Page 87 of 376 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 9381
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bb is just like one of my friends has a giant back log of PS4 games he needs to play because he finally got one like a year and a half ago and instead of playing LoU or Uncharted 4 or RDR2 etc he just keeps replaying Witcher 3 or Shadow of War again with different builds or on harder settings
    LOL. And if Persona 5 R launches in March I'll be playing that Day 1.

Unless it's a lousy secondary story addon like Persona 3 FES was to Persona 3. Though I'm guessing it'll be a fall release (in Japan, probably spring or summer 2020 in the US) and the Atlus 3/2019 teaser was just an announcement of an announcement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah... can someone explain to me why a platformer that looks like it can be played on my TI-89 calculator has gotten to much acclaim?

i mean i get dinosaurs like midnightpulp refuse to play anything modern, but its absurd tbh
    I don't think pixel art in itself is bad in games while playing in 2019. It's great in the stuff midnightpulp talks about because it's what all the most talented developers were making at the time. Now pixel art games are mostly indie crap while the real talent in the industry is making Red Dead, Dark Souls, GTA, Elder Scrolls, Kingdom Hearts, God of War, and so on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just finished yakuza 0. Man, what has SEGA been doing? The lack of confidence in advertising this game in the west is embarrasing. Just because Its not tailored for western audience with western hereos doesnt mean its gon a do .

Yakuza 0 is an easy 8.5/10 and it would be a 10/10 if not for the suspect comabt. The substories and mini games in this game was ing amazing. The Story even ing better.

This was a great change of pace for me. I played Persona 5 before playing this game, and while that games mechanics is almost second to none in JRPG and the presentation is GOAT. The story just pales in comparison.

It feels like yakuza 0 was written by an actual writer with little to no limitations and Persona 5 needed Padding, western touches etc etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. And if Persona 5 R launches in March I'll be playing that Day 1.

Unless it's a lousy secondary story addon like Persona 3 FES was to Persona 3. Though I'm guessing it'll be a fall release (in Japan, probably spring or summer 2020 in the US) and the Atlus 3/2019 teaser was just an announcement of an announcement.

Man, you're just a fanboy at this point. How do you even surive persona 5 for 300 hours? I got semi addicted to forming personas but i logged in a total 110ish and I was tired by the end of it. spurraider21 will hate that game. Story was good, but it had way too many cringey moments and the dialogue was an absouloute disaster. Great story concept though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still, I havent played these so many games in like a span of 6 months and I still have the rest of yakuza series and Red Dead to go.

So far if i have to rank my most recently played games..id go.

God of War 10/10
    Yakuza 0 8.5/10
    Persona 5 9/10
    Spiderman 8.0/10

Persona 5 gets a better score because the only flaw in that game is the redundant writing, but yakuza 0 is very close to GOAT of war in terms of total enjoyment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ill say this, GOAT of war is my favourite game this Gen but Yakuza 0 beats it in Story intensity, writing and Plot. Chapter 1-4 is great, but chapters 5 and onwards is what gives yakuza 0 the GOAT story.

Seriously, Yakuza 0 gotta be my kawhi of Video games. Gonna stan this series from no on. Hopefully kiwami and the rest dont dissapoint.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, you're just a fanboy at this point. How do you even surive persona 5 for 300 hours? I got semi addicted to forming personas but i logged in a total 110ish and I was tired by the end of it. spurraider21 will hate that game. Story was good, but it had way too many cringey moments and the dialogue was an absouloute disaster. Great story concept though.
    I have done three playthroughs in about a year and a half. I love the combat and art style and the soundtrack is unbelievable. I do hate the extended story section in that long and boring class trip to Hawaii, which is what keeps the game from being a 10/10 for me. The story itself isn't that great in Persona 5 except for Futaba's palace. The game in the series that has the best story and character development is Persona 4 Golden. Though I'm also a big fan of the Shin Megami Tensei games (eg series Persona spun off from) that are straight dungeon crawlers and have minimal story (especially Nocturne on the PS2).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont get it. why would that be something an alt says? the lack of broken english?
    Because he's talking to himself..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because he's talking to himself..
    cause he's picking up on his thought after playing the game another day or 2

i've done that too

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    y'all are making me wanna try yakuza or persona. i have a soft spot for jrpgs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yakuza has some RPG elements since it has character and stat building but to me it's more a modern day Streets of Rage with weird Japanese humor thrown in. Most of the game you're just beating the out of people but then it has funny side like slot car racing against a bunch of kids or a rock/paper/scissors wrestling arcade game with women dressed as ty insects. The games have some really ing hilarious missions that I won't spoil here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's an example of the kind of stupid funny in Yakuza games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually more like Streets of Rage plus a killer story and weird Japanese humor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didnt even play the minigames that kucj and barely touched yakuza substories and it is still one of my alltime favourite games.

Imo, your first playthrough should be short. It should all be about the main story.

The games strongest point is the story and every damn character in that game is memorable as .

Ignore all of the side for the first playthrough. Its obvious it can get a player fatigued cause theres lots of redundancy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Played them both. Persona 5 for about 115hrs. Yakuza 0 for 29 hrs.

Yakuza 0 hands down was a more memorable experience. Persona story/acting etc is straight up trash compared to yakuza.

But to be fair persona 5 presentation and Combat is GOAT level. Not to mention forming personas etc is addicting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didnt even play the minigames that kucj and barely touched yakuza substories and it is still one of my alltime favourite games.

Imo, your first playthrough should be short. It should all be about the main story.

The games strongest point is the story and every damn character in that game is memorable as .

Ignore all of the side for the first playthrough. Its obvious it can get a player fatigued cause theres lots of redundancy
    You're really missing out if you skip the side quests in Yakuza games. They are some of the strongest material in the games and have all the funny parts. The grinding, arena fights, and hostess club minigame could definitely cause player fatigue so could be worth skipping, but the side missions are often bite-sized comedy interludes to break up the serious tone set by the story missions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're really missing out if you skip the side quests in Yakuza games. They are some of the strongest material in the games and have all the funny parts. The grinding, arena fights, and hostess club minigame could definitely cause player fatigue so could be worth skipping, but the side missions are often bite-sized comedy interludes to break up the serious tone set by the story missions.
    I did play a bit. Probably less than half though.

My favourite has to be that cult s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing is once I got to chapter 5. I just fell inlove with the story and characters. At that point it was lile binge watching a netflix show.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did play a bit. Probably less than half though.

My favourite has to be that cult s
    If that's the funniest one you have done then you haven't done enough of them tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh man. Now I feel like replaying the game and doing all the substories. Ill probably take a break and replay it again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh man. Now I feel like replaying the game and doing all the substories. Ill probably take a break and replay it again.
    You don't need to, I think you can do all the substories any time you want after unlocking them (eg some aren't available until you get to a given chapter).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AC III is getting a remaster on PS4. Eeeewww

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you get tired of fetch quest games Dead by Daylight still has a large player base and about to get dedicated servers.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    pumping up a 3 year old game

was thinking about it actually since i noticed it was on sale for 10 bucks on steam. perhaps ill check out some gameplay vids

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just put RetroArch on my Switch for playing Genesis and PS1 games on the go. So far the two PS1 RPGs I have tried (Final Fantasy VII and Persona 2 - Innocent Sin) seem to run great as does Castlevania Symphony of the Night, but Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2 both have lots of slowdown even with threaded video enabled. I'd imagine good N64 and PSP emulation is going to be a ways away on the Switch if PS1 isn't flawless yet, though RetroArch on Switch has only been a thing since October.

Thread Information