Page 147 of 376 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 9381
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Havent played anything since sekiro.
    Did you beat the part where you got stuck for days yet?

I bought this a while ago but haven't touched it yet. This is a summer game where I'll have plenty of time to kill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you beat the part where you got stuck for days yet?

I bought this a while ago but haven't touched it yet. This is a summer game where I'll have plenty of time to kill.
    Yeah.

Last boss now

Probably died 80 times already.

Game says i played a total of 80hrs.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arguing aside,

It seems like Last of us 2, Ghost of thusishima, and Death Stranding are all Q4 games.

Loaded lineup tbh.

Havent played anything since sekiro.
    TLOU Part II is Spring 2020 from all I have seen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rating a game on a scale of 10 and giving it a 7 is not sayig much about the game, imo.

It's like if you rate a game on a 5 star system and giving it a 2. That's around average to me.

I would have figured Horizon is a game right up your alley. It's not super complex, everything is pretty much straight forward gameplay wise.

For example, a game like the Witcher 3 which is amazing in all facets of what a game should be, it's highly complex and definitely gives you a headache in terms of what direction you want to go and build your skill tree in. It mostly locks you into a branch.
    On a 5 star scale, this game would 3.5 from me. That qualifies as a "damn good game." What keeps Horizon, for me, from reaching that "next level," (whatever that is, so you can see how subjective criticism is) is:

- Average melee combat

- Fights descend into roll and attack, rinse/repeat, too often. Sure, you can abuse traps, elemental weapons and tie downs, but it feels a bit cheap when you take down a machine from the bushes with 5 or 6 traps and a couple of well placed bow shots. Related to point one, if the game had a better melee system, it'd be cool to weaken a machine and then finish it off with a melee flourish (and not some quick time garbage or auto combo. Ex. you learn "finishing/heavy combos" that can finish off a machine below a certain number of hit points, but the catch is it's relatively difficult to execute, requiring fighting game like input commands.).

-Animal hunting is redundant. You really don't want to waste time hunting boars and turkeys when you could be hunting machines. I know animals have low hit points, but it just feels like grindy busy work if you need meat, bones, etc. I understand they're doing that to keep consistent with the game world, but they could've tweaked it where you could get everything you need from the machines (i.e. machines that feed on animals. Kill those machines, you get your meat, hides, bones, etc).

-Weapon wheel needs to be 6 way instead of 4 way. If I have a plan to use 5 different weapon types to take out an area, I dislike having to go into the inventory screen to equip the 5th weapon. Ruins the combat flow.

- Some minor annoyances are the camera, not being able to jump up on terrain no taller than you unless there's a "white" marker there, and cut scene heavy at times.

Relatively speaking, this is a fine example of an open world game. I find open world games like Saints Row, Mafia, and even the hallowed GTA series to have significantly more style over substance. I have fun with those games, but they'd get no more than a low 5 from me based on gameplay standards. Gameplay is 90 percent of the equation for me, so great graphics, art design, sound design, story are basically just "icing" and can't turn a game with 5/10 gameplay into an 8/10 game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On a 5 star scale, this game would 3.5 from me. That qualifies as a "damn good game." What keeps Horizon, for me, from reaching that "next level," (whatever that is, so you can see how subjective criticism is) is:

- Average melee combat

- Fights descend into roll and attack, rinse/repeat, too often. Sure, you can abuse traps, elemental weapons and tie downs, but it feels a bit cheap when you take down a machine from the bushes with 5 or 6 traps and a couple of well placed bow shots. Related to point one, if the game had a better melee system, it'd be cool to weaken a machine and then finish it off with a melee flourish (and not some quick time garbage or auto combo. Ex. you learn "finishing/heavy combos" that can finish off a machine below a certain number of hit points, but the catch is it's relatively difficult to execute, requiring fighting game like input commands.).

-Animal hunting is redundant. You really don't want to waste time hunting boars and turkeys when you could be hunting machines. I know animals have low hit points, but it just feels like grindy busy work if you need meat, bones, etc. I understand they're doing that to keep consistent with the game world, but they could've tweaked it where you could get everything you need from the machines (i.e. machines that feed on animals. Kill those machines, you get your meat, hides, bones, etc).

-Weapon wheel needs to be 6 way instead of 4 way. If I have a plan to use 5 different weapon types to take out an area, I dislike having to go into the inventory screen to equip the 5th weapon. Ruins the combat flow.

- Some minor annoyances are the camera, not being able to jump up on terrain no taller than you unless there's a "white" marker there, and cut scene heavy at times.

Relatively speaking, this is a fine example of an open world game. I find open world games like Saints Row, Mafia, and even the hallowed GTA series to have significantly more style over substance. I have fun with those games, but they'd get no more than a low 5 from me based on gameplay standards. Gameplay is 90 percent of the equation for me, so great graphics, art design, sound design, story are basically just "icing" and can't turn a game with 5/10 gameplay into an 8/10 game.
    the limited weapon wheel frustrated me as well. between the war bow, sharpshooter bow, hunter bow, ropecaster, tripwire, sling, blast sling, rattler, and all the different mods (might want a hunter bow with corruption emphasis, but another with shock emphasis, etc), it felt way too limiting. i think its meant to make you "think strategically" have have a good balanced loadout, but thats never how it actually played out. instead i kept having to shuffle weapon sets based on encounters (take out ropecaster if i'm fighting a stormbird, etc).

so i basically just dumped all my mods into corruption as that one seemed like the best jack of all trades elemental type (for the hunter bow). it felt too limiting

the climbing amounted to "find the yellow thing in the wall" just like uncharted. i much prefer the assassins creed version where you have to look for queues beyond an obvious color sticking out. infamous did a good job with climbing too, as you had to look for actual structural landmarks rather than just a patently yellow brick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Recently finished both Horizon and Dying Light. Loved both. Give me another...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    now theres a playstation flash sale was some absurdly cheap games lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    now theres a playstation flash sale was some absurdly cheap games lol
    Rise of the Tomb Raider and Tomb Raider Definitive Edition are great deals if you're in the mood for really good Uncharted clones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rise of the Tomb Raider and Tomb Raider Definitive Edition are great deals if you're in the mood for really good Uncharted clones.
    those 2 caught my eye as really good deals (and dark souls 2 for $10)... but im hesitant to buy any more games as i probably have a years worth of or close to it already

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    those 2 caught my eye as really good deals (and dark souls 2 for $10)... but im hesitant to buy any more games as i probably have a years worth of or close to it already
    You might see them go either the same price or a little less in the Mid-Year Sale next month or the Black Friday Sale, so no rush. They go on sale all the time. The two Tomb Raiders are awesome games though. I haven't played Dark Souls II and it seems to be regarded as the worst game in the series by a lot of Souls fans, but it looks really good IMO and I definitely want to play it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    baseline bum what do you think of this game Judgment? It's from the same people that make the Yakuza series. Saw some gameplay of it and I dont see much of a difference which I guess if the formula works for the other games I can see why they dont want to depart from what works.

Good reviews thus far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    baseline bum what do you think of this game Judgment? It's from the same people that make the Yakuza series. Saw some gameplay of it and I dont see much of a difference which I guess if the formula works for the other games I can see why they dont want to depart from what works.

Good reviews thus far.
    Definitely looks like a must play in my book. But must play when it's $20 .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Good reviews thus far.
    Looks good. Protagonost looks gay though compared to kiryu and Majima

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    anyone play Blooodstained: Ritual of the night yet? looks pretty dope

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the limited weapon wheel frustrated me as well. between the war bow, sharpshooter bow, hunter bow, ropecaster, tripwire, sling, blast sling, rattler, and all the different mods (might want a hunter bow with corruption emphasis, but another with shock emphasis, etc), it felt way too limiting. i think its meant to make you "think strategically" have have a good balanced loadout, but thats never how it actually played out. instead i kept having to shuffle weapon sets based on encounters (take out ropecaster if i'm fighting a stormbird, etc).

so i basically just dumped all my mods into corruption as that one seemed like the best jack of all trades elemental type (for the hunter bow). it felt too limiting

the climbing amounted to "find the yellow thing in the wall" just like uncharted. i much prefer the assassins creed version where you have to look for queues beyond an obvious color sticking out. infamous did a good job with climbing too, as you had to look for actual structural landmarks rather than just a patently yellow brick
    Indeed. On this point, I think the reason we probably have to use more weapons was because we're playing on very hard. I don't think developers really build the game around that difficulty in mind, so all they do is make the enemies into damage sponges. I was level 24 when I fought the first Thunderjaw. Maybe I was under leveled (recommended level is 27), but it took the in' kitchen sink to take him down. Tear blast the two disk launchers off. Tear blast radar and front cannons off. Freeze him completely (which takes like 6 bombs), hit him with first disk launcher while frozen to deal double. Do that again. Freeze him again. And just spam bombs, precision arrows, or whatever into his exposed heart.

I appreciate protracted battles like this, but it felt "spammy" at times, because it was such a damage sponge. I'm sure the battle has better flow at the lower difficulties.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indeed. On this point, I think the reason we probably have to use more weapons was because we're playing on very hard. I don't think developers really build the game around that difficulty in mind, so all they do is make the enemies into damage sponges. I was level 24 when I fought the first Thunderjaw. Maybe I was under leveled (recommended level is 27), but it took the in' kitchen sink to take him down. Tear blast the two disk launchers off. Tear blast radar and front cannons off. Freeze him completely (which takes like 6 bombs), hit him with first disk launcher while frozen to deal double. Do that again. Freeze him again. And just spam bombs, precision arrows, or whatever into his exposed heart.

I appreciate protracted battles like this, but it felt "spammy" at times, because it was such a damage sponge. I'm sure the battle has better flow at the lower difficulties.
    Freeze bombs were the only way i was able to take down the heavy guys like thunderjaws and rockbreakers in anything resembling a reasonable amount of time. Triple shot corruption arrows were nice too

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Sony is having a fire sale for the PS3 games on the store. Most of the PS3 les on this flash sale are triple A games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Sony is having a fire sale for the PS3 games on the store. Most of the PS3 les on this flash sale are triple A games.
    Just put CFW on your PS3 and get all the games for free, man.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just put CFW on your PS3 and get all the games for free, man.
    No idea what that even is. I'm interested so do tell..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No idea what that even is. I'm interested so do tell..
    Which PS3 do you have? Eg CECH-<what>.

It should say on a sticker on the back or bottom of the console.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which PS3 do you have? Eg CECH-<what>.

It should say on a sticker on the back or bottom of the console.
    CECH 3001B.

It's a 320GB slim. It's actually my second. The original 40GB fattie is loitering somewhere here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CECH 3001B.

It's a 320GB slim. It's actually my second. The original 40GB fattie is loitering somewhere here.
    , the method I know for CFW only works up to CECH-25xx series models. It allows both iso images of blu-rays as well as digital games to be played. I think for anything past CECH-25XX you can only run digital games. It's called PS3Hen or something like that. Might want to check MrMario2011's channel, it's a great resource for jailbreaking systems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn the new Persona 5 The Royal Battle theme for when you surprise an enemy is a big step down from the original:

New

Original

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anyone play Blooodstained: Ritual of the night yet? looks pretty dope
    yep, enjoying it so far, playing on normal with the kids and its too easy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Freeze bombs were the only way i was able to take down the heavy guys like thunderjaws and rockbreakers in anything resembling a reasonable amount of time. Triple shot corruption arrows were nice too
    Corruption arrows are nice. They've improved the overall combat system for me. It's nice to get the machines fighting each other and then tactically pick your spots to do damage, and the tactical approach is where the combat systems shines its best. When you're attacked by multiple enemies at once (ideally, you don't want this to happen, but at the difficulty setting, it's about impossible to tactically take out a group of Snapmaws as Glinthawks fly around without alerting everything in the area) and have to play it like Devil May Cry, the combat just feels spastic and clunky, turning the game into a rolling simulator, while spamming the rope caster.

About 40 hours in and 48 percent complete. All Blazing Suns and just finished the Grave Hoard mission. Still in that 7-7.5 range. Main issue is still the weapon wheel. Not only is it a bit limited, but having to bring it up every second during a heated battle is annoying and ruins the flow, i.e. switch to tearblaster, switch to ropecaster, switch to freeze bombs, switch to sling blast (we can be cheeky again and call it a "weapon switching simulator" when this happens). I'm not criticizing it because I'm taking deaths and the like, I just hate seeing it every half second. Weapon switching should be instant and not clutter up the HUD.

If I were a playtester at GG, I'd suggest maybe try mapping the weapons to the D pad and use the triangle to switch to alt fire, i.e. press right to equip war bow, press triangle to switch to freeze arrows, with nothing popping up on the screen (I understand since bows and slings can have three different elemental types, the binary main/alt wouldn't "work," but I'd say just have a shock/freeze bow, fire/corruption bow, and hard point/standard arrow bow). IIRC, this is how Infamous mapped things. And I think the potions should be on the visible wheel.

Still a fine game. Did you get the Shield Weaver armor? Read it breaks the game.

Thread Information