Page 307 of 376 FirstFirst ... 207257297303304305306307308309310311317357 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,675 of 9386
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well there you go Reck. FFVIIR Intergrade PS5 physical for $20. You ain't gonna get it cheaper than that, so jump fast before this price changes.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Final-Fan...4861/830012324
    They must have made a mistake. Shows up as a 70 dollar game to me. Yikes

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They must have made a mistake. Shows up as a 70 dollar game to me. Yikes
    Looks like it. Site still showing $20 for me but wouldn't let me add it to the cart.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, just cancelled my Dying Light 2 preorder after seeing how broken the game is in IGN's review.

I'll have to revisit in a few months when hopefully the crippling bugs and performance issues are fixed, but not paying full price to play something broken now.

Also hate the idea of missions basically being on a timer where you turn into a zombie if you don't get back to your UV light on time. Sounds like such a stupid game mechanic and I hate being rushed all the time in an open world game. God damn, and I loved the first game so much but this looks so disappointing.
    Ehh...can't say im completely surprised but that isn't a killer for me. Though I will say the choices basically not being meaningful as they led on the entire time is a huge letdown

I already pre-ordered it for my series X so I'll be the guinea pig for this one hopefully I get lucky like with CP2077 and I don't get ed by bugs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ehh...can't say im completely surprised but that isn't a killer for me. Though I will say the choices basically not being meaningful as they led on the entire time is a huge letdown

I already pre-ordered it for my series X so I'll be the guinea pig for this one hopefully I get lucky like with CP2077 and I don't get ed by bugs
    Also disappointing this is only running 1080p 60fps in performance mode on both PS5 and Series X.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finished Super Metroid. It definitely got better later on, just got a bit frustrated with the grapple beam section. I don't know, it's somewhere on the border of B-Tier and A-Tier for me. Pretty good but not a top 5, maybe not top 10 game on the SNES for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man. Why do game developers have to take out that everyone enjoyed from the first game

apparently you can repair weapons but only certain weapons (purple or orange tier) and it has to have a mod slot on it.

the early reviews are worrying but iirc the early reviews of the first DL werent that great either. just gonna hold out hope now i guess

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man. Why do game developers have to take out that everyone enjoyed from the first game

apparently you can repair weapons but only certain weapons (purple or orange tier) and it has to have a mod slot on it.

the early reviews are worrying but iirc the early reviews of the first DL werent that great either. just gonna hold out hope now i guess
    IDK man, Dying Light 1 got an 8.5 from IGN and that game was ing awesome at launch. Since you bought it already, if you really want to play it just preload it now and set your console's region to New Zealand once it's done, which will unlock the game. All the XBox gamers on the Dying Light reddit are doing that .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IDK man, Dying Light 1 got an 8.5 from IGN and that game was ing awesome at launch. Since you bought it already, if you really want to play it just preload it now and set your console's region to New Zealand once it's done, which will unlock the game. All the XBox gamers on the Dying Light reddit are doing that .
    I got work for another hour. I think I read it can be played starting at 6pm CDT so if the Spurs are getting their asses handed to them I'll probably fire it up. I'll definitely post some thoughts this weekend

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn where do you guys find the time to play all those games lol

Or maybe you're just super efficient

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got work for another hour. I think I read it can be played starting at 6pm CDT so if the Spurs are getting their asses handed to them I'll probably fire it up. I'll definitely post some thoughts this weekend
    So first thoughts on it so far?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn where do you guys find the time to play all those games lol

Or maybe you're just super efficient
    i dont have any kids yet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So first thoughts on it so far?
    I'm maybe 2-3 hours in so hard to comment on a lot of the issues you mentioned before but so far, it's solid. Obvious graphical improvements though definitely nothing mind blowing. parkour is awesome as always, they have added some additional features to try and emphasize parkour combat. Storys ok thus far but again i'm not very far in. enjoyed the bit of traversing i did, experienced the familiar dread of being chased at night by a volatile. combat seems typical, though combat against humans seems a little easier than previous game as there is now a timed parry mechanic that stuns human enemies momentarily

one thing that annoyed me early is forced combat tutorials - where the game forces you to execute a certain move 3 times before moving on. not a big deal but just kind of a pet peeve of mine. the timer thing seems like it only matters at night, so during day time exploration it's not an issue at all. So far so good

i should be able to get a solid chunk of playing time in tonight and probably tomorrow so if the game does suck i'm sure i'll find out soon enough

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one thing that annoyed me early is forced combat tutorials - where the game forces you to execute a certain move 3 times before moving on. not a big deal but just kind of a pet peeve of mine.
    LOL Yakuza 6 did the same . I was thinking mother er, I played the previous six games, I know how combat works in this one too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont have any kids yet
    lol neither do I , still can’t find the time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm maybe 2-3 hours in so hard to comment on a lot of the issues you mentioned before but so far, it's solid. Obvious graphical improvements though definitely nothing mind blowing. parkour is awesome as always, they have added some additional features to try and emphasize parkour combat. Storys ok thus far but again i'm not very far in. enjoyed the bit of traversing i did, experienced the familiar dread of being chased at night by a volatile. combat seems typical, though combat against humans seems a little easier than previous game as there is now a timed parry mechanic that stuns human enemies momentarily

one thing that annoyed me early is forced combat tutorials - where the game forces you to execute a certain move 3 times before moving on. not a big deal but just kind of a pet peeve of mine. the timer thing seems like it only matters at night, so during day time exploration it's not an issue at all. So far so good

i should be able to get a solid chunk of playing time in tonight and probably tomorrow so if the game does suck i'm sure i'll find out soon enough
    How is the frame rate vs the original

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It murders gpus. Here is gamegpu.ru's benchmark area for it

At 1080p high with no RT they only have a 1070 pulling 43 fps average and even a 2060 Super only gets to 58 fps.

https://gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-t...n-test-gpu-cpu

I'm personally not buying until it hits $30 since it only runs 1080p60 on PS5, which is ridiculous since PS5 has around a 2070 Super level gpu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With a 1060 Digital Foundry had to cut settings to the bone and cut resolution to between 768p and 900p to get a steady 60 fps in the beginning of the game. The optimization is horrible. They discuss the 1060 and RX 580 at around the 23:30 mark:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got this one for my series X so can't compare it on my PC but there are three graphics modes, and one has a fairly stable 60fps lock in 1080p. the others are 30fps but one has ray tracing and i think the other is supposed to be a near 4k resolution.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Enjoying the out of Dying Light 2 so far tbh. story is a bit wonky but the gameplay is just so enjoyable. the immunity thing hasn't been much of an issue thus far. there are plenty of UV shrooms laying around that boost your immunity time so i havent even come close to turning yet. Playing on hard but hasn't been overly difficult but the game does like throwing a lot of human enemies at you at once.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Looks interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Looks interesting.
    LOL game already leaked for PoorC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got this one for my series X so can't compare it on my PC but there are three graphics modes, and one has a fairly stable 60fps lock in 1080p. the others are 30fps but one has ray tracing and i think the other is supposed to be a near 4k resolution.
    Better have a hefty gpu if you want to compare on PC. GTX 1080 can't even lock to 1080p50 on high settings much less 1080p60.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Looks interesting.
    It's pretty good, but damn it's quite a bit tougher than Sekiro IMO. Sometimes I feel like I'm just running around the map to get away from large groups and snipe a hit or two once I can separate someone for a couple of seconds, but that has downsides too because if you don't finish with strong combos you don't get any chance to replenish health. The only way you get health back is doing combos that allow you to do finishing moves on enemies.

Kind of not sure what I think of it so far. The combat is fun though the dodges are hard to execute IMO and the parry timing is very unforgiving. Parry timing was tough in Sekiro too but the dodging where you have to hold R1 and then move the thumbstick anticipating the direction of attack has been pretty hard to get used to for me.

I think I'd like this game more with standard checkpoints instead of requiring you to make long runs of complete levels. Can't say I'm a fan of roguelike game design after starting this, which also makes me think I wouldn't be much of a fan of Returnal. It's addicting though, prob just need to git gud.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 02-07-2022 at 09:36 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK now that I'm getting better with the weave mechanic was able to beat the first boss in Sifu, though at age 43. Wish they'd put a FOV slider in, the FOV is narrow and makes stealth difficult.

Thread Information