Page 252 of 376 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262302352 ... LastLast
Results 6,276 to 6,300 of 9378
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    finished this the other day. Dying Light was pretty fun. would recommend. DLC had good missions but i didnt love the buggy. ending disappointed narratively (in the DLC. i liked the base ending)

gonna play Guacamelee next (per bb's recommendation)... followed by one of Rise of the Tomb Raider or Bioshock 2. probably dark souls 2 after that.

backlog is still daunting after that ... dark souls 3, Yakuza 0, days gone, Nioh, metal gear solid V, skyrim, fallout 4, shadow of the tomb raider. and having a kid in 6 months. probably wont need to buy a ps5 until 2022 black friday at the earliest
    I thought it was pretty cool seeing Crane become the night crawler at the end. Well you only got six more Yakuza games after 0, not counting the new one that's a turn based RPG that looks amazing. Better get all that backlog finished these six months.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought it was pretty cool seeing Crane become the night crawler at the end. Well you only got six more Yakuza games after 0, not counting the new one that's a turn based RPG that looks amazing. Better get all that backlog finished these six months.
    well lets see how i like 0 before committing to the whole thing ... i think i also have Kiwami now that i think of it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well lets see how i like 0 before committing to the whole thing ... i think i also have Kiwami now that i think of it
    It's funny in this thread you can see me ting on Yakuza 0 when I first started it and then becoming a big fan of the game.

The PS2 style fixed camera angles when you're indoors are rough in the older games. But indoors like restaurants, bars, and arcades, not where any of the real gameplay takes place.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to like the yakuza games but the endless cutscenes and grindy gameplay always end up boring me in the first act.. doesn't help that sega pc ports are rubbish

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to like the yakuza games but the endless cutscenes and grindy gameplay always end up boring me in the first act.. doesn't help that sega pc ports are rubbish
    ??? Yakuza 0 is super easy to run. Even a GTX 1060 can do like 120 fps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have 8X MSAA and still get 80-85 FPS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have 8X MSAA and still get 80-85 FPS
    What do you get if you drop to FXAA or 2xMSAA? I never can see a difference above 2xMSAA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    finished this the other day. Dying Light was pretty fun. would recommend. DLC had good missions but i didnt love the buggy. ending disappointed narratively (in the DLC. i liked the base ending)

gonna play Guacamelee next (per bb's recommendation)... followed by one of Rise of the Tomb Raider or Bioshock 2. probably dark souls 2 after that.

backlog is still daunting after that ... dark souls 3, Yakuza 0, days gone, Nioh, metal gear solid V, skyrim, fallout 4, shadow of the tomb raider. and having a kid in 6 months. probably wont need to buy a ps5 until 2022 black friday at the earliest
    Congrats yo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you get if you drop to FXAA or 2xMSAA? I never can see a difference above 2xMSAA.
    Locked at 144hz.. 2X MSAA I don't know

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't mean it in terms of fps, but the menus/controllers/ui iirc were pretty janky... For the record I don't like xbox controllers prefer playstation style and those generally require a little work to get configured right

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't mean it in terms of fps, but the menus/controllers/ui iirc were pretty janky... For the record I don't like xbox controllers prefer playstation style and those generally require a little work to get configured right
    There is a program called DS4Windows to run DualShock 4 on PC pretty effortlessly. I just use it wired though because I can't find a bluetooth adapter that works worth a if I'm 3 feet away from it. DS4Windows emulates a 360 controller so you get XBox button prompts though.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 01-13-2021 at 05:09 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a program called DS4Windows to run DualShock 4 on PC pretty effortlessly. I just use it wired though because I can't find a bluetooth adapter that works worth a if I'm 3 feet away from it. DS4Windows emulates a 360 controller so you get XBox button prompts though.
    Steam got all the console controller built in.. Offers a load of customization. If it's a non-steam game it will still work great if you add it to your library.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steam got all the console controller built in.. Offers a load of customization. If it's a non-steam game it will still work great if you add it to your library.
    LOL using Steam

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't steam the king of PC gaming? How come you are ting on them? GOG stan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't steam the king of PC gaming? How come you are ting on them? GOG stan.
    Piracy is the king of PC gaming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh , TheFlow just disclosed a 7.55 kernel exploit for PS4. So ing glad I didn't update my PS4. Guess I'll hold on my PS4 and not trade it in for a PS5.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Piracy is the king of PC gaming.
    hahaha i was going to give a speech about steam being bloated adware but that too!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i only ever installed it so i could buy stranger's wrath which was the only oddverse game i hadnt played, it was alright... now my kids have installed it everywhere and have multiple accounts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hahaha i was going to give a speech about steam being bloated adware but that too!
    Piracy bout to be the king of PS4 gaming too.

PS4 and 360 are the only consoles I have that aren't hacked, but the PS4 jailbreak covering everything up to Cyberpunk 1.00 looks like it's coming in a span of weeks. Won't ever hack my 360 since (1) it requires soldering (2) the vast majority of the library is on PC (3) all the good exclusives not on PC are cheap and I already have them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reck man, if your PS4 is on 7.55 or lower you should be able to hack it in within the next few weeks. Don't ever go online with it if you want to hack it because it'll push 8.03 on you right away if you do.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reck man, if your PS4 is on 7.55 or lower you should be able to hack it in within the next few weeks. Don't ever go online with it if you want to hack it because it'll push 8.03 on you right away if you do.
    What are the benefits of this?

If it’s worth it I might just go to the trouble of making a dummy email and psn account.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are the benefits of this?

If it’s worth it I might just go to the trouble of making a dummy email and psn account.
    Well if you're just going to play backlog games and have nothing new you're looking forward to, you could just disconnect your PS4 from your network. Though if you gotten online anytime since October 14th, 2020 you have the 8.00 or above firmware and this hack is very unlikely to work.

IDK, the more research I'm doing on the PS4 hacking scene, the more I'm debating doing it once the exploit comes out though. Some people seem to love the current 7.02 hack, some are having with crashes on 7.02. Also you'll likely have to run the exploit every time you power on your system, same way you have to do with Switch and had to do with Vita for a while too. And the exploit seems to only work 10-20% of the time because it relies on exploiting a race condition bug, so not a hole for the exploit that's going to be open every time. Might be something you'd want to wait a few months on for stability to get ironed out like it mostly seems to have with the 6.72 exploit.

You'd never be able to play games online with the hack. You'd have to be on current 8.03 firmware to access anything PSN.

The benefits would be free PS4 games, being able to emulate some PS2 games, emulate some PSP games. I think the last released PS4 game you'd be able to play on 7.55 is Cyberpunk 2077 1.00 (eg no Day 1 patch) but you'd get Ghost of Tsushima, The Last of Us Part II, Final Fantasy VII, 13 Sentinels, pretty much all the big games of 2020 and before.

EDIT: Honestly seems like more trouble than it's worth, as much as I'd like to be able to play Japanese versions of PS4 games without having to import them used from Japan for ridiculous prices.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 01-15-2021 at 01:37 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So not worth the trouble, thanks.

Chances of me being up to date with the console are 99.9%. Last time I played was a little over a week ago so there's your answer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Chances of me being up to date with the console are 99.9%. Last time I played was a little over a week ago so there's your answer.
    Starting to think it's not worth the hassle for me either as much as I hate the idea of paying $90 for Persona 5 Royal in Japanese. I pretty much own everything I'd ever want to play in English on PS4 anyways. 13 Sentinels is pretty much the only thing I'd play in English that I don't already own (saving Ghost of Tsushima and TLOU Part II until I get a PS5).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If you're interested though, here is a discussion of it

Thread Information