Page 279 of 376 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279280281282283289329 ... LastLast
Results 6,951 to 6,975 of 9381
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it me or does the game make spider man act more erratic during the challenge missions? I swear Spidey moves exactly the oposite direction of what I tell it to go to. The drone and bomb challenges are stupid. When in free roam I encounter none of those issues. wtf

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Taking recommendations. Just finished TLOU2 which I thought was kinda meh.

Anyone pick up outriders?
    Persona 5 Royal . Or even better, NieR Automata.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Persona 5 Royal . Or even better, NieR Automata.
    Hmmm. I’ll check them out even though Asians scare me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you play Persona 5, spend the money on the Royal version instead of playing the free version available through PS Plus, as your ing cat makes you go to sleep early all the time in the original version of the game (eg the one on PS Plus for free), which makes it a real grind against the clock. Also gotta warn the game has about a 3 hour intro tutorial but gets awesome after that.

Both Persona 5 Royal and NieR Automata have ridiculously awesome original soundtracks too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or if you're looking for a game that seems to have heavily inspired God of War, I'd highly recommend Bloodborne if you never played it on PS4. Though you gotta get the DLC too as it has the best bossfights of the game. Only runs 30 fps though, no PS4 Pro patch even much less PS5 patch. That is my game of the century.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you play Persona 5, spend the money on the Royal version instead of playing the free version available through PS Plus, as your ing cat makes you go to sleep early all the time in the original version of the game (eg the one on PS Plus for free), which makes it a real grind against the clock. Also gotta warn the game has about a 3 hour intro tutorial but gets awesome after that.

Both Persona 5 Royal and NieR Automata have ridiculously awesome original soundtracks too.
    I’m rolling with Nier. looks badass on PS5

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good choice. More bang for your buck, too.

Persona 5 is an excellent game but it's a one and done. Nier Automata has replayability for days.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Persona 5 might be a one playthrough game, but it's easily 100+ hours of game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah it's nice at a locked 60 fps. One thing I gotta warn: the game is not over when you think you have finished it the first time (e.g. Ending A). It calls it new playthroughs but it's really continuations of the story. Ending E is when you have actually completed the story.

While the game is awesome up to Ending A, if you quit after Ending A you will have only played the worst part of the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Persona 5 might be a one playthrough game, but it's easily 100+ hours of game.
    My first Persona 5 Royal playthrough was like 160 hours.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I played the demo. If you like Gears-of-War/Bullestorm type of gameplay, that's what it's like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

forgot what you have or havent played tbh... nier automata as BB mentioned is a can't miss. have you played god of war?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also yakuza 0 has picked up a bit. i just started chapter 4, the second chapter with the eyepatch guy. its pretty straightforward. my only question is i'm actually expected to hold up against the Apex Predator guy at this point. otherwise, the move upgrades seem really expensive. hopefully you start rolling in money as the game goes on. or do i have to say it and only commit points to a single combat style?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also yakuza 0 has picked up a bit. i just started chapter 4, the second chapter with the eyepatch guy. its pretty straightforward. my only question is i'm actually expected to hold up against the Apex Predator guy at this point. otherwise, the move upgrades seem really expensive. hopefully you start rolling in money as the game goes on. or do i have to say it and only commit points to a single combat style?
    I mean you can kick the out of the Mr Shakedown guys in Chapter 1 provided you have leveled up your body, heat, and moves enough. It has been so long since I played Yakuza 0 though all I remember about styles was Kiryu's power style is garbage (so slow) and I never bothered with Majima's breakdance style either. I do think side missions are the keys to unlocking new moves, heat actions, leveling up your strength and attack power, etc. I always do the side missions in these games so do a lot of character customization from the beginning though.

Before my characters were really powerful I think the main way I beat the Mr Shakedowns was building up my heat through fighting and drinks and then switching to knives and using heat actions to stab them. Though the GOAT move in Yakuza is the Komaki Tiger Drop which is a counter you'll learn training with Komaki.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 06-21-2021 at 01:43 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    forgot what you have or havent played tbh... nier automata as BB mentioned is a can't miss. have you played god of war?
    GOW was amazing. Nier is great so far, but kinda not what I usually play.

Did you pick up Jedi Fallen Order yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean you can kick the out of the Mr Shakedown guys in Chapter 1 provided you have leveled up your body, heat, and moves enough. It has been so long since I played Yakuza 0 though all I remember about styles was Kiryu's power style is garbage (so slow) and I never bothered with Majima's breakdance style either. I do think side missions are the keys to unlocking new moves, heat actions, leveling up your strength and attack power, etc. I always do the side missions in these games so do a lot of character customization from the beginning though.

Before my characters were really powerful I think the main way I beat the Mr Shakedowns was building up my heat through fighting and drinks and then switching to knives and using heat actions to stab them. Though the GOAT move in Yakuza is the Komaki Tiger Drop which is a counter you'll learn training with Komaki.
    with Kiryu i have 3 fighting modes... the first i think was called brawler, then you unlock rush, and the last one is called beast. the beast one i found to be totally unusable. brawler and rush seemed decent. dont know if i'm just supposed to commit to one, or if this is the kind of game im expected to max out all the trees

so far with majima i just have the one basic brawler style one and the weapons one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GOW was amazing. Nier is great so far, but kinda not what I usually play.

Did you pick up Jedi Fallen Order yet?
    probably not gonna pick up any new games for a long time tbh... backlog is still huge. but Fallen Order is on my shortlist of games that i will get at some point, along with TLOU2 and blade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    probably not gonna pick up any new games for a long time tbh... backlog is still huge. but Fallen Order is on my shortlist of games that i will get at some point, along with TLOU2 and blade
    I know this is blasphemy, but I really didn't like TLOU2. I thought it was way too long, and it really interfered with the story. It is a quality game and it looks phenomenal on the PS5, but overall I thought it was a let down compared to TLOU1.

I'd rank Fallen Order way higher, but I'm admittedly a fanboy. If you love star wars, you'll love Fallen Order especially with the PS5 patch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know this is blasphemy, but I really didn't like TLOU2. I thought it was way too long, and it really interfered with the story. It is a quality game and it looks phenomenal on the PS5, but overall I thought it was a let down compared to TLOU1.

I'd rank Fallen Order way higher, but I'm admittedly a fanboy. If you love star wars, you'll love Fallen Order especially with the PS5 patch.
    gonna be even longer till i get a PS5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Blasphemy? Plenty of people absolutely hated LoU2 because of the direction the story took. I'm like the only one on ST who thought it was a masterpiece

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Technically, it's an amazing game. I have no beefs with the looks, game mechanics, etc.

For a game that hinges on story so heavily though, there's some highly questionable story-driven decisions that I hate.

I did not want to play that other character. It would've been ok if it was 10 mins, flashback-style thing, here or there, but when it's half the game, it's not ok. Waited years to play some of these characters again, and one is killed from the get go, the other you only get to play for half the game.

IMVHO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blasphemy? Plenty of people absolutely hated LoU2 because of the direction the story took. I'm like the only one on ST who thought it was a masterpiece
    No I'm right there with you. It's a heavy game with heavy themes, not something people play just to enjoy themselves. Understandably not everyone's cup of tea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Technically, it's an amazing game. I have no beefs with the looks, game mechanics, etc.

For a game that hinges on story so heavily though, there's some highly questionable story-driven decisions that I hate.

I did not want to play that other character. It would've been ok if it was 10 mins, flashback-style thing, here or there, but when it's half the game, it's not ok. Waited years to play some of these characters again, and one is killed from the get go, the other you only get to play for half the game.

IMVHO.
    You’re just upset said other character is more jacked than you’ll ever be

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re just upset said other character is more jacked than you’ll ever be

det killed Joel cuz her mom or dad was an NPC... don't care if she has a , it's bull , and no matter how many hours you want me to play so I 'understand' her point of view, I just wanted sweet revenge.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is weird but do you guys who have a PS5 having any controller issues while playing? I mean physically.

The side of my middle finger is getting shredded because for some reason I’m resting it at the back of the controller, near the bump of the right trigger. The rough surface of the Dual Sense is grating the out of it.

It might just be the current game I’m playing though. The swinging momentum of spider man makes you grip the controller super tight.

Thread Information