Page 210 of 376 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260310 ... LastLast
Results 5,226 to 5,250 of 9381
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CJ vs Big Smoke in Sekrio

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only matters near the end
    If you want all mini bosses, you might need a walkthrough imo. Some of the locations are so random. Like the ninja in hirata state

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you want all mini bosses, you might need a walkthrough imo. Some of the locations are so random. Like the ninja in hirata state
    Yeah that one too. But that’s just a miniboss. You can also miss some headless easily

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The voice in Shenmue is completely fine. The problem was the tone and robotic delivery.

Corey Marshal has an awesome gaming voice. The voice actress for Nozomi is also well done.

the entire english cast is good sans Tom.

I'LL ALLOW YOU TO DIE LIKE A WARRIOR!

EPIC!!
    Compare that to this:

Night and day. The English voice acting in Shenmue was always . And the secondary/background characters were even worse.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is America, Paulie!

Japanese sounds better in just about any context. The language is just....flowy.

YAMERU!!

Shout it and tell me that doesn’t sound badass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is America, Paulie!

Japanese sounds better in just about any context. The language is just....flowy.

YAMERU!!

It's more than that. Japanese is a beautiful sounding language, and it sounds more authentic in this context... but the acting itself is just better, less cheesy.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is America, Paulie!

YAMERU!!

You sure you're not thinking of "yamero!!"? Yameru is a verb meaning to stop doing something, but "yamero" is a command that can be like "stop it" between friends and family but is more like " ing stop this " in other contexts where it's extremely rude. You'll probably also hear "yamete" which is also the "stop" command, but it has kind of an implied "please". It's still pretty rude but not outwardly aggressive like "yamero" would be. The nicer way to say "please stop" would be "yamete kudasai" which you might also hear too. The "kudasai" is the explicit "please" there.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 05-29-2020 at 12:05 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You sure you're not thinking of "yamero!!"? Yameru is a verb meaning to stop doing something, but "yamero" is a command that can be like "stop it" between friends and family but is more like " ing stop this " in other contexts where it's extremely rude. You'll probably also hear "yamete" which is also the "stop" command, but it has kind of an implied "please". It's still pretty rude but not outwardly aggressive like "yamero" would be. The nicer way to say "please stop" would be "yamete kudasai" which you might also hear too. The "kudasai" is the explicit "please" there.
    I just gave it the quick google translate.

I was going to go with "matte" since that's the word I most often hear but wanted to sound more badass.

Back in the day I used to watch a lot of anime in japanese and the language always fascinated me. Still does but like you said, it's such a complex language to learn I just gave up.

I can probably pick up a handful of words but no way could I follow even a simple conversation.

It was like trying to learn italian. Similar to spanish but written in a completely different way. Very confusing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just gave it the quick google translate.

I was going to go with "matte" since that's the word I most often hear but wanted to sound more badass.

Back in the day I used to watch a lot of anime in japanese and the language always fascinated me. Still does but like you said, it's such a complex language to learn I just gave up.

I can probably pick up a handful of words but no way could I follow even a simple conversation.

It was like trying to learn italian. Similar to spanish but written in a completely different way. Very confusing.
    "Matte" is the command "wait", a little rude but with the implied please. "Mate" is a much ruder, aggressive command for "wait", with no implied please. Where you'll often hear matte is in "chotto matte" = wait a sec or "chotto matte kudasai" = wait a second please (with the explicit please).

A few other useful words:

ore: I (informal, masculine)
    ware: I (formal, cringy anime-speak)
    omae: you (more like "you bas " though unless between friends)
    kisama: you (more like "you piece of " though)
    kuso: , god damnit, feces
    ttaku: jesus christ (not literally, but used the same way, like jesus christ my order is taking a long time)
    sugoi / sugei / yabai / yabei: wow
    Last edited by baseline bum; 05-29-2020 at 08:23 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rumor going around that the XBox is going to be launched in Japan as a Sega console. Oh man that would be awesome since it would mean both XBox and PC would likely get a ton of Japanese games that are what has made Playstation so appealing to me this gen. Damn if XBox and PC can start getting the 龍が如く series (eg Yakuza) first run and then all the Atlus games too...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rumor going around that the XBox is going to be launched in Japan as a Sega console. Oh man that would be awesome since it would mean both XBox and PC would likely get a ton of Japanese games that are what has made Playstation so appealing to me this gen. Damn if XBox and PC can start getting the 龍が如く series (eg Yakuza) first run and then all the Atlus games too...
    Have you started Sekiro?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you started Sekiro?
    Not yet, gonna do a ninth playthrough of Persona 5 first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    got to the final battle of Nioh 2, and i'm so burned out. I downloaded the DLCs for AC Odyssey and gonna play that for a while.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's your favorite soundtrack of the game?

Shido's palace theme is life. The main theme is also great. This game has the chillest music in any video game I have ever played. And trust me, coming from a guy who thinks Shenmue's soundtrack is at the top.

Come to think of it, they are very similar. They both make good use of jazzy vibey music.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    got to the final battle of Nioh 2, and i'm so burned out. I downloaded the DLCs for AC Odyssey and gonna play that for a while.
    from what i read people were mostly ting on the lore elements of the DLCs but i dont pretend to understand the lore anyway. i think the legacy of the first blade dlc was bland and nothing new gameplay wise. fate of atlantis was actually refreshing/new imo. new map areas for each of its 3 chapters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's your favorite soundtrack of the game?

Shido's palace theme is life. The main theme is also great. This game has the chillest music in any video game I have ever played. And trust me, coming from a guy who thinks Shenmue's soundtrack is at the top.

Come to think of it, they are very similar. They both make good use of jazzy vibey music.
    I liked the theme from Futaba's palace, it's like you hear her scream from pain and then hear her sadness in the theme. Though I also really like the theme in Kamoshida's palace, and the final theme from Royal is amazing too right before the final bossfight. Best battle theme is Rivers in the Desert by far, though I still haven't done the third hidden bossfight in Royal and I wonder if that one might have a unique battle theme I haven't heard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    from what i read people were mostly ting on the lore elements of the DLCs but i dont pretend to understand the lore anyway. i think the legacy of the first blade dlc was bland and nothing new gameplay wise. fate of atlantis was actually refreshing/new imo. new map areas for each of its 3 chapters
    just need a chance of pace... got tired of the constant grinding.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Play FIFA with ronaldo as your striker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bend over, I'll show you constant grinding.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nope, IronMexican hates it just as much.
    Thanks for the shoutout, man.

It's

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm almost done dominating Yoshi's Crafted World.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally finished Witcher 3 plus both DLCs. Only took me 209 hours. Now my life feels empty.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally finished Witcher 3 plus both DLCs. Only took me 209 hours. Now my life feels empty.
    That does not seem very long.

Persona 5 is a much shorter and self contained game and that one only took me around 105 hours. Took me a month or so.

From first trophy to last according to psn profile:
    22nd Sep 2019
    8:35:31 AM
    16th Oct 2019
    7:08:18 AM

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i just started. its going to take a while to adjust. the menu feels clunky to go through. i hate games with big crafting systems, too much to learn. and remembering the damn symbols of my magic abilities... the combat is pretty weak too imo. but the voice acting in this has been very good in the early going

Thread Information