Page 184 of 376 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,600 of 9381
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you said the same thing about bloodborne items being cosmetic
    That's because they were when it came to armor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    from ing around with equipment i've figured out there's basically 3 different "stages" of agility. i recently said it and starting using some heavier gear where i'm in that middle tier. i just got out of blighttown and rang the second bell
    What do you mean? The three stages of rolling? Light roll, medium roll and fat roll?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you mean? The three stages of rolling? Light roll, medium roll and fat roll?
    i guess if those are the official terms. ive tried not looking up as much stuff as possible. only thing i did look up was to take the master key as the starting item

its been a lot of trial and error. i was getting my pushed in by the skeleton dudes right next to firelink at the start of the game, till i realized that its not where i needed to go. also took me a good 30 minutes trying to figure out where i was supposed to go next after ringing the first bell (the door opened with the "basement key" at the end of the bridge with the dragon)
    Last edited by spurraider21; 02-09-2020 at 10:27 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing Witcher 3 since they ported it for Switch.

Great game but very much like Breath of the Wild. I think I like the story development better in BOW but I've only just started W3. I also liked the puzzle aspect of BOW in general and with all of the shrines. And the ability to fly and climb.
    But the combat is wayyyyyy better in Witcher. In BOW, I'd end up just avoiding hand to hand combat because it sucked. In W3, I find myself looking for more confrontations.

Was thinking it was kind of small at first. But then started the 2nd main quest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Great game but very much like Breath of the Wild. I think I like the story development better in BOW but I've only just started W3. I also liked the puzzle aspect of BOW in general and with all of the shrines. And the ability to fly and climb.
    But the combat is wayyyyyy better in Witcher. In BOW, I'd end up just avoiding hand to hand combat because it sucked. In W3, I find myself looking for more confrontations.

Was thinking it was kind of small at first. But then started the 2nd main quest.
    i haven't played witcher 3 yet, though i have the complete edition in my backlog... but from everything i've heard about it "small" would be a laughable way to describe it.

meanwhile, dark souls is ing massive as well. but very different types of games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You gotta be the only person I have ever heard compliment the story of BOTW man. About the only thing I could be interested by in that story was how Zelda boned Mipha back when they were a thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i guess if those are the official terms. ive tried not looking up as much stuff as possible. only thing i did look up was to take the master key as the starting item

its been a lot of trial and error. i was getting my pushed in by the skeleton dudes right next to firelink at the start of the game, till i realized that its not where i needed to go. also took me a good 30 minutes trying to figure out where i was supposed to go next after ringing the first bell (the door opened with the "basement key" at the end of the bridge with the dragon)
    Yeah one of the fun elements of Dark Souls that would be taken away is the exploration and trial and errors part of it if you were googling stuff. Good to hear you're not doing it

What kind of build are you using for this run through? Most people play their first run-through as strength, vitality and endurance focused which is understandable for this type of game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah one of the fun elements of Dark Souls that would be taken away is the exploration and trial and errors part of it if you were googling stuff. Good to hear you're not doing it

What kind of build are you using for this run through? Most people play their first run-through as strength, vitality and endurance focused which is understandable for this type of game.
    yeah... strength/vitality/endurance . i did the same on bloodborne. its more satisfying swinging a big- weapon for massive damage than a lot of little pokes, or magic/spells, imo. in bloodborne i chose the hunter axe and used that weapon the whole way. black knight sword is nice. theres also the black knight greatsword which is even bigger... might toy around with that too

the first black knight i killed dropped the black knight sword which required something like 16 or 18 dexterity on top of good strength, so i had to put some points into that too. otherwise its been a lot of endurance/vit. i have it up to +4 now. only thing that sucks is that for whatever reason i cant use the buff resin things on it... doesnt appear compatible with those things. after i've cleared an area, i have looked back at some videos to see what i missed, though. like bull illusory walls

one thing i keep forgetting is to 2-hand my weapon. i got so used to the bloodborne switch-weapons, and i keep forgetting that 2-handing a weapon is effectively the same mechanic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You gotta be the only person I have ever heard compliment the story of BOTW man. About the only thing I could be interested by in that story was how Zelda boned Mipha back when they were a thing.
    I guess I didn't mean the story itself but the way it plays out during the game if that makes sense. How the map lays out and having to take out the 4 Divine Beasts and how it progresses. The different characters relative to each area they lived, etc. I also liked having to locate the different areas to capture the pictures.

That being said, I just finished the first quest and the second portion looks to have a load more to do.

I don't really care too much (in most games) what the actual story is as told during the background. That was one frustration with BOW in that you couldn't skip in many parts and you had long scenes to wait through. Witcher does a good job of letting you skip to end of each dialog portion and just speed read what they're talking about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i haven't played witcher 3 yet, though i have the complete edition in my backlog... but from everything i've heard about it "small" would be a laughable way to describe it.

meanwhile, dark souls is ing massive as well. but very different types of games.
    Yeah...it's not small. I based that while playing the first map. Not a ton of side quests. But the second quest has 4 different lands (I think). And just the one map I'm on now is huge. By itself, it looks almost as large as the whole BOW world.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Yeah...it's not small. I based that while playing the first map. Not a ton of side quests. But the second quest has 4 different lands (I think). And just the one map I'm on now is huge. By itself, it looks almost as large as the whole BOW world.
    The first part in white orchard is literally a tutorial, you are just barely getting your feet wet in the main game. add in Toussiant in the DLC and Witcher 3 is massive in terms of both places to explore and amount of quests to undertake/things to collect/monsters to kill. BoW is like a child's version of Witcher 3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The first part in white orchard is literally a tutorial, you are just barely getting your feet wet in the main game. add in Toussiant in the DLC and Witcher 3 is massive in terms of both places to explore and amount of quests to undertake/things to collect/monsters to kill. BoW is like a child's version of Witcher 3
    One thing I hate about both is having to collect . Especially plants. I don't know if I should stop and get everything I see or just the ones that I happen to walk directly across. Plus, without knowing what I'm going to need to make, I collect every single piece of loot I see. Broken bottles, ashes...I have 8 rope ladders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus, where's all the naked hotties?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one thing i've enjoyed about the limited soulsborne experience i have is that the worlds are huge, but also interconnected. there's a lot of verticality to the world design. you feel like you're in this totally new area far away from where you started, and next thing you know you unlock an elevator that brings you right back where you started. everything ties in together.

whereas some games like fallout, horizon, red dead have big worlds, but when they add more space, its kind of like "oh... just go EVEN farther west"

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    One thing I hate about both is having to collect . Especially plants. I don't know if I should stop and get everything I see or just the ones that I happen to walk directly across. Plus, without knowing what I'm going to need to make, I collect every single piece of loot I see. Broken bottles, ashes...I have 8 rope ladders.
    none of that is important. you can pick a lot of random up which i used to do in the beginning of the game just to sell since its hard to come across coin when youre a noob. but really unless you need the ingredients for a potion which you only ever need against really powerful monsters or to improve your armor, you dont really need to pick up anything laying around. rope ladders, broken bottles, ashes, etc. thats all garbage. shovels, pick axe, etc. all garbage also. unless its in a shiny chest its probably crap anyway

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i will say the worst part of FromSoftware games is when they try to make you platform or walk across tightropes, when the game doesnt really do a good job with such precise movement controls

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    none of that is important. you can pick a lot of random up which i used to do in the beginning of the game just to sell since its hard to come across coin when youre a noob. but really unless you need the ingredients for a potion which you only ever need against really powerful monsters or to improve your armor, you dont really need to pick up anything laying around. rope ladders, broken bottles, ashes, etc. thats all garbage. shovels, pick axe, etc. all garbage also. unless its in a shiny chest its probably crap anyway
    Thanks my . I was worried that somewhere I was not going to be able to make some magic if I didn't have that extra piece of wire and a broken bottle. I bet I have spent a couple of hours using my witcher sense to find every damn burlap sack in the world.

What about old swords off of dead bodies? Just sell them?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one thing i've enjoyed about the limited soulsborne experience i have is that the worlds are huge, but also interconnected. there's a lot of verticality to the world design. you feel like you're in this totally new area far away from where you started, and next thing you know you unlock an elevator that brings you right back where you started. everything ties in together.

whereas some games like fallout, horizon, red dead have big worlds, but when they add more space, its kind of like "oh... just go EVEN farther west"
    I hear you. I don't know where Witcher will fall in that group.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i will say the worst part of FromSoftware games is when they try to make you platform or walk across tightropes, when the game doesnt really do a good job with such precise movement controls
    Boy you'll really hate one of the stages in Nioh then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus, where's all the naked hotties?
    Go to the houses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boy you'll really hate one of the stages in Nioh then.
    that ones pretty far down my backlog, but thanks for the heads up

i dont inherently dislike platforming, but the control schemes just dont seem compatible with that gameplay element

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that ones pretty far down my backlog, but thanks for the heads up

i dont inherently dislike platforming, but the control schemes just dont seem compatible with that gameplay element
    There is one infuriating stage in Nioh filled with holes (including the boss fight). Still a pretty good game though. It's no Dark Souls, but worth playing for the $10 or so it often sells for now.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Thanks my . I was worried that somewhere I was not going to be able to make some magic if I didn't have that extra piece of wire and a broken bottle. I bet I have spent a couple of hours using my witcher sense to find every damn burlap sack in the world.

What about old swords off of dead bodies? Just sell them?

and yeah, i usually just take the swords to sell them. armor too. at a certain point you probably wont really need to do that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just took a quick break from the Witcher to play Turing Test. If you liked Portal 2, it's similar. Not as good but still excellent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just unlocked the fast travel feature after beating the double bosses.

Thank god theres fast travel

also the giant blacksmith sells the material used to upgrade my black knight sword... so i grinded that region a bit and got it up to +5

Thread Information