Page 93 of 376 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 9384
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did I just never finished it. I also played Nemesis on the PS1 and RE 1 on the GC.
    RE2 Remake is ing sick

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RE2 Remake is ing sick
    God bless the CODEX Store

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Yep, pretty close to beating the first playthrough with Leon then onto Claire. it's been quite exceptional tbh. one of the more hard to put down games ive played lately

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, pretty close to beating the first playthrough with Leon then onto Claire. it's been quite exceptional tbh. one of the more hard to put down games ive played lately
    . I was thinking of getting divinity original sin 2 now i might have to reconsider. So much hype around re2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RE2 Remake is ing sick
    Hey man does the executable take a long time to load for you? Also what settings are you running?

I thought maybe I just had the tiest 970 out there but this guy a 1555 MHz gets drops into the 20s during cutscenes too

Last edited by baseline bum; 02-03-2019 at 01:23 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boy the volumetric lighting setting rapes my 970. In that cutscene right before you shoot that first zombie in the ice house with Claire my minimum framerates at different settings are:

LOW: 62 fps
    MEDIUM: 46 fps
    HIGH: 27 fps

I gotta try some other settings to see if it's only volumetric lighting.

EDIT: So turning everything to max except shadows at high, AA at FXAA+TAA, and volumetric at medium only drops me to 44 fps minimum in that cutscene. Seems like that volumetric lighting setting may be main thing that determines performance.

Good intro though, I may have to start playing this for real tomorrow.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 02-03-2019 at 01:55 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey man does the executable take a long time to load for you? Also what settings are you running?

I thought maybe I just had the tiest 970 out there but this guy a 1555 MHz gets drops into the 20s during cutscenes too

There is a delay from the time I launch the game before it catches and starts functioning as usual.. RE7 did this exact too. The graphics settings are expansive, I've spent a ton of time messing with them.. The three settings I'd recommend for you to adjust are SSAO instead of HBAO+, shadows to medium, and the proper texture size for your VRAM.. Volumetric lighting from the max to medium is negligible look wise, but gives you back a good amount of frames in dark scenes.. It doesn't really rape my 1060 though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did I just never finished it. I also played Nemesis on the PS1 and RE 1 on the GC.
    I'm praying for a Resident Evil Code Veronica remake.. that's the TRUE Resident Evil 3.. Sony pushed Capcom to hurry up and get a game out for them scared Code Veronica was gonna steal their glory and sell Dreamcasts, so they forced a numbered entry exclusive into the series a few months early.. 3 was definitely my least favorite of the original series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a delay from the time I launch the game before it catches and starts functioning as usual.. RE7 did this exact too. The graphics settings are expansive, I've spent a ton of time messing with them.. The three settings I'd recommend for you to adjust are SSAO instead of HBAO+, shadows to medium, and the proper texture size for your VRAM.. Volumetric lighting from the max to medium is negligible look wise, but gives you back a good amount of frames in dark scenes.. It doesn't really rape my 1060 though.
    HBAO+ seems to not take too much performance away. Does SSAO look almost as good? SSAO and HBAO+ are virtually indistinguishable for me in every game but Witcher 3 (where HBAO+ is amazing) so I probably will scale back to SSAO in this one. Are high shadows dropping your gpu load under 100%? High vs medium hasn't made any difference for me, though I always thought shadows were very cpu bound usually. Volumetric on medium seems to allow me to stay over 60 fps in game but the cutscenes seem to have occasional drops into the forties.

Great game so far. For whatever reason I can't get it to recognize my wireless keyboard though so I'm playing with my 360 controller. Damn I wish Maxwell supported FreeSync so I could go buy a FreeSync monitor and run it cleanly at 40-100 fps though. No way I'm paying for GSync now.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 02-03-2019 at 05:06 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm praying for a Resident Evil Code Veronica remake.. that's the TRUE Resident Evil 3.. Sony pushed Capcom to hurry up and get a game out for them scared Code Veronica was gonna steal their glory and sell Dreamcasts, so they forced a numbered entry exclusive into the series a few months early.. 3 was definitely my least favorite of the original series.
    So I've heard. That's the one in Alaska or whatever right? In any event, RE7 and this remake have been epic. If they put out another remake I'll be sure to scoop it up immediately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I've heard. That's the one in Alaska or whatever right? In any event, RE7 and this remake have been epic. If they put out another remake I'll be sure to scoop it up immediately.
    I think I'm going to wait for cheap PC VR to play RE 7. I know PS VR is pretty cheap but can't say I want to jump on it when RE7 and Astro Bot are the only good games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It eventually has you head to Antarctica.. really great entry. The main character you deal with is creepy and the soundtrack is amazing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I'm going to wait for cheap PC VR to play RE 7. I know PS VR is pretty cheap but can't say I want to jump on it when RE7 and Astro Bot are the only good games.
    I just finished RE7.. I don't even really consider it a RE game tbh, but it's just a great game on it's own.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are RE2 and RE Revelations any good? They’re both offered for the Switch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HBAO+ seems to not take too much performance away. Does SSAO look almost as good? SSAO and HBAO+ are virtually indistinguishable for me in every game but Witcher 3 (where HBAO+ is amazing) so I probably will scale back to SSAO in this one. Are high shadows dropping your gpu load under 100%? High vs medium hasn't made any difference for me, though I always thought shadows were very cpu bound usually. Volumetric on medium seems to allow me to stay over 60 fps in game but the cutscenes seem to have occasional drops into the forties.

Great game so far. For whatever reason I can't get it to recognize my wireless keyboard though so I'm playing with my 360 controller. Damn I wish Maxwell supported FreeSync so I could go buy a FreeSync monitor and run it cleanly at 40-100 fps though. No way I'm paying for GSync now.
    HBAO+ has more precision than SSAO for just about the same performance penalty (if SSAO is using half resolution zbuffers, it's faster. At full res, it's probably slower). That said, AO quality isn't that much different between the two (and certainly lesser than VXAO, which has a larger performance penalty), and it's really dependent on the game geometry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    battlefront 2 is trash, at least the campaign. feels like a ps2 game with ps4 skin. good things its mercifully short. probably gonna play uncharted 1 next followed by arkham city. then see if i'm up for god of war

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just picked up Yakuza 6 from Best Buy for $20 (they also have Yakuza Kiwami 2 for $30 which is a great deal). Finally have the entire series on PS3+PS4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Picked up just cause 4 for 20 bucks. Oh my god the graphics are terrible wtf happened here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CODEX just released a crackfix to fix keyboard support as well as that long blackscreen on launch on one version of Windows 10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    after wrapping up the equally uninspiring DLC content for battlefront 2, i played the opening couple sequences of Uncharted 1... man even remastered the game looks dated. i imagine it will still be fun, and i've heard the rest of the series is leaps and bounds better than the first game.

i usually dont give a about graphics, but after playing some high end ps4 games (spider man, last of us, red dead) it's pretty glaring . i'll get over it shortly.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    after wrapping up the equally uninspiring DLC content for battlefront 2, i played the opening couple sequences of Uncharted 1... man even remastered the game looks dated. i imagine it will still be fun, and i've heard the rest of the series is leaps and bounds better than the first game.

i usually dont give a about graphics, but after playing some high end ps4 games (spider man, last of us, red dead) it's pretty glaring . i'll get over it shortly.
    Uncharted 2 >>>>> all of them imo. 4 is really good also but a lot of that is due to the success of LoU and Naughty Dog trying to implement some of that style into the game, i think storywise overall Uncharted 2 is the best in the series. 3 was kinda forgettable for me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I didn't think the graphics were so bad, but the control feels very dated in Uncharted 1. The control is indeed leaps and bounds better in Uncharted 2 and beyond. Also no way The Last of Us is a high end PS4 game graphically.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uncharted 2 >>>>> all of them imo. 4 is really good also but a lot of that is due to the success of LoU and Naughty Dog trying to implement some of that style into the game, i think storywise overall Uncharted 2 is the best in the series. 3 was kinda forgettable for me
    Man I thought they all got progressively better up to and through UC4 (never played Lost Legacy), with UC2 night and day better than UC1, UC3 slightly better than UC2, and UC4 significantly better than UC3. Though I played them on PS4. I heard on PS3 that UC3 ran like .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't think the graphics were so bad, but the control feels very dated in Uncharted 1. The control is indeed leaps and bounds better in Uncharted 2 and beyond. Also no way The Last of Us is a high end PS4 game graphically.
    True true. But the motion capture/facial expressions during cutscenes were still as good as anything I’ve seen. Especially compared to uncharted 1’s cutscenes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man I thought they all got progressively better up to and through UC4 (never played Lost Legacy), with UC2 night and day better than UC1, UC3 slightly better than UC2, and UC4 significantly better than UC3. Though I played them on PS4. I heard on PS3 that UC3 ran like .
    True. I thought 3 was better than 2.

Thread Information