Page 40 of 376 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 9386
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude Bloodborne is the best game I have played since Zelda A Link to the Past back in 1992. Even if the rest of the PS4 library was complete dog (like the Switch's launch library minus Zelda BOTW) it would still be worth buying a PS4 just for Bloodborne. It has the most interesting combat I have ever played in a game and while there isn't much to the story, the setting is really dark and immersive. One thing I have to caution you about though: it's like 1980s NES games in that it can be crpytic: think Castlevania II Simon's Quest where you have to get the red crystal and duck by the side of a cliff to reach the next part of the map. The thing that makes people rage quit Bloodborne en masse is the most cryptic part of the game is the absolute beginning. You're never told you need to get one point of insight to be able to start leveling up. There are two ways to gain insight: to find a Madman's Knowledge and use it or to fight a boss. The easiest way to get that first point of insight is just to run to the first boss: Cleric Beast. Look up on youtube how to get to him. He'll kill you quickly unless you're godly at Souls games but you gain the point of insight that awakens the doll who lets you level up in Hunter's Dream (it's your base in the game). Until you get that first point of insight you're just spinning your wheels and none of the blood echoes (eg the currency in the game) can be spent on upgrading your level. You might be tempted to use your blood echoes on the best armor you can buy early on, but armor is almost useless in Bloodborne (same in Dark Souls 1) so you might as well just wear whatever is lightest and you think looks best.
    I beat the first Souls game without any help from youtube IGN etc...I will probably end up just looking up Cleric Beast like you said and just memorize his patterns until I beat him. If you're comparing this to A Link to the Past then it must be pretty special. I've always bought Sony consoles because of the library. I still have 4-5 unopened games on the PS3 The original XBox was pretty sweet though imo I still have it and about 20 games or so. Halo 1 & 2, Fight Night, Fable, Madden 05, The old 2k basketball games and MLB 2k series before it got destroyed by The Show

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I beat the first Souls game without any help from youtube IGN etc...I will probably end up just looking up Cleric Beast like you said and just memorize his patterns until I beat him. If you're comparing this to A Link to the Past then it must be pretty special. I've always bought Sony consoles because of the library. I still have 4-5 unopened games on the PS3 The original XBox was pretty sweet though imo I still have it and about 20 games or so. Halo 1 & 2, Fight Night, Fable, Madden 05, The old 2k basketball games and MLB 2k series before it got destroyed by The Show
    Cleric Beast isn't hard at all. It's just you have to get to him before you can really do anything in the game. It's not even close in my book that Bloodborne is the best game in 25 years, it completely outclasses everything I have ever played other than A Link to the Past and the original Super Mario Bros. Dark Souls 1 is an amazing game and I will for sure be getting the remaster, but Bloodborne is more challenging, faster, and encourages much more aggressive play while Dark Souls feels like a pretty defensive game. Or by first Souls game did you mean Demon's Souls? I love that game too, but for the Souls games I have played, my ranking on a scale of 0-10 would be

Bloodborne 10/10
    Dark Souls 9.5/10
    Demons Souls 8/10.

I can't recommend Bloodborne highly enough. And the only complaint you ever see in the reviews were about the long loading times, but those have been long since fixed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cleric Beast isn't hard at all. It's just you have to get to him before you can really do anything in the game. It's not even close in my book that Bloodborne is the best game in 25 years, it completely outclasses everything I have ever played other than A Link to the Past and the original Super Mario Bros. Dark Souls 1 is an amazing game and I will for sure be getting the remaster, but Bloodborne is more challenging, faster, and encourages much more aggressive play while Dark Souls feels like a pretty defensive game. Or by first Souls game did you mean Demon's Souls? I love that game too, but for the Souls games I have played, my ranking on a scale of 0-10 would be

Bloodborne 10/10
    Dark Souls 9.5/10
    Demons Souls 8/10.

I can't recommend Bloodborne highly enough. And the only complaint you ever see in the reviews were about the long loading times, but those have been long since fixed.
    Unfortunately Demon's Souls is the only one I have played so far. I think it was the first at least here in the States. Might be different in Japan though idk. I bought it used at GameStop and was really happy with the difficulty. Most games to that point would hold your hand until you beat them. Demon's Souls was like a blast from the past to those old impossible Nintendo games like Ninja Gaiden. I think it set a trend for more difficult video games with the amazing reception it got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately Demon's Souls is the only one I have played so far. I think it was the first at least here in the States. Might be different in Japan though idk. I bought it used at GameStop and was really happy with the difficulty. Most games to that point would hold your hand until you beat them. Demon's Souls was like a blast from the past to those old impossible Nintendo games like Ninja Gaiden. I think it set a trend for more difficult video games with the amazing reception it got.
    If you liked Demon's Souls you'll ing go nuts with Bloodborne. The levels are of similar difficulty but the boss fights are ing legendary in Bloodborne. I wonder if you can buy DLC for a PS Plus game though. Because the DLC is epic too and has three of the best boss fights of the entire Soulsborne series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you liked Demon's Souls you'll ing go nuts with Bloodborne. The levels are of similar difficulty but the boss fights are ing legendary in Bloodborne. I wonder if you can buy DLC for a PS Plus game though. Because the DLC is epic too and has three of the best boss fights of the entire Soulsborne series.
    You can buy DLC just probably won't have the PS+ discount

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been playing Fortnite in Battle Royale mode... lots of fun... it's 100 players per session, last man standing wins, big map, great guns... good stuff...

Plus it was a free download from PSN...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been playing Fortnite in Battle Royale mode... lots of fun... it's 100 players per session, last man standing wins, big map, great guns... good stuff...

Plus it was a free download from PSN...
    Deathmatches are my favorite among the online multiplayer component aspect of gaming. I dont play well in teamwork. I suck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Started playing Witcher 3 on the PC, looks so much nicer than console. what have i been doing with my life this whole time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Started playing Witcher 3 on the PC, looks so much nicer than console. what have i been doing with my life this whole time
    What gpu are you running?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    Nice. Should be getting 60 fps at high everywhere but Crookback Bog I'm guessing. Witcher 3 is ing amazing on PC at 60 fps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PC is great until your hardware fries or you lose your hard drive. Spending lots of money on peripherals to cover your ass for the inevitable. I'm leaning more and more towards my PS4 by the day. Master race not looking so hot these days imo.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PC is great until your hardware fries or you lose your hard drive. Spending lots of money on peripherals to cover your ass for the inevitable. I'm leaning more and more towards my PS4 by the day. Master race not looking so hot these days imo.
    the only downside atm is the price of RAM and video cards tbh. Spending $100 on a PSU that lasted a few years is no biggie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL Square Enix put the demo to Final Fantasy XV up on Origin without Denuvo, and it turns out it was the full game so 3dm released it as such four days before launch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no going back once you play games the way they were meant to be played

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta learn how to image your main drive bro

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice. Should be getting 60 fps at high everywhere but Crookback Bog I'm guessing. Witcher 3 is ing amazing on PC at 60 fps.
    The main city chugs a little too, I believe it's the smoke effects

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The main city chugs a little too, I believe it's the smoke effects
    It's all the AI. If you have an i7 and/or overclocked RAM that part runs a lot cleaner, as that area is pretty cpu bound.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's all the AI. If you have an i7 and/or overclocked RAM that part runs a lot cleaner, as that area is pretty cpu bound.
    Bas AI.. yeah I wanna upgrade my mother board and cpu already, then I'll have a spart part PC w/ a 680 for a little Internet cafe in my man cave

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bas AI.. yeah I wanna upgrade my mother board and cpu already, then I'll have a spart part PC w/ a 680 for a little Internet cafe in my man cave
    Have you seen how expensive RAM is now though? I bought a 16GB DDR3-2400 kit for $75 back in 2015 now good luck getting a 16GB DDR4-2400 kit for less than $160. At least cpu is cheap as right now for high end . Like the i5-8600k and i7-8700k both murder the i7-7700k, with the 7600k about $100 cheaper and the 8700k slightly more expensive than the 7700k.

Next gaming PC I build is going to be mini ITX for sure. You already have even 70 series cards coming in really low on power consumption, much less 60 series cards down to 120 watts now. So big cases with lots of airflow don't seem that important any more. Maxwell and before you could really up your power consumption (and thus need for cooling) with overclocking but in Pascal GPU Boost 3.0 has these es pushed balls to the wall and the 1070 still only consumes 150W under gaming load.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 03-07-2018 at 01:34 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just had a mandela effect moment.. I swear the le said "What are you playing right now?" all along

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Evil Within in the mail very low availability on gamefly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kingdom Come: Deliverance looks pretty good. Getting decent reviews and it's a historical game probably the next rpg I will try first.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    MHW is fun, just a little repe ive.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dragon's Crown, Ni No Kuni, and DS all within two months.

Ridiculous

Thread Information