Page 92 of 376 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 9381
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You ever check the My Life in Gaming youtube channel? They do so many cool videos about older consoles and how to get the best video quality out of them today. Here's their video on the PS1, with the PSP discussed at the 14 minute mark. It's not quite as sharp as PS1 so I don't know if you'd be better off with PS1 over composite or PSPgo over component though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7fCTHu99bk&t=14m0s

BTW, that 2x scale for PS1 games on the Vita they mention really looks awesome. Just got an OLED Vita and I strongly prefer it over Switch for PS1 gaming even with the smaller screen.

Have you also heard of the flash drive adapter you can add to the audiophile PS1 to play roms? It's called PS-IO, supposedly it requires some simple soldering but nothing too difficult.

https://ps-io.com/

My Life in Gaming is a really cool channel. I think they have a video on the Phoebe/Rhea kits for playing Saturn games off a flash drive too if you're interested. Lots of stuff on Framemeister and other upscalers. Their PS2 video was really helpful to me for picking the hardware and configuration on my system, though after watching it I keep going back and forth on whether to buy a nice Trinitron CRT for my PS2 for the image quality or whether to leave it hooked up to my TV so I can have the music and sound playing on my stereo. No real room to put a CRT in my main setup, though maybe a cheap 2.1 would be good with it and the CRT. As I type this I'm kind of talking myself into it, especially to get a Genesis to use over composite too. Genesis and PS2 are two systems that seem to really be made for playing on CRT.
    I like the iretroganer channel.. Damn shame dude deleted his page, but somebody uploaded some of his videos with the footage from the 90's

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i played nba 2k19 with my buddy on sunday.

holy basketball games are complete trash. 2k games have felt identical for like 4-5 years now. i havent owned a basketball game for over a decade, but i have cousins who buy them every year. and man, at least since 2k16 or so, the games have felt exactly the same. the player animations are so drawn out. it feels like you're steering boats instead of humans. every movement/animation is so long and deliberate that it just feels like you're playing underwater.

so glad i haven't wasted a penny on this franchise. the only sports game worth playing these days is fifa imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

holy basketball games are complete trash. 2k games have felt identical for like 4-5 years now. i havent owned a basketball game for over a decade, but i have cousins who buy them every year. and man, at least since 2k16 or so, the games have felt exactly the same. the player animations are so drawn out. it feels like you're steering boats instead of humans. every movement/animation is so long and deliberate that it just feels like you're playing underwater.

so glad i haven't wasted a penny on this franchise. the only sports game worth playing these days is fifa imo
    Bend over, I'll ing show you long and deliberate.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

NBA 2k13 is the last one I bought. Since then I pirate them, play a game or two, and then delete from my hard drive when I see it's the same game it was back then but with new uniforms and a bad story mode. Amazing how quickly 2k went from being one of the most beloved franchises to being modern day NBA Live.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the iretroganer channel.. Damn shame dude deleted his page, but somebody uploaded some of his videos with the footage from the 90's
    Wow thanks for recommending a channel I can't watch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA 2k13 is the last one I bought. Since then I pirate them, play a game or two, and then delete from my hard drive when I see it's the same game it was back then but with new uniforms and a bad story mode. Amazing how quickly 2k went from being one of the most beloved franchises to being modern day NBA Live.
    the most fun i had playing a basketball game was probably NBA Live 2004 (that or Street Vol 2 ). i thought 2005 was slightly worse but introduced the dunk contest which was cool at the time. last one i owned iirc was 2k8 or something and i remember hating it.

i never enjoyed 2k tbh, but they're laughably bad now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the most fun i had playing a basketball game was probably NBA Live 2004 (that or Street Vol 2 ). i thought 2005 was slightly worse but introduced the dunk contest which was cool at the time. last one i owned iirc was 2k8 or something and i remember hating it.

i never enjoyed 2k tbh, but they're laughably bad now
    I wasn't a fan of Live 2004 at all. That jump step was so overpowered and looked like the most obvious travel ever. I really liked Live 2003 since it played like a 5 on 5 NBA Jam and then I thought Live 2005 was a solid sim. Live 2006 was the last one I liked in the series though, it went to pretty quickly after.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn't a fan of Live 2004 at all. That jump step was so overpowered and looked like the most obvious travel ever. I really liked Live 2003 since it played like a 5 on 5 NBA Jam and then I thought Live 2005 was a solid sim. Live 2006 was the last one I liked in the series though, it went to pretty quickly after.
    jump step was nuts, but imo it was perfectly countered by how OP shotblocking was in the paint. between rasho/duncan, it was near impossible to score a layup/dunk at all against the spurs in that game, for instance.

i'd say my biggest grip with Live 04 was generally how underpowered the spurs were. coming off a year where they were NBA champs, they were only rated 84 in the game. even lower than the nets they just spanked. significantly lower than the mavs/lakers/kings. the spurs perimeter players were terribad in the game, too.

and duncan, coming off his 2nd straight MVP, and a dominant finals MVP run, was rated 91 whereas KG/Kobe were 97's

but from a gameplay perspective, i thought live 04 was fantastic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    jump step was nuts, but imo it was perfectly countered by how OP shotblocking was in the paint. between rasho/duncan, it was near impossible to score a layup/dunk at all against the spurs in that game, for instance.

i'd say my biggest grip with Live 04 was generally how underpowered the spurs were. coming off a year where they were NBA champs, they were only rated 84 in the game. even lower than the nets they just spanked. significantly lower than the mavs/lakers/kings. the spurs perimeter players were terribad in the game, too.

and duncan, coming off his 2nd straight MVP, and a dominant finals MVP run, was rated 91 whereas KG/Kobe were 97's

but from a gameplay perspective, i thought live 04 was fantastic
    The overpowered blocks made Live 03 so much fun. I'd always play with New Jersey and between KMart and Mutombo it was hard for anyone to score on me inside. After a block I'd just throw the ball to Kidd and then Jefferson and Kittles would streak to the rim for easy open court dunks.

The most broken defense though was Live 99 by far. Instead of boxing out you could shove people to the ground. Instead of having to intercept passes you'd just shove the guy receiving the pass before the ball got to him and then catch it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The overpowered blocks made Live 03 so much fun. I'd always play with New Jersey and between KMart and Mutombo it was hard for anyone to score on me inside. After a block I'd just throw the ball to Kidd and then Jefferson and Kittles would streak to the rim for easy open court dunks.

The most broken defense though was Live 99 by far. Instead of boxing out you could shove people to the ground. Instead of having to intercept passes you'd just shove the guy receiving the pass before the ball got to him and then catch it.
    i never played that one... but there was a very similar dynamic in Live 2001. hand checking was absurdly OP

sometimes when playing friends we'd turn fouls off and just go ham

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i never played that one... but there was a very similar dynamic in Live 2001. hand checking was absurdly OP

sometimes when playing friends we'd turn fouls off and just go ham
    The shoving in Live 99 was an order of magnitude more powerful than the hand checking in Live 01. You could easily play games of Live 99 where the only points given up would be free throws from when you mistimed your shoves too many times in a quarter.

Live 2001 was such a POS. Live 2000 was great for the time and then supposedly EA went and fired everyone and hired a bunch of cheap mother ers for 01. Live 01 looked great graphically but god the pace was so slow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i always use my favorite team as primary though... so i was always stuck with whatever the spurs/raiders had in NBA/Madden games. the spurs weren't all that fun to play with in live 04 outside of posting up with duncan... but it was a cool challenge trying to score with that squad. when i played dynasty mode i'd always just abuse trades to eventually stack my team. would always trade for jason richardson. sometimes after 1 season iverson was a free agent, but went unsigned, so was available for the league minimum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i always use my favorite team as primary though... so i was always stuck with whatever the spurs/raiders had in NBA/Madden games. the spurs weren't all that fun to play with in live 04 outside of posting up with duncan... but it was a cool challenge trying to score with that squad. when i played dynasty mode i'd always just abuse trades to eventually stack my team. would always trade for jason richardson. sometimes after 1 season iverson was a free agent, but went unsigned, so was available for the league minimum
    At least you had Tecmo Super Bowl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least you had Tecmo Super Bowl
    i'm not that old ...

raiders were only truly frustrating to play with during the jamarcus years, but McFadden was enough to carry the offense, and raiders D always outperformed their ratings because their entire secondary always had speed ratings above 90, despite mediocre overall stats. but speed kills on defense, and they always had a good passrush with guys like richard seymour. after the russell era it got fun because carson palmer was good and even after that terrelle pryor, like all mobile qb's, was good.

i think madden peaked around 12 or 13 or so. now the games feel as slow as the modern nba gmes. too much emphasis on animations.

my favorite football game (besides blitz 2000 maybe, fur the lulz) was ESPN 2k5. that game blew madden out of the water and retailed for like $20 or $25

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow thanks for recommending a channel I can't watch
    I figured you would know what it is, it's one of the top recommended by the algorithm.. but like I was saying, some other channel uploaded his best video series and credited him.

Here's episode 1:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I figured you would know what it is, it's one of the top recommended by the algorithm.. but like I was saying, some other channel uploaded his best video series and credited him.

Here's episode 1:

Nice, I'll have to check his .

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they have an NBA Jam cabinet at Oddwood Ales here in Austin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm almost done with red dead, based on my completion% (im at about 87%, but that includes a bunch of challenges that i have no interest completing). i also know i'm on the final chapter.

man, this was such a good game. but long as . i cant imagine coming back to play this game for at least 3-4 years or somethin tbh. i'm sure there are other games where you can put in as many if not more hours exploring all the side content (fallout games tend to be that way, i understand witcher 3 is absolutely massive), but even just sticking to the campaign/story and doing no side content would be a LOONG journey.more to the point, even though there's an honor system, there are very few narrative choices you can actually make that would make it worth going back and replaying tbh. its not an rpg like fallout where you can go back and make a lockpick/science/speech/stealth run, and then come back with a small guns/energy weapons/repair based run.

but as a one-shot game, its as good a masterpiece as rockstar has put out. i dont feel like it has great replayability though. that being said i dont have PS Plus so i havent played online, and online components are obviously a big factor in the staying power of games.

next big ticket game on my list to play is God of War, but I plan to sneak in 1 or 2 smaller games before jumping in. i have something like 10-12 short ~10 hour games in my library that i want to clear out. main one is battlefront 2, which is primarily a MP game, but has a short ~6 hour campaign and yet is taking up 90 gigs of space. POS cousin convinced me to download it off his library because he claims the campaign was fun. it better be
    Last edited by spurraider21; 01-30-2019 at 04:01 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm almost done with red dead, based on my completion% (im at about 87%, but that includes a bunch of challenges that i have no interest completing). i also know i'm on the final chapter.

man, this was such a good game. but long as . i cant imagine coming back to play this game for at least 3-4 years or somethin tbh. i'm sure there are other games where you can put in as many if not more hours exploring all the side content (fallout games tend to be that way, i understand witcher 3 is absolutely massive), but even just sticking to the campaign/story and doing no side content would be a LOONG journey.more to the point, even though there's an honor system, there are very few narrative choices you can actually make that would make it worth going back and replaying tbh. its not an rpg like fallout where you can go back and make a lockpick/science/speech/stealth run, and then come back with a small guns/energy weapons/repair based run.

but as a one-shot game, its as good a masterpiece as rockstar has put out. i dont feel like it has great replayability though. that being said i dont have PS Plus so i havent played online, and online components are obviously a big factor in the staying power of games.

next big ticket game on my list to play is God of War, but I plan to sneak in 1 or 2 smaller games before jumping in. i have something like 10-12 short ~10 hour games in my library that i want to clear out. main one is battlefront 2, which is primarily a MP game, but has a short ~6 hour campaign and yet is taking up 90 gigs of space. POS cousin convinced me to download it off his library because he claims the campaign was fun. it better be
    Should take a couple weeks off from gaming. I find playing games after finishing 60+ hour games a chore.

After finishing inquisation a few years ago..played bloodbrone and got so bored.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should take a couple weeks off from gaming. I find playing games after finishing 60+ hour games a chore.

After finishing inquisation a few years ago..played bloodbrone and got so bored.
    eh, having taking a multi-year hiatus from regular gaming, i'm eager to get through a lot of these games. i basically missed the entire ps4 cycle, and tbh have a lot of classic/remastered old gen games that i never got through either

and i definitely agree about the fatigue ur talking about, but i generally dont feel that with the shorter linear games... nathan drake collection, ratchet and clank, etc. to me, playing those games is tantamount to taking a "break" from the bigger open world games. the big games i currently have in my library are God of War, Horizon, and Fallout 4. everything else i have seems to be sub-15 hours. its why i had a quick arkham asylum run before jumping into RDR2 following the last of us. TLOU wasn't that long, but it was such a heavy game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My favorite palate cleansers after a long game like that are short dumb games, like Donut County or Firewatch. I often don't like to play anything but really short bite sized stuff like that for a week after completing a mega game like RDR2. Though I think I may have stopped playing much of anything for a month or so after The Witcher 3 since that was so long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After finishing p5 this year i think i took a month off.

But yeah shorter games are nice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My favorite palate cleansers after a long game like that are short dumb games, like Donut County or Firewatch. I often don't like to play anything but really short bite sized stuff like that for a week after completing a mega game like RDR2. Though I think I may have stopped playing much of anything for a month or so after The Witcher 3 since that was so long.
    back in the day i would just go back to COD multiplayer like a degenerate tbh

that's basically all i would do between playing the big les. that was the most cost effective thing to do as a college student tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you play the original?
    I did I just never finished it. I also played Nemesis on the PS1 and RE 1 on the GC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can't post too much about...yes...Genital Joust

Thread Information