Page 329 of 376 FirstFirst ... 229279319325326327328329330331332333339 ... LastLast
Results 8,201 to 8,225 of 9381
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You ever delve into the emulator realm of programming before? Pretty rad how much you know about programming El.
    I was one of the programmers in the very early, original MAME team.

Always loved emulation, done it both for fun and professionally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was one of the programmers in the very early, original MAME team.

Always loved emulation, done it both for fun and professionally.
    ing isane! That's rad El.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know about that. Not saying it's easy, but you would really want all the SPE's to run on the GPU. It was something I really wanted to tackle at some point, but it didn't happen.
    You don't think it would take Sony years to develop something that can top RPCS3? I'm pretty impressed nearly 68% of the library runs well on 6c/12t Intel chips from the Skylake gen and newer in RPCS3. You think they'll hit a bottleneck though emulating on cpu instead of gpu? Is that a logical step for them to make for performance once they're pretty satisfied they're emulating the system accurately?
    Last edited by baseline bum; 06-18-2022 at 08:14 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know about that. Not saying it's easy, but you would really want all the SPE's to run on the GPU. It was something I really wanted to tackle at some point, but it didn't happen.
    Speaking of emulation, have you followed MiSTer fpga at all lately? Can't believe they're running PS1 in fpga right now. Dude who wrote the PS1 core said he did a software emulator focusing entirely on accuracy and said he'd need a modern processor clocked at something like 9 to 11 GHz to get it to run full speed in software.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PSN premium already running into walls. Apparently a bunch of PS1 classics such as Siphon Filter are not getting downloaded because of copyright issues so they’re just vanishing from the store.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PSN premium already running into walls. Apparently a bunch of PS1 classics such as Siphon Filter are not getting downloaded because of copyright issues so they’re just vanishing from the store.
    Wish Playstation would bring all those PS2 Classics I bought on my PS3 to PS5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't think it would take Sony years to develop something that can top RPCS3? I'm pretty impressed nearly 68% of the library runs well on 6c/12t Intel chips from the Skylake gen and newer in RPCS3. You think they'll hit a bottleneck though emulating on cpu instead of gpu? Is that a logical step for them to make for performance once they're pretty satisfied they're emulating the system accurately?
    I'm not sure, it really depends which team at Sony decides to tackle it. Sony knows every corner of the hardware and software of the PS3, something the RPCS3 team didn't really have (they probably had access to the SDK, but not the source of the BIOS and OS).

Japan did the PSP on PS3 emu and the PS1 on PSP, and those were built with that knowledge. On the other hand, back when I was involved in that, we had to write the PSP and PS1 emus from scratch without that info.

Speaking of emulation, have you followed MiSTer fpga at all lately? Can't believe they're running PS1 in fpga right now. Dude who wrote the PS1 core said he did a software emulator focusing entirely on accuracy and said he'd need a modern processor clocked at something like 9 to 11 GHz to get it to run full speed in software.
    No, I've been wanting to buy one, also for the Amiga emulation. On the PS1, that sounds like bull to be honest, especially with multicore processors. He might be great with VHDL, but maybe not that great with software emus.

I have some authority to talk about that. Here's a bit of trivia: the PS1 emu shipping games for Playstation Plus Premium is neither the PS1 on PSP emu nor the PS1 mini emu. It's an evolution of the PS1 emu that was originally written and included as an easter egg with MediEvil PS4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This should be fixed by now. It was a technical problem, AFAIK.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ghost of Tsushima is SO GOOD, it's like a combination of the greatest games: RDR2, Assassins Creed, Skyrim, Nioh. I just need to master the parry system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ghost of Tsushima is SO GOOD, it's like a combination of the greatest games: RDR2, Assassins Creed, Skyrim, Nioh. I just need to master the parry system.
    Definitely lives up to the hype, though I prefer going loud and challenging everyone to doing the stealth which feels like an old AC game. Still, I know everyone has been begging for Ubisoft to do an AC game in Japan and Sucker Punch beat them to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely lives up to the hype, though I prefer going loud and challenging everyone to doing the stealth which feels like an old AC game. Still, I know everyone has been begging for Ubisoft to do an AC game in Japan and Sucker Punch beat them to it.
    The graphics are literally unbelievable. I prefer the challenge system as well just for the awesome animation and the mini game is fun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Splitting time between two games. Playing Sekiro when I'm sick of reading Japanese in Dragon Quest 3 and playing Dragon Quest 3 when I'm sick of dying in Sekiro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The sequel needs more Yuna. Make her a playable character.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they are smart they will take their time like Rockstar did with RDR2. Make it epic.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ElNono what’s the thinking behind the price of The Last Of Us 1 remake being 70 dollars?

Money grubbing at its finest right there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ElNono what’s the thinking behind the price of The Last Of Us 1 remake being 70 dollars?

Money grubbing at its finest right there.
    I know, and I feel the same way, tbh. I'm with you it's a money grab.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man I have been playing the Super Famicom remake of Dragon Quest 3 in Japanese, and it's littered with all kinds of dirty jokes. Like the town in the game famous for its cabaret show is called アッサラーム, which sounds a lot like Ass Ram. Or you pay a girl for a puff puff, she takes you into a dark room in her house, and then you find out it's her fat dad rubbing his s all over your face when the lights come on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's an evolution of the PS1 emu that was originally written and included as an easter egg with MediEvil PS4.
    Should've just used...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should've just used...

I remember that. I don't recall if Sony sued them too or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure but I bought that back in the late 90's from Electronic Boutique and played THPS on my PC with it at the time. I also ed up a PS1 trying to mod it from EB and then returned it to Walmart instead and got a full refund! Those were the days...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That box for Bleem was huge and only had the cd in it and a small piece of paper for install instructions. Huge box for almost nothing at all... Same as Amazon these days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just got my Steam deck, and revisiting Mass Effect to test it out. Damn I'm happy right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sony sued and lost.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure but I bought that back in the late 90's from Electronic Boutique and played THPS on my PC with it at the time. I also ed up a PS1 trying to mod it from EB and then returned it to Walmart instead and got a full refund! Those were the days...
    Did Bleem work well for you? Don't know why I never tried it, as I had a pretty decent PC for the time back then. Thankfully THPS2 got a native PC port that was awesome, looked way better than PS1 or N64 versions. But no PC port for the first one.

Thread Information