announced next year and available in 2020), so most of the best games on the system are really cheap. They're the anti-Nintendo, they'd rather have people buy games for $20 once the hype has died out than just not have them buy . ing everything good on Nintendo Switch seems like it stays $60.
    yeah, i wasn't really planning on buying a ps4, but the announced deal was too damn enticing.

i'm enjoying new vegas. still think i liked fallout 3 more, but that could just be nostalgia or some familiarity bias. still fairly early into the game (character is at about level 12 or 13 atm), though.

it won't really be till about august-september when i'll really be playing on a regular basis. between spiderman that comes with the bundle, The Last of Us, and maybe 1 -2 games on your list that should get me through quite a few months. i'm familiar with God of War franchise, and $22 during the sale seems good. but i also know you've really pimped persona/yakuza/nier. i dont have a ton of familiarly with JRPG, might wait on those les

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I took a look at Hitman 2 and I'm seeing a lot of complaints.

Basically a copy/paste from the previous game with little changes made to it. But at least you actually get the full game this time instead of getting piece meals episodic for 60 dollars.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, i wasn't really planning on buying a ps4, but the announced deal was too damn enticing.

i'm enjoying new vegas. still think i liked fallout 3 more, but that could just be nostalgia or some familiarity bias. still fairly early into the game (character is at about level 12 or 13 atm), though.

it won't really be till about august-september when i'll really be playing on a regular basis. between spiderman that comes with the bundle, The Last of Us, and maybe 1 -2 games on your list that should get me through quite a few months. i'm familiar with God of War franchise, and $22 during the sale seems good. but i also know you've really pimped persona/yakuza/nier. i dont have a ton of familiarly with JRPG, might wait on those les
    Fallout 4 is definitely more Fallout 3 than Fallout New Vegas, so you might like it more than I did (I strongly preferred FONV to FO3). Persona is definitely a pure JRPG with turn based combat. Yakuza is kind of open world, but mostly a beat 'em up. I wouldn't call it JRPG at all. NieR Automata is kind of part JRPG, part Bayonetta or God of War style action, though it also has some shoot 'em up segments (eg like 1942 or Geometry Wars).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fallout 4 is definitely more Fallout 3 than Fallout New Vegas, so you might like it more than I did (I strongly preferred FONV to FO3). Persona is definitely a pure JRPG with turn based combat. Yakuza is kind of open world, but mostly a beat 'em up. NieR Automata is kind of part JRPG, part Bayonetta or God of War style action, though it also has some shoot 'em up segments (eg like 1942 or Geometry Wars).
    FO3 and FONV are actually remarkably similar gameplay wise. FONV looks a lot more crisp. has more ability for custom builds, more weapons, even different rounds. i generally care less for that stuff. i prefer to spend more time playing the game than sitting at a menu building stuff. but FO3's environment was something else. capital wasteland was truly a spectacle imo. and while the color pallet was admittedly more boring, the game was thematically darker as well, and i really dug that aspect of it.

edit: actually when it comes to gameplay, FONV is a big improvement with regards to non-VATS combat. so i have to give that credit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bought Sunset Overdrive for PC, gonna play it someday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FO3 and FONV are actually remarkably similar gameplay wise. FONV looks a lot more crisp. has more ability for custom builds, more weapons, even different rounds. i generally care less for that stuff. i prefer to spend more time playing the game than sitting at a menu building stuff. but FO3's environment was something else. capital wasteland was truly a spectacle imo. and while the color pallet was admittedly more boring, the game was thematically darker as well, and i really dug that aspect of it.
    I think I liked FONV better because it brought back a lot of things from the first two Fallout games before Bethesda bought the series. Stuff like gun customization, like you said different types of ammunition, plus some of the dark humor from the original turn based Fallouts. But I really enjoyed FO3 and FO4 also.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    edit: actually when it comes to gameplay, FONV is a big improvement with regards to non-VATS combat. so i have to give that credit
    For non VATS combat Fallout 4 is a night and day improvement over both Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. I have always used VATS though for most combat (yet another reason I have no interest in that pos Fallout 76).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For non VATS combat Fallout 4 is a night and day improvement over both Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. I have always used VATS though for most combat (yet another reason I have no interest in that pos Fallout 76).
    oh i still lean on VATS when there's a gunfight of any significance. but if theres just a few raiders/escaped convicts or whatever, its nice to just pull out a service rifle and take them out quickly without VATS. in fallout 3 non-vats was only feasible if ur within shotgun range

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Octopath Traveler is surprisingly satisfying tbh..really scratching an itch for me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can also buy arkham asylum + city for like 12 bucks on PS store during black friday sale. That's nuts. I played asylum a while ago and it was great. Hadn't played city.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can also buy arkham asylum + city for like 12 bucks on PS store during black friday sale. That's nuts. I played asylum a while ago and it was great. Hadn't played city.
    https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...load%3Anull%3A

5 Bucks. That cant be right...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Octopath Traveler is surprisingly satisfying tbh..really scratching an itch for me
    I'll have to pirate it soon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a pretty standard sale on PSN. That combo is old and goes on sale a lot:

https://psprices.com/region-us/game/...turn-to-arkham

Arkham Knight goes sub $10 all the time too

https://psprices.com/region-us/game/...-arkham-knight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mhm

tho its funny ima start my ps4 library with mostly remastered ps3 games ... outside of spiderman, ima get last of us and the arkham games to start with. should keep me occupied enough for a while. might also just pick up god of war during the deal too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mhm

tho its funny ima start my ps4 library with mostly remastered ps3 games ... outside of spiderman, ima get last of us and the arkham games to start with. should keep me occupied enough for a while. might also just pick up god of war during the deal too
    You'd be surprised how often you can find really good games on PSN for $8 or less. Especially now that we're entering the last couple of years of the PS4 generation. Getting in on a Playstation mid to end cycle is where it's at because it becomes super cheap for both hardware and games.

Ever since they introduced the PS4 Slim (which is much cheaper to produce than the original PS4 thanks to a lithography shrink from 28nm to 16nm) these kind of holiday deals have been the norm. I bought mine in December 2016 for $220 from newegg.com with Uncharted 4 back when that was a $60 game. Plus Sony sent me a $10 credit to spend on the PSN Store also. Though that was back when the hard drive was 500GB (which isn't much this generation).

Thread Information