Page 170 of 376 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270 ... LastLast
Results 4,226 to 4,250 of 9381
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get why apalisoc has such a hard on for sekiro. It's a good game for sure. But imo bloodborne and dark souls 3 are superior
    While one can argue bloodbrone and DS 3 are better game overall. Sekiro is a naked game. Very little in way of weapons, level up items, skill trees etc. I thought it was by far the strongest combat wise.

The biggest thing Sekiro has going is combat innovation. Just a completely different way of combat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah... even several months after playing through god of war (so recency bias has faded some), i think its the best game i've ever played. certainly king of this gen. lol xbox. i've already played through that game 3 times, and every now and again feel the itch to go back to it

i haven't played sekiro and nier yet, though i'm pretty sure i'll enjoy them. it will probably be a while before i get to those. i already had a pretty sizeable backlog even before buying all these games, and tbh i want to "earn" by way to sekiro by playing dark souls 1/2/3 first.

i otherwise agree that bloodborne is near the top. that game was a masterpiece as well, and i can see myself making another couple of play-throughs. i just wish the narrative was a bit stronger, rather than making me look up to understand the lore

cant really say the same about horizon. dont get me wrong, that game was also great in its own way and is one of the best i've played in that open world side quest mania genre, with a solid story. but i cant imagine getting the urge to make another play-through anytime soon. if i ever do, it would probably just be an NG+ run on ultra hard. i imagine i'll have the same general feeling about Days Gone. will be a fun play through, but not something i'd pick up and play again for a long time. tbh only rockstar games have had that appeal for me... i played GTAV/San Andreas/Vice City at least 3 times apiece.

otherwise, i think the batman games were all terrific, though arkham knight is the only one from this gen. spiderman was great.

red dead 2 is probably the strongest narrative i've ever encountered in a game. but much like horizon, firing up a new game of that would feel like a massive undertaking, but i'd sooner replay RDR2 than horizon. i wouldn't look forward to grinding materials through hunting all over again though

TLOU remastered is another game i'd love to go back to, to try it on grounded.

cant comment on the games i havent played yet, obviously.
    man Read dead 2 is so much time commitment

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just received by black friday order from bestbuy. er sent me NBA2k20 instead of nier automata

looked it up and 2k is actually more expensive ... still just gonna do the right then and get it swapped
    Eww.. 2k20.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    havent enjoyed a basketball video game since live 04

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You like baseball 21? I would've gone with the show 19. Their road to the show mode is perfect.

Series keeps getting better and better. they actually add relevant stuff instead of copy/pasting from year to year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn I wasn't much of a fan of Live 04 with that ridiculous hop step that turned everyone into TMac. Live 03 was my favorite 5on5 game since it was fast paced and arcade like, and then for simulation I really liked NBA 2k8 for being able to run pretty complex plays for the first time. 2k8 feels like the highpoint of the series though, ever since the additions have just been graphical improvements, roster updates, crap story modes, and microtransactions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't have patience with Sekiro. It's a good game, but it's constant grinding. There's a point where that grinding can become frustration because you don't feel you're actually improving with each iteration.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been enjoying 2k since Dreamcast and god damn it's not even playable anymore. Feels like I'm in the Groundhogs Day movie with that game. It's ing slow as now, and although you can boost up the speed, you can't stop the ty hesitation when players switch into their layup moves.. it's garbage

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't have patience with Sekiro. It's a good game, but it's constant grinding. There's a point where that grinding can become frustration because you don't feel you're actually improving with each iteration.
    GrInding? I dont think I even attempted to level up in sekiro past hirata..

Were you dodging?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GrInding? I dont think I even attempted to level up in sekiro past hirata..

Were you dodging?
    I could never get past that Lady Butterfly early in the game. I must've died 100000 times. I mean, I finish about 99% of the games I play, but that went from mildly difficult to this .

Just stopped being enjoyable at some point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I should mention games like Dark Souls, etc, are not my kind of games though...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is where I stand as well.

These type of games aren't even fun to watch either. Extremely hard does not equal good.

The Dark Souls and Demon Souls games seems to be all about abusing the player and most people love it for some reason. Give me a hard game with a story to go alone with and I'm in.

Still bought and plan to play Sekiro though because it looks unlike these aforementioned games despite having similar mechanics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really? God of War's combat seemed pretty heavily inspired by the Souls games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

These type of games aren't even fun to watch either. Extremely hard does not equal good.

The Dark Souls and demon Souls games seems to be all about abusing the player and most people love it for some reason. Give me a hard game with a story to go alone with and I'm in.

Still bought and planned to play Sekiro though because it looks unlike these aforementioned games despite having similar mechanics.
    The reason I love Bloodborne is the control feels so intuitive and responsive. I died a lot in the game but never felt it was because I wanted to do something but couldn't. Japan Studio always says they designed Bloodborne to give the player a sense of accomplishment, like what you'd get in the NES days when you'd beat Ninja Gaiden or Mega Man. But unlike those games Bloodborne was never cheap, I'd never feel a death was unfair in Bloodborne like I often would in those two series. It's interesting to try to come up with strategies against difficult bosses and then to have to try to actually execute them in real time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could never get past that Lady Butterfly early in the game. I must've died 100000 times. I mean, I finish about 99% of the games I play, but that went from mildly difficult to this .

Just stopped being enjoyable at some point.
    You gave up. With Sekiro once you get its unique parry system. Its game over for everyone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Dark Souls and Demon Souls games seems to be all about abusing the player and most people love it for some reason. Give me a hard game with a story to go alone with and I'm in.

Still bought and plan to play Sekiro though because it looks unlike these aforementioned games despite having similar mechanics.
    lol at sekiro having similar mechanics.

Sekiro is a completely different game. Souls games are slow and tons of cheap butt swipes...

Bloodborne combat is awesome...But sekiro is awesome and stylistic.

Sekiro combat..Its like you are watching a sword fight in a movie. its that stylistic. Hearing those parries..when swords clash

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol at sekiro having similar mechanics.

Sekiro is a completely different game. Souls games are slow and tons of cheap butt swipes...

Bloodborne combat is awesome...But sekiro is awesome and stylistic.

Sekiro combat..Its like you are watching a sword fight in a movie. its that stylistic. Hearing those parries..when swords clash
    I'm talking about control wise. Obviously what makes Sekiro unique is the parry and counter system which ends a fight in a move or two. That's why I thought the game set itself apart from the others I've seen and why I bought it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    killing bossess when their health bar is still full...

best feeling in video games ever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really? God of War's combat seemed pretty heavily inspired by the Souls games.
    But for the story is was way easier and enjoyable. The only true grinders were the valkyries, with the last one being the one you couldn't make more than 2-3 mistakes.

I can take a battle like that, but the whole game? Just not my cup of tea, tbh... I don't point fingers to players that like heavy tactics in combat, just not my thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You gave up. With Sekiro once you get its unique parry system. Its game over for everyone
    I'm more of a tank player, that's normally how I level up my characters. I don't mind dodging, but blocking def not my thing. But the annoying part was that I couldn't do enough damage, and after X iterations I wasn't doing any better.

It's me, not the game, I get that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But for the story is was way easier and enjoyable. The only true grinders were the valkyries, with the last one being the one you couldn't make more than 2-3 mistakes.

I can take a battle like that, but the whole game? Just not my cup of tea, tbh... I don't point fingers to players that like heavy tactics in combat, just not my thing.
    sekiro definity requires heavy combat tactics. Cant disagree with that.

I think I had to map out the last boss perfectly to beat him and it still took 8 hrs or so in about two weeks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm more of a tank player, that's normally how I level up my characters. I don't mind dodging, but blocking def not my thing. But the annoying part was that I couldn't do enough damage, and after X iterations I wasn't doing any better.

Not gonna disagree with Sekiro lack of focus on damage.

Sekiro is almost naked in the damage/buff up rpg elements.

I underatand why people dislike it..And from what Im getting 95% of people who dislike it have the same reason.

Its way heavy on acquiring skills instead of improving the character..I mean the skill tree is the most important thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LOL I'm the opposite. In Dark Souls my character would always be in robes to have more agility instead of armor to withstand more hits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL I'm the opposite. In Dark Souls my character would always be in robes to have more agility instead of armor to withstand more hits.
    i worry about you man. Your dark souls and Bloodborne history tells me you would hate sekiro.

Sekiro heavily discourages dodging and waiting. It wants you to constantly be on the attack. Constantly being active. Either Parry or attacking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i worry about you man. Your dark souls and Bloodborne history tells me you would hate sekiro.

Sekiro heavily discourages dodging and waiting. It wants you to constantly be on the attack. Constantly being active. Either Parry or attacking.
    Sounds more like Bloodborne than Dark Souls then. I play Bloodborne pretty aggressively since the health leech system makes any other play style stupid in it.

Thread Information