My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Caved and bought Monster Hunter.

here is to not playing it for the next month

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great recommendations. I finished Outlast in 5 hours stayed up all night playing it. Beat Whistleblower in about 3. Just installed Outlast 2 - looking forward to it!

I think you'll enjoy the setting of the 2nd one, and the improved graphical effects as they lead to more suspense during chases..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think you'll enjoy the setting of the 2nd one, and the improved graphical effects as they lead to more suspense during chases..
    Chases are way more intense and this game is harder. Val is a real !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chases are way more intense and this game is harder. Val is a real !
    Yeah, the first time you run into her is the .. I like the light rays poking through the cornfields while being chased on this one too, 's a trip

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is the actual game so far? Does it live up to the legendary AC II or AC Brotherhood games?
    This game is ing amazing. Get it.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This game is ing amazing. Get it.
    I installed it earlier, but I think Corepacks stripped out the benchmark. I'm not quite ready to start a new game yet (I still have a couple of hours left in my current game, Persona 4 Golden), so I haven't checked how it runs yet for me. I'll probably try it on the high preset since that's about where I can typically get 60 fps in AAA games now on a 970. Is it hard to get it to lock to 60 fps on your 1060?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I installed it earlier, but I think Corepacks stripped out the benchmark. I'm not quite ready to start a new game yet (I still have a couple of hours left in my current game, Persona 4 Golden), so I haven't checked how it runs yet for me. I'll probably try it on the high preset since that's about where I can typically get 60 fps in AAA games now on a 970. Is it hard to get it to lock to 60 fps on your 1060?
    It takes a little tweaking, but you should be able to get it locked at 60 FPS for 95% of the time..

What I've noticed is the AA any higher than on low is super taxing. Medium shadows look good, but they're distance is limited so you'll get a good boost there.. Ambient Occlusion looks really good on high (high is lower of the settings)..

Clutter, and environment details a notch down gives you about another 7 fps back.. All of this and the game still looks incredible.. I've had to stop several times to take in the beauty of this game, it's ridiculously detailed. The hieroglyphs and little touches during the temple exploration is the .

The RPG element really adds a lot too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn Shadow of the Colossus is legit. I can see why it's getting 9 and above in reviews. Bluepoint really is incredible with remakes and remasters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    12 hours in for monster hunter. Zero story but the loot system is fun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn Shadow of the Colossus is legit. I can see why it's getting 9 and above in reviews. Bluepoint really is incredible with remakes and remasters.
    Finished it over the weekend... really well done, and I haven't played the original.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finished it over the weekend... really well done, and I haven't played the original.
    Man I didn't even GAF about this game at E3 last year. But damn it is impressive. Maybe even one of the essential games of the PS4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ElNono man, you played any of the Yakuza games? Best Buy has Yakuza Kiwami for $15 so I picked that up too, though I'm going to play Yakuza 0 first. But probably not until checking out AC Origins. Can't beat the PC price on that one tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man I didn't even GAF about this game at E3 last year. But damn it is impressive. Maybe even one of the essential games of the PS4.
    I dunno, graphically it's amazing, but I didn't particularly love the mechanics. It's just really well done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ElNono man, you played any of the Yakuza games? Best Buy has Yakuza Kiwami for $15 so I picked that up too, though I'm going to play Yakuza 0 first. But probably not until checking out AC Origins. Can't beat the PC price on that one tbh.
    Not yet. Might wait for the PSN deal on that one.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    12 hours in for monster hunter. Zero story but the loot system is fun.
    I've got about 6 hours in. It's a lot of fun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So this was at the Spurs @ Dubs game...

https://dailycommercials.com/playsta...r-floor-event/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    playing through the CoD WWII campaign right now. kinda surprised, not as bad as i was expecting it to be

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just jailbroke my old PS3 Slim just for the of it... good times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just jailbroke my old PS3 Slim just for the of it... good times.
    https://downloadgameps3.com/

Make sure to get the following:
    1. Persona 5
    2. Nier
    3. Demon's Souls
    4. Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
    5. Catherine
    6. Yakuza 3
    7. Yakuza 4
    8. Yakuza 5
    9. Dragon's Crown
    10. Ni No Kuni

I hope you don't login to PSN with that system though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you haven't played Persona 5, seriously, download that this second and tell the kids to off and go play in the street or something, that game can't be missed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://downloadgameps3.com/

Make sure to get the following:
    1. Persona 5
    2. Nier
    3. Demon's Souls
    4. Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
    5. Catherine
    6. Yakuza 3
    7. Yakuza 4
    8. Yakuza 5
    9. Dragon's Crown
    I bought and beat most of those except Nier, Catherine and Dragon's Crown. There's something about Odin Sphere I didn't like back in 2007; I wonder if I tried again 11 years later, if my tastes have changed enough seeing as I do have an appreciation for those modern 2D games more now than back then.

I downloaded Nier yesterday and I'll try Odin Sphere again as well check out Dragon's Crown and Catherine.

I hope you don't login to PSN with that system though.
    I followed these steps and completely blocked PSN and OFW updates. Yeah that was the first thing I did when I successfully jailbroke it; don't want my account banned.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ps3homebrew...np_environment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you haven't played Persona 5, seriously, download that this second and tell the kids to off and go play in the street or something, that game can't be missed.
    Way ahead of you my , bought it when it came out. It's just on my backlog though unfortunately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bought and beat most of those except Nier, Catherine and Dragon's Crown. There's something about Odin Sphere I didn't like back in 2007; I wonder if I tried again 11 years later, if my tastes have changed enough seeing as I do have an appreciation for those modern 2D games more now than back then.

I downloaded Nier yesterday and I'll try Odin Sphere again as well check out Dragon's Crown and Catherine.

I followed these steps and completely blocked PSN and OFW updates. Yeah that was the first thing I did when I successfully jailbroke it; don't want my account banned.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ps3homebrew...np_environment
    If you didn't like Odin Sphere, Dragon's Crown is done by the same studio. If you liked Persona 5, Catherine is done in the same art style. The puzzles in it are pretty hard if you play at normal or higher.

Nier really sucks the first couple of hours because you're doing fetch quests, which is likely why it was so badly reviewed. But it really picks up into one of the alltime great storylines for a game, and if you played NieR Automata on PS4 or PC the first Nier explains a lot. Before you play the first Nier watch the last chapter of Drakengard 1 on youtube. I wouldn't bother playing Drakengard 1 though. It has its moments but has a really antiquated control system. All you need to see is the events leading up to an including Ending E of Drakengard, which sets the table for Nier (and NieR Automata).

For the tl;dr version, fast forward to 12:55 or so in the video.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anyone has a PS3 Slim or Fat PS3 and it's probably 5 years old or older and you want to jailbreak it, there's something called the ps3xploit. As long as you're NOT a complete moron and can follow directions and read, you'll be fine. All you need is a FAT32 USB stick and the files on the link.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ps3homebrew...ps3xploit_nand
    Last edited by NASpurs; 02-17-2018 at 10:02 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you didn't like Odin Sphere, Dragon's Crown is done by the same studio. If you liked Persona 5, Catherine is done in the same art style. The puzzles in it are pretty hard if you play at normal or higher.

Nier really sucks the first couple of hours because you're doing fetch quests, which is likely why it was so badly reviewed. But it really picks up into one of the alltime great storylines for a game, and if you played NieR Automata on PS4 or PC the first Nier explains a lot. Before you play the first Nier watch the last chapter of Drakengard 1 on youtube. I wouldn't bother playing Drakengard 1 though. It has its moments but has a really antiquated control system. All you need to see is the events leading up to an including Ending E of Drakengard, which sets the table for Nier (and NieR Automata).

For the tl;dr version, fast forward to 12:55 or so in the video.
    I didn't like it a long time ago though but tastes change and I'll give it another chance. Like I said, I appreciate those 2D games more nowadays so I'm not totally turned off unlike years ago.

Yeah the Persona franchise is one of my favorites so I'll definitely check it out. If you haven't checked out P3 FES, you definitely should my man. I think I liked that game more than P4 and P4 is what originally got me into the franchise. Granted it's been ing years since I played it but I just remember liking it more than P4 and I love P4

Thanks I'll check out the video! Yeah I downloaded Nier because I wanted to see how the first game was seeing as I haven't played Automata yet. I think I read that it didn't really matter but I still want to check out first.

Thread Information