Page 139 of 376 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 9381
    what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    ..and the Bloody Baron is one of the best questlines I've ever played
    i think the gaunter o'dimm quest line is the best one in Witcher 3 but the baron's is up there

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing Witcher 3 again. Only thing that sucks about being in the beginning is I'm weak af and don't have any money. but haven't even got to oxenfurt or novigrad yet so it's still early. Still working on the baron quest
    Anytime I restart a game, especially a big open world game, I'm always surprised by how hard it is in the beginning again when you have no cash or weapons. It's ironic that being a newbie is often the most challenging experience in a game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If i buy a 12 month PS+ key today, can i choose to activate it ima few months and have a full year from that point? Is there a limit to when I’d have to redeem it buy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm playing Yakuza 0. You all were right this game is so underrated. GTA should learn and add side quests like in Yakuza. I spent all last night ing around at the cabaret giving makeovers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's ironic that being a newbie is often the most challenging experience in a game.
    How the is that “ironic”?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because I generally expect difficulty levels to ramp up with experience and skills increasing. Most games do at least attempt to scale this way, but still seem hardest in the beginning to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ironic is Avante saying to shoot sick pedos in the head when he's one of them, tbh..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If i buy a 12 month PS+ key today, can i choose to activate it ima few months and have a full year from that point? Is there a limit to when I’d have to redeem it buy?
    Technically yes. When you make the purchase you have to redeem the code yourself and that's when it gets activated. The question is, how long can you wait before it expires.

I think most games and Sony product gives you up to a year before they expire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Technically yes. When you make the purchase you have to redeem the code yourself and that's when it gets activated. The question is, how long can you wait before it expires.

I think most games and Sony product gives you up to a year before they expire.
    In seeing some of those $40 for full year promos but don’t think im gonna need it for quite some time. Was planning to just sit on it indefinitely

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because I generally expect difficulty levels to ramp up with experience and skills increasing. Most games do at least attempt to scale this way, but still seem hardest in the beginning to me.
    I guess that makes sense but you had just outlined all the reasons why it can be hard. But really...if you really do find the early stages really difficult, then you probably suck at video games. Which isn’t ironic considering your age.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fuuuuuuccck, my GTX 970 crapped out today and there isn't a single gpu I'm interested in right now with how overpriced they are and with a new console gen coming next year. Prob just buy a crap $50 GT 710 (since my cpu doesn't have an igpu) and game on strictly console until we get some decent gpus that will be enough to run next gen like Cybrpunk 2077.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “master race”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fuuuuuuccck, my GTX 970 crapped out today and there isn't a single gpu I'm interested in right now with how overpriced they are and with a new console gen coming next year. Prob just buy a crap $50 GT 710 (since my cpu doesn't have an igpu) and game on strictly console until we get some decent gpus that will be enough to run next gen like Cybrpunk 2077.
    Today's Chinese manufacturing (on a related note, the HDMI port crapped out on my Dell U27 2560x1440. Top of the line IPS panel back in '11. 799.99)

21 year old Voodoo 3 3000 still going strong (and on another related note, all my 20-25 year old are CRTs going strong, as well).

But, I too, have a 970. Gigabyte. We'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Today's Chinese manufacturing (on a related note, the HDMI port crapped out on my Dell U27 2560x1440. Top of the line IPS panel back in '11. 799.99)

21 year old Voodoo 3 3000 still going strong (and on another related note, all my 20-25 year old are CRTs going strong, as well).

But, I too, have a 970. Gigabyte. We'll see.
    Blech I have a ing GeForce 8400GS in my now. Oh man Spurstalk at 1080p is this card's limit

Oh well the ing 970 gave me about 4.5 years. I absolutely refuse to buy Turing with how Nvidia jacked the price up to ridiculous levels the last couple of gens:

high end went from $650 to $700 to $1200
    upper midrange from $330 to $450 to $700
    lower midrange from $200 to $300 to $350

Unless Navi is something really special I'm waiting for next gen consoles to lay a baseline for what I need out of my next gpu. I know anything I buy this year is going to be outdated as in a year or two unless I buy something super overpriced like RTX 2070.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blech I have a ing GeForce 8400GS in my now. Oh man Spurstalk at 1080p is this card's limit

Oh well the ing 970 gave me about 4.5 years. I absolutely refuse to buy Turing with how Nvidia jacked the price up to ridiculous levels the last couple of gens:

Unless Navi is something really special I'm waiting for next gen consoles to lay a baseline for what I need out of my next gpu. I know anything I buy this year is going to be outdated as in a year or two unless I buy something super overpriced like RTX 2070.
    Wonder how Lord Trump's tariffs will impact prices? And I don't see Navi being anything special. Moore's Law has pretty much flatlined. We don't have the same kind of performance leaps from gen-to-gen anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just means moar jrpgs on my PS4 tbh. If that died out I would have gone and bought another one in about an hour.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder how Lord Trump's tariffs will impact prices? And I don't see Navi being anything special. Moore's Law has pretty much flatlined. We don't have the same kind of performance leaps from gen-to-gen anymore.
    The performance jumps are there. It's just Nvidia has such market dominance right now the prices jump along with the performance. The death of AMD in the gpu market has really ed PC gaming over. I can't imagine spending $700 on a ing gpu. With how much of a failure Vega 7 was on 7nm I'm definitely concerned about Navi being another turd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The performance jumps are there. It's just Nvidia has such market dominance right now the prices jump along with the performance. The death of AMD in the gpu market has really ed PC gaming over. I can't imagine spending $700 on a ing gpu. With how much of a failure Vega 7 was on 7nm I'm definitely concerned about Navi being another turd.
    I'm probably thinking more in a past context when a new GPU launched a year later would basically make the older GPU unusable in comparison. I don't even see the point in upgrading to a 2080 ti if I had 1080 ti, as the 2080 is only about 10-15 percent faster. That's why I've been slow to upgrade the old 970. I don't game at 4K, and the 970 still seems more than capable at 1440p at high'ish settings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    finished uncharted 1-3... i think the games are decent fun but tbh cant see myself going back and replaying them. the shootouts felt like a chore. the "story" is fine by video game standards but isn't something extraordinary. the characters are basically all one dimensional besides chloe. i really dont get why nathan drake is so heralded... he's not that interesting a character. its basically if bradley cooper starred in national treasure. he's just a mary sue. good looking, witty, funny, smart, hyper-athletic, and basically the greatest warrior/soldier on the face of the planet who has no problem murdering hundreds of people and then laughing off a one liner, and ends up with the girl. there's no deeper story with him to this point.

as far as ps3 les go, i'd put the infamous series > uncharted pretty squarely. uncharted had prettier cutscenes, but thats now how i would evaluate games. gameplay was much better in infamous, combat was significantly more fun, cole mcgrath is a much better character than nathan drake, and the villains were much more compelling in infamous as well. heck, zeke >> sully as a sidekick. oh wow, sully is old witty guy with cigar. all the time. such character.

the "final boss" segments in 1 and 2 were at least interesting. 3 was literally a melee QTE

id have no problem replaying infamous 1 or 2 (already have a few times) dont feel the same way about UC at all

i've heard uncharted 4 is on another level though, and i will definitely get to that at some point.
    Last edited by spurraider21; 05-20-2019 at 02:59 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm playing Yakuza 0. You all were right this game is so underrated. GTA should learn and add side quests like in Yakuza. I spent all last night ing around at the cabaret giving makeovers
    Yakuza 0 is the goat 8/10 game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's your favorite side quest so far? Have you done the TV producer one?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Get a 1660 Ti if you're outside warranty.. I bet you can find one for less than 220.00 on sale and that is outperforming the 1070

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get a 1660 Ti if you're outside warranty.. I bet you can find one for less than 220.00 on sale and that is outperforming the 1070
    Only because Nvidia stops optimizing for older architectures once new ones come out. The 1070 should be a better gpu on hardware alone if not for Nvidia's gotry. Turing is probably going to be just like Kepler which also came out right before a new console gen with a huge price markup and then fell off fast once the new gen started. I'm waiting for Cyberpunk and then I'll probably just build a new system.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what's all this then? after watching a couple youtube videos, I was all hyped to switch to team red this summer (for Cyberpunk I guess) Thought Navi/Zen2 was guaranteed game changer.

also, this thread was doing just fine with Whar, mods need to change it back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what's all this then? after watching a couple youtube videos, I was all hyped to switch to team red this summer (for Cyberpunk I guess) Thought Navi/Zen2 was guaranteed game changer.

also, this thread was doing just fine with Whar, mods need to change it back
    Zen2 should be great considering even the budget Zen1 chips are already better than anything Intel is offering below the i7 models. But AMD has been nothing but failure after failure on the gpu front from Tonga to Fiji to Polaris to Vega to Vega 7. God I hope Navi is good but I'm not holding my breath.

Thread Information