My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CPY Store just released Ace Combat 7 bro
    Nice, will download today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully other multiplayer games follow or copy apex ping system. Just GOAT level system. Granted ive yet to play re2 and Kingdom hearts, but apex legends is pretty close to a 10/10 game.

Huge contender for GOTY.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    civilization? srsly?
    I still play Civ 5 occasionally, there's a Community Overhaul patch for balances and AI and such, and it's still active and being updated

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey Reck man, since you're into Ace Combat I wanted to pass on the news that your last chance to get Ace Combat 5 for PS4 is to buy the Ace Combat 7 Launch Edition before February 18th. No idea how good a port it is or whether it's worth getting for PS4 vs playing the PS2 original, but gotta jump on it quick if you want it.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...7LAUNCHSTANDRD

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    I have 190 hours invested in Monster Hunter World, and I am still complete at it. It's amazing how complicated a "one-note" game can be. I haven't even used half the weapons in the game.

The end-game monsters are ridiculous, by the way. Behemoth is way harder than it ever was in Final Fantasy. I haven't fought the Ancient Leshen, but I hear it is even worse.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    playing Far Cry New Dawn. fun game but nothing ground breaking here, though i enjoy it a lot more than FC5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just finished the Claire playthrough of RE2. Definitely worth playing after finishing the Leon playthrough, and much easier IMO.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    haven't gamed in a while, but I think I'm going to try out these RE games y'all talking about, and the new Metro game. will a slightly OC i5-6600 + GTX 960 still get the job done or should I upgrade first

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    haven't gamed in a while, but I think I'm going to try out these RE games y'all talking about, and the new Metro game. will a slightly OC i5-6600 + GTX 960 still get the job done or should I upgrade first
    You'll want to turn down settings like shadows, global illumination, ambient occlusion, and you might need to disable TAA and say run FXAA through the Nvidia Control Panel, but after that I imagine you could get a really good experience on a 960 in RE2. A 960 craps all over the 1080p console gpus. You can't do FXAA through the game itself sadly, and the game does need some form of AA. Metro Exodus looks like a monster to run though.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'll want to turn down settings like shadows, global illumination, ambient occlusion, and you might need to disable TAA and say run FXAA through the Nvidia Control Panel, but after that I imagine you could get a really good experience on a 960 in RE2. A 960 craps all over the 1080p console gpus. You can't do FXAA through the game itself sadly, and the game does need some form of AA. Metro Exodus looks like a monster to run though.
    thanks, guess I'll do RE now and Metro after upgrade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just starting up God of War. So I take it the game is best on the challenging mode and not the balanced mode, apalisoc_9? If this really has Bloodborne level combat I'd hate to play it on a casual game setting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just starting up God of War. So I take it the game is best on the challenging mode and not the balanced mode, apalisoc_9? If this really has Bloodborne level combat I'd hate to play it on a casual game setting.
    i almost always just play the hard difficulty

my rule of thumb for difficulty levels, generally:

easy, normal, hard - i play hard
    easy, normal, hard, extreme - hard on first play-through, extreme if i feel like going back to it again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also, just gonna say ratchet and clank has been an absolute delight. just got past the 2nd major boss, the big Mrs. Zurkon robot, so i'm probably in the home stretch.

i've been very stingy with my bolts though ... i dont want to waste currency on weapons, but honestly have no clue what to save them for. i'm still using the fusion grenades that you unlock right near the beginning ... might splurge on the big missile launcher thing. but i've just noticed that the weapons get exponentially more expensive and i dont want to suddenly be short on bolts when some amazing gun drops for like 500k bolts or some

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i almost always just play the hard difficulty

my rule of thumb for difficulty levels, generally:

easy, normal, hard - i play hard
    easy, normal, hard, extreme - hard on first play-through, extreme if i feel like going back to it again
    I usually play default modes since I mostly want to play the game as the developer intended, but apa has me intrigued by the combat with the Bloodborne comparison. Usually hard mode is just give the enemy more health and harder hitting attacks as opposed to giving better AI though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also, just gonna say ratchet and clank has been an absolute delight. just got past the 2nd major boss, the big Mrs. Zurkon robot, so i'm probably in the home stretch.

i've been very stingy with my bolts though ... i dont want to waste currency on weapons, but honestly have no clue what to save them for. i'm still using the fusion grenades that you unlock right near the beginning ... might splurge on the big missile launcher thing. but i've just noticed that the weapons get exponentially more expensive and i dont want to suddenly be short on bolts when some amazing gun drops for like 500k bolts or some
    I think Ratchet & Clank is best when you use all the weapons. Some of them are pretty ridiculous in a good way. I thought that game looked so stupid but apa kept hyping it here and he was absolutely right, that game is a blast. I hope we have another coming quick on PS5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I usually play default modes since I mostly want to play the game as the developer intended,
    thats how they intended it for the mainstream audience which would also include gamers far less experienced/competent than you, though.

but apa has me intrigued by the combat with the Bloodborne comparison. Usually hard mode is just give the enemy more health and harder hitting attacks as opposed to giving better AI though.
    varies game to game... but yeah in some games its just a damage/health adjustment which is a pretty lazy way to implement difficulty, but still forces you to play more strategic/defensive instead of being some juggernaut who can just slay the full game. Veteran difficulty in COD games has always been a notorious abuser of this. you basically had to memorize every enemy position, all lines of sight. it takes away from the game imo. i imagine brutal/crushing difficulty in Uncharted is the same thing, so i dont bother with those unless i'm really drawn to the game.

in some games there are noticeable differences though. in arkham asylum (and presumably the whole arkham series), in hard mode, you dont get the warning/notification to counter an attack, you have to gauge based on enemy movement. in TLOU, you lose listen mode, supplies are infrequent, and the AI is supposedly better.

but if you're going to compare to bloodborne (and as you know, i haven't played it), wouldn't you say that your health relative to enemy health (or damage they can dish out) was one of the contributing factors to the difficulty of that game? if that's the case, i dont see why you'd compromise on that aspect for God of War
    Last edited by spurraider21; 02-18-2019 at 03:18 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Ratchet & Clank is best when you use all the weapons. Some of them are pretty ridiculous in a good way. I thought that game looked so stupid but apa kept hyping it here and he was absolutely right, that game is a blast. I hope we have another coming quick on PS5.
    i bought the pixel gun which is pretty funny. but the range on it is ass, it felt dumb dumping currency into that. the groovetron thing is hilarious. it even makes enemy tanks stop and dance . the last thing i bought was the buzz blades, and that just completely outclasses your starting semi auto thingy, so thats a purchase i havent regretted. but i have like 4-5 unpurchased weapons because i dont want to be short on bolts and have to farm by having boxes respawn

but this game is basically exactly what i was looking for. just some good stupid fun, more hit than miss comedy. just enough challenge to keep it compelling (at least on hard difficulty). great filler game in between some monster 30+ hour games. but with all these incredible 20-30+ hour games that have been coming out, i dont think i'd ever be able to justify dropping $60 on this type of game upon release. i got this one for free, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thats how they intended it for the mainstream audience which would also include gamers far less experienced/competent than you, though.

varies game to game... but yeah in same games its just a damage/health adjustment which is a pretty lazy way to implement difficulty, but still forces you to play more strategic/defensive instead of being some juggernaut who can just slay the full game. Veteran difficulty in COD games has always been a notorious abuser of this. you basically had to memorize every enemy position, all lines of sight. it takes away from the game imo. i imagine brutal/crushing difficulty in Uncharted is the same thing, so i dont bother with those unless i'm really drawn to the game.

in some games there are noticeable differences though. in arkham asylum (and presumably the whole arkham series), in hard mode, you dont get the warning/notification to counter an attack, you have to gauge based on enemy movement. in TLOU, you lose listen mode, supplies are infrequent, and the AI is supposedly better.

but if you're going to compare to bloodborne (and as you know, i haven't played it), wouldn't you say that your health relative to enemy health (or damage they can dish out) was one of the contributing factors to the difficulty of that game? if that's the case, i dont see why you'd compromise on that aspect for God of War
    From playing couple of hours it just seems like challenge mode enemies hit hard, standard mode they don't. Nothing special about difficulty settings. Either way the God of War combat seems like button mashing somewhat like the previous games. It's fun combat for sure but it is no way Bloodborne level. Bloodborne has a lot more risk/reward you need to factor in. For instance, do I want to dodge a lot and snipe with quick hits or do I want to do a much more dangerous parry/riposte that requires pinpoint timing? If I get hit hard do I run from cover and use one of my limited stash of potions, or do I try to counter to gain some health back? Do I dodge away? Do I dive towards an attack? In Bloodborne fighting multiple enemies at once is mostly a death sentence but God of War so far it's just roll until you get the enemies ahead of you, shield out to absorb their attack, and then wail away with a combo of light and heavy attacks as you juggle them through the air until the other guy attacks and it's turn towards him and block, then wail away.

It's a great game so far though. I can definitely see why it got so much GOTY hype. I never played the Arkham games so can't comment there, but like you said, TLOU is a completely different game on grounded vs normal, and a far superior one on grounded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From playing couple of hours it just seems like challenge mode enemies hit hard, standard mode they don't. Nothing special about difficulty settings. Either way the God of War combat seems like button mashing somewhat like the previous games. It's fun combat for sure but it is no way Bloodborne level. Bloodborne has a lot more risk/reward you need to factor in. For instance, do I want to dodge a lot and snipe with quick hits or do I want to do a much more dangerous parry/riposte that requires pinpoint timing? If I get hit hard do I run from cover and use one of my limited stash of potions, or do I try to counter to gain some health back? Do I dodge away? Do I dive towards an attack? In Bloodborne fighting multiple enemies at once is mostly a death sentence but God of War so far it's just roll until you get the enemies ahead of you, shield out to absorb their attack, and then wail away with a combo of light and heavy attacks as you juggle them through the air until the other guy attacks and it's turn towards him and block, then wail away.

It's a great game so far though. I can definitely see why it got so much GOTY hype. I never played the Arkham games so can't comment there, but like you said, TLOU is a completely different game on grounded vs normal, and a far superior one on grounded.
    https://segmentnext.com/2018/04/20/g...ettings-guide/

this outlines the actual differences from one level to the next. it looks like going from balanced to challenge is purely a damage input/output change whereas there seems to be some legitimate changes when you ramp up to god of war (in addition to more damage input/output stuff). its also more difficult to stun/stagger an enemy, from what ive read
    Last edited by spurraider21; 02-18-2019 at 09:13 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Challenging mode is the sweet spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Glad you like it. Its a fun stupid game. And as far Baselineb saying a ps5 release for a new game, i think they're done with ratchet and clank. They pretty much placed the weapon mechanics on spiderman and thats probably going to be their focus from now one.

Maybe a remake of an old tle is possible though.

You're just starting, but the combat in GOW is def very diverse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess Insomanic will move on from Ratchet and Clank the same way Nauhghty dog moved on from Jack and Daxter.

Both are profitable tles but very niche.

Just still crazy stupid that ratchet and clank sold at 49.99 and not fulll price. So many dumb and unifnished games now selling at 60.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad you like it. Its a fun stupid game. And as far Baselineb saying a ps5 release for a new game, i think they're done with ratchet and clank. They pretty much placed the weapon mechanics on spiderman and thats probably going to be their focus from now one.

Maybe a remake of an old tle is possible though.
    my understanding is that this one basically was a remake/reimagining of the original game. and i like how the game was very self aware of that. one of the characters when leaving the screen said "see ya in the next reboot!"... or the opening cinematic when the guy says they're making a game based on a movie based on his life, etc.

i will say that as a character, ratchet is very dull.

spider man was a masterpiece in its own right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my understanding is that this one basically was a remake/reimagining of the original game. and i like how the game was very self aware of that. one of the characters when leaving the screen said "see ya in the next reboot!"... or the opening cinematic when the guy says they're making a game based on a movie based on his life, etc.

i will say that as a character, ratchet is very dull.

spider man was a masterpiece in its own right.
    Yeah its a remake. Im saying in terms of new r&c tles...thats never going to happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess Insomanic will move on from Ratchet and Clank the same way Nauhghty dog moved on from Jack and Daxter.

Both are profitable tles but very niche.

Just still crazy stupid that ratchet and clank sold at 49.99 and not fulll price. So many dumb and unifnished games now selling at 60.
    i think at this point in gaming, i'd need a VERY compelling reason to pay $60 for a 10-15 hour linear game (current backlog notwithstanding)

Thread Information