Page 171 of 376 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221271 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 9381
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really? God of War's combat seemed pretty heavily inspired by the Souls games.
    i thought god of war's combat was more user-friendly with the runic attacks. kratos certainly felt more powerful than the hunter. but on the higher difficulty settings, you die way quicker on god of war than bloodborne. you also dont get 20 healing vials as kratos

but even then, spartan rage is an instant bailout which you dont have in bb. i can see the comp, but they still felt very different. the lack of shield/block in bloodborne is such an insane dynamic, meanwhile the shield is huge in god of war

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i thought god of war's combat was more user-friendly with the runic attacks. kratos certainly felt more powerful than the hunter. but on the higher difficulty settings, you die way quicker on god of war than bloodborne. you also dont get 20 healing vials as kratos

but even then, spartan rage is an instant bailout which you dont have in bb. i can see the comp, but they still felt very different. the lack of shield/block in bloodborne is such an insane dynamic, meanwhile the shield is huge in god of war
    The shield is a huge part of Souls games too though. Bloodborne is the only one in the series where you can't make effective use of shields. Though honestly I preferred Dark Souls 1 with an agile build, no armor, and no shield IIRC. Demon's Souls I definitely leaned on using shields.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The shield is a huge part of Souls games too though. Bloodborne is the only one in the series where you can't make effective use of shields. Though honestly I preferred Dark Souls 1 with an agile build, no armor, and no shield IIRC. Demon's Souls I definitely leaned on using shields.
    interesting. but i definitely take your point that god of war tried to model its combat off of soulsborne, but definitely in a more friendly or accessible way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still bought and plan to play Sekiro though because it looks unlike these aforementioned games despite having similar mechanics.
    It's really not the same at all.. Sekiro is all about blocking and parries. The posture system is nice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    interesting. but i definitely take your point that god of war tried to model its combat off of soulsborne, but definitely in a more friendly or accessible way.
    Yeah the Spartan Rage was a big bailout, though completely necessary for me when fighting Sigrun on Give Me a Challenge. The Souls games also have ranged combat like God of War, which is honestly something I'm glad they got rid of with Bloodborne. Demon's Souls has two optional bosses that look like they'd be such amazing fights but the only way to kill them is cheesing with arrows and/or magic. I really hope they fix that in the rumored Demons Souls remake for PS5. Though maybe you're not supposed to kill them?

Demon's Souls especially I couldn't get the timing down for parries. It seemed much harder to parry than in Bloodborne. But the backstab was much easier to execute in Demon's Souls IMO, especially when you could use your shield to circle around enemies.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Playing Halo: Reach on PC. So happy the entire MCC will finally be playable by the master race

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I honestly wish it wasn't. Part of it? Sure.

But dont make it such a vital tool that once you get the hand of it, the game becomes fairly easy.

I had to bump up the diffuculty midway becaus I became too powerful and enemies were a joke. Medium to hard.

The only instances where I felt the Shield were really needed was with the Valkyries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly wish it wasn't. Part of it? Sure.

But dont make it such a vital tool that once you get the hand of it, the game becomes fairly easy.

I had to bump up the diffuculty midway becaus I became too powerful and enemies were a joke. Medium to hard.

The only instances where I felt the Shield were really needed was with the Valkyries.
    well, if you play on higher difficulties way more of the attacks become unblockable. it was mostly useful when you were getting overrun by random draugr. was usually pretty useless in the big encounters and boss fights. it was very critical against vaklyries, and a lot of their attacks were basically impossible to dodge and you had to block. some you had to parry. others you had to dodge. so i think those were actually very well designed fights and made using the shield feel more strategic

if you played on give me god of war, or even give me a challenge, a good amount of the enemies could break through your shield. on give me god of war, any enraged enemy could deliver unblockables

its weird to complain about the easiness of a game when you admittedly didnt play on the more challenging settings

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well, if you play on higher difficulties way more of the attacks become unblockable. it was mostly useful when you were getting overrun by random draugr. was usually pretty useless in the big encounters and boss fights. it was very critical against vaklyries, and a lot of their attacks were basically impossible to dodge and you had to block. some you had to parry. others you had to dodge. so i think those were actually very well designed fights and made using the shield feel more strategic

if you played on give me god of war, or even give me a challenge, a good amount of the enemies could break through your shield. on give me god of war, any enraged enemy could deliver unblockables

its weird to complain about the easiness of a game when you admittedly didnt play on the more challenging settings
    I played on medium than hard.

The roll dodge/quick attack works just as well, if not better. I made more use of that than the shield. It requires lots of good timing and I found the quick roll was more effective on most enemies, including the valkyries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing The Outer Worlds... what Fallout shoulda been after Fallout 3, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing The Outer Worlds... what Fallout shoulda been after Fallout 3, tbh
    Did you not play the brilliant Fallout New Vegas?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Resident Evil 3 remake drops on PC, PS4, XB1 on April 3rd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    captial wasteland >>>>> boring ass mojave

the capital wasteland is the GOAT setting in a game that i can remember off the top of my head

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    captial wasteland >>>>> boring ass mojave
    I thought the whole Caesar storyline was pretty funny, especially when you go into that town where he's crucified everyone. And New Vegas was a pretty cool place. I found New Vegas a way more fun game, especially the The Old World Blues DLC as well as the one at Zion NP. I thought the New Vegas soundtrack fit the setting much better too.

the capital wasteland is the GOAT setting in a game that i can remember off the top of my head
    Gotta disagree there, GTA V has the GOAT setting IMO. God that place is such a blast to explore. First thing I did in the game is drive out to the Salton Sea and just start climbing mountains (only to get killed by a mountain lion the first time ). Harran in Dying Light is pretty cool to explore too. And then Skyrim and Cyrodiil (in Oblivion) were both amazing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought the whole Caesar storyline was pretty funny, especially when you go into that town where he's crucified everyone. And New Vegas was a pretty cool place. I found New Vegas a way more fun game, especially the The Old World Blues DLC as well as the one at Zion NP. I thought the New Vegas soundtrack fit the setting much better too.
    i know we've gone back and forth on this... i enjoyed new vegas, there were some moderate gameplay improvements from 3, but the atmosphere/setting in 3 was just way stronger imo.

Gotta disagree there, GTA V has the GOAT setting IMO. God that place is such a blast to explore. First thing I did in the game is drive out to the Salton Sea and just start climbing mountains (only to get killed by a mountain lion the first time ). Harran in Dying Light is pretty cool to explore too. And then Skyrim and Cyrodiil (in Oblivion) were both amazing.
    really? its just a lot of driving from place to place. and then you head to the mountains and god forbid your car breaks down because then you have to walk 20 minutes to the next road or just kill yourself with an explosve

GTA V is a truly remarkable game but the setting itself was just fine

i will also say the labs on portal 2... especially after the descent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i know we've gone back and forth on this... i enjoyed new vegas, there were some moderate gameplay improvements from 3, but the atmosphere/setting in 3 was just way stronger imo.

really? its just a lot of driving from place to place. and then you head to the mountains and god forbid your car breaks down because then you have to walk 20 minutes to the next road or just kill yourself with an explosve

GTA V is a truly remarkable game but the setting itself was just fine

i will also say the labs on portal 2... especially after the descent.
    I don't want your damn lemons!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't want your damn lemons!
    This potato only generates 1.1 volts of electricity. I literally do not have the energy to lie to you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the writing in that game is ing remarkable

"This is the part where he kills us"

" o, this is the part where I kill you"

"Chapter x - The Part Where He Kills You"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the writing in that game is ing remarkable

"This is the part where he kills us"

" o, this is the part where I kill you"

"Chapter x - The Part Where He Kills You"

ing Valve getting fat off being vampires to other developers from Steam instead of making sequels to Half Life and Portal. Valve and Bethesda both turning to is the biggest tragedy of this console gen.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Resident Evil 3 remake drops on PC, PS4, XB1 on April 3rd.
    Nice.

One of my favorite entry in the series. Definitely getting this.

I skipped the second game. Hopefully they work themselves up to the true GOAT RE4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice.

One of my favorite entry in the series. Definitely getting this.

I skipped the second game. Hopefully they work themselves up to the true GOAT RE4.
    man, the RE2 remake was incredible. And it was $15 for BF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How are they remaking RE4?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anybody play hearthstone? got into it a bit during law school then got bored of it. the new battlegrounds mode is pretty fun though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You know its coming

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t mean the expansions, New Vegas was great. I mean det other game that they made afterwards

Thread Information