Page 79 of 376 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 9386
    what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    i wasn't going to jump into my first playthrough on Grounded ... i want to enjoy the game first. besides, from everything i had read about the game, part of its greatness was the storyline and character arcs. and there's no better way to ruin that than to stall your progression for 2 hours while constantly dying on the same part. i figured Hard is sufficient not to lose my gaming man-card
    oh of course, im just saying, once you beat it you should NG+ it on grounded. not like right after you finish but the next time you feel like playing it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh of course, im just saying, once you beat it you should NG+ it on grounded. not like right after you finish but the next time you feel like playing it

it's gonna be a minute. i literally just got the ps4 a few weeks ago and have a bunch of games i gotta get through, and i'm not in a place where i can game for 20+ hours per week like i did in college

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the last of us is incredible tbh... i've never played a game like this where i feel like my character is perpetually on the brink of death. i just got out of the sewer to escape the hunters... had to get some shuteye after dying against that sniper dude a few times

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My gaming laptop completely crapped out. I've never seen anything like it. Playing skyrim the other day, noticed it was running a little slow so restarted pc and bam. Keeps trying to initiate auto repair but it can't and no recovery options will work. Can't wipe, can't restore, can't even do in the command prompt because it keeps telling me "not enough memory." wtf. This sucks.

Needless to say I said it and upgraded to an actual desktop. Should be here tmw

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CPY just cracked Yakuza 0. Get in here DJR210. It's supposed to be a good port too.

Last edited by baseline bum; 12-11-2018 at 08:23 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CPY just cracked Yakuza 0. Get in here DJR210. It's supposed to be a good port too.

Nice.. I wanted to download it simply for the fact you won't stop talking about it. I'm ordering a new HDD and then I'm gonna take advantage of the sale

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice.. I wanted to download it simply for the fact you won't stop talking about it. I'm ordering a new HDD and then I'm gonna take advantage of the sale
    LOL CPY just cracked Battlefield V.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yerr not my daughter

joel pls

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TLOU is so strange.

- it's always tense. i never know when in can comfortably explore/scavenge cause im worried there's gonna be some around every corner
    - it can be frustrating at times... having to start a section over because i lost my stealth in some stupid way. learning patterns and how to hold off hordes of enemies in some scenes where stealth isn't an option
    - a lot of times i feel like the gameplay isn't THAT fun and i'm more in it so i can advance through the story.

but im pretty sure i'm almost through the game (just finished winter)... and even though i have a new copy of RDR2 waiting for me, i'm sorta itching to play this thing again on grounded. which doesn't seem to make sense given my experience playing it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TLOU is so strange.

- it's always tense. i never know when in can comfortably explore/scavenge cause im worried there's gonna be some around every corner
    - it can be frustrating at times... having to start a section over because i lost my stealth in some stupid way. learning patterns and how to hold off hordes of enemies in some scenes where stealth isn't an option
    - a lot of times i feel like the gameplay isn't THAT fun and i'm more in it so i can advance through the story.

but im pretty sure i'm almost through the game (just finished winter)... and even though i have a new copy of RDR2 waiting for me, i'm sorta itching to play this thing again on grounded. which doesn't seem to make sense given my experience playing it
    A lot of that anxiety will be gone on repeat playthroughs because you'll know which enemies attack at which locations. There is very little variety in that respect, everything is pretty much scripted with little to no spontaneity. If you play the add on, Left Behind, there are some sections with humans and infected together which you can pit against each other.

I'd be interested in your thoughts after you beat it and RDR2. While both are obviously very different games, both have phenomenal storylines. Arthur Morgan is one of the best written protagonists of any game in recent memory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of that anxiety will be gone on repeat playthroughs because you'll know which enemies attack at which locations. There is very little variety in that respect, everything is pretty much scripted with little to no spontaneity. If you play the add on, Left Behind, there are some sections with humans and infected together which you can pit against each other.

I'd be interested in your thoughts after you beat it and RDR2. While both are obviously very different games, both have phenomenal storylines. Arthur Morgan is one of the best written protagonists of any game in recent memory.
    yeah im definitely gonna play Left Behind. came with the remastered version.

probably will play RDR2 right after, though, and then come back and play grounded another time. im eager to get through my library. most notably, still have horizon and god of war i have to get to...

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    finally got the new pc. i went with an HP omen 870-224, i7-7700, 16gb RAM, 1TB HD (need to get a SSD at some point), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1070. defs better than my laptop but now i think the TV im using as a screen (waiting on my DVI to VGA adapater for the actual monitor) is too old to keep up with the framerate. but really enjoying it so far. i really like my Acer Nitro but this things s on it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    finally got the new pc. i went with an HP omen 870-224, i7-7700, 16gb RAM, 1TB HD (need to get a SSD at some point), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1070. defs better than my laptop but now i think the TV im using as a screen (waiting on my DVI to VGA adapater for the actual monitor) is too old to keep up with the framerate. but really enjoying it so far. i really like my Acer Nitro but this things s on it
    Why not run a long HDMI cable from the gpu and make the TV your second screen? That's what I do so I can use my TV for controller games and my monitor for mouse and keyboard ones, as well as normal computer usage. Only thing that's kind of annoying is having to set the TV as my main monitor when I want to run an old game that doesn't support being launched on a secondary screen. And switching the sound to come from the stereo hooked to my TV instead of the 2+1 system I have hooked to my PC. But it's awesome setting it up like that to get the console experience with PC graphics and framerate. If you're trying to output a 1080p 60Hz signal you can do a run of up to about 30 feet with a decent HDMI cable without needing any kind of repeater. And you're not doing 4k60 on a 1070 anyways.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 12-13-2018 at 10:28 PM.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Why not run a long HDMI cable from the gpu and make the TV your second screen? That's what I do so I can use my TV for controller games and my monitor for mouse and keyboard ones, as well as normal computer usage. Only thing that's kind of annoying is having to set the TV as my main monitor when I want to run an old game that doesn't support being launched on a secondary screen. And switching the sound to come from the stereo hooked to my TV instead of the 2+1 system I have hooked to my PC. But it's awesome setting it up like that to get the console experience with PC graphics and framerate. If you're trying to output a 1080p 60Hz signal you can do a run of up to about 30 feet with a decent HDMI cable without needing any kind of repeater. And you're not doing 4k60 on a 1070 anyways.
    i tried to do that as there are two additional HDMI ports on the back but they wouldnt worked, so i looked on hp's support forum and apparently if the GPU is enabled you can only use the HDMI cable port located on it and the other two are essentially useless

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming...I/td-p/6145715

unless i'm re ed and reading this incorrectly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i tried to do that as there are two additional HDMI ports on the back but they wouldnt worked, so i looked on hp's support forum and apparently if the GPU is enabled you can only use the HDMI cable port located on it and the other two are essentially useless

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming...I/td-p/6145715

unless i'm re ed and reading this incorrectly
    You can't use the ports on the gpu? That doesn't make any sense. I have never heard of using the ports connected to the motherboard for outputting from the gpu. Make sure to run Firestrike and ensure you're using the gpu and not the integrated graphics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah im definitely gonna play Left Behind. came with the remastered version.

probably will play RDR2 right after, though, and then come back and play grounded another time. im eager to get through my library. most notably, still have horizon and god of war i have to get to...
    Bloodborne Complete Edition is $13.99 in the current PSN Christmas sale. Best game by far on the PS4. , best game released in the last 25 years. There has never been a game with combat this interesting and challenging and it absolutely nails this brutal gothic atmosphere where everyone treats you like a piece of . It's such a refreshing change of pace to have boss fights that are really difficult not because the enemy has a huge health bar and can be a bullet sponge but because he's agile or has a long reach or uses the environment intelligently. It's hard but never cheap and even if you're leveled up to 100 you can easily still be killed by random enemies if you get sloppy.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...OODBORNECOMPLE

Plus the included DLC is amazing too. One of the best DLC I have ever played thanks to a couple of memorable boss fights. This would be a bargain at $100 IMO much less for $14 and I would buy a PS4 even if this was the only good game on it. There has never been a game that better bridged the challenge and sense of accomplishment you got from the games of the 8-bit NES era with the immersive settings and freedom of exploration that defines modern open world games.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 12-14-2018 at 11:14 PM.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    You can't use the ports on the gpu? That doesn't make any sense. I have never heard of using the ports connected to the motherboard for outputting from the gpu. Make sure to run Firestrike and ensure you're using the gpu and not the integrated graphics.
    i couldnt figure it out and based on my reading im not the only having that issue. but i already got the dvi/vga adapter so now im running on two screens so its all good now

this pc is pretty awesome. before i could play a lot of oldish games at ultra and newer ones on high, depending on the le, but now every game ive played has defaulted to ultra settings at start. feels good man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i couldnt figure it out and based on my reading im not the only having that issue. but i already got the dvi/vga adapter so now im running on two screens so its all good now

this pc is pretty awesome. before i could play a lot of oldish games at ultra and newer ones on high, depending on the le, but now every game ive played has defaulted to ultra settings at start. feels good man
    Yeah 1070 is a of a gpu. Massive upgrade over a 1050 Ti. Probably talking almost 2.5x more powerful for a full fat desktop 1070 vs a 1050 Ti in a laptop enclosure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You gotta get a 144hz monitor.. makes such a big difference

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You gotta get a 144hz monitor.. makes such a big difference
    Gotta be GSync though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bloodborne Complete Edition is $13.99 in the current PSN Christmas sale. Best game by far on the PS4. , best game released in the last 25 years. There has never been a game with combat this interesting and challenging and it absolutely nails this brutal gothic atmosphere where everyone treats you like a piece of . It's such a refreshing change of pace to have boss fights that are really difficult not because the enemy has a huge health bar and can be a bullet sponge but because he's agile or has a long reach or uses the environment intelligently. It's hard but never cheap and even if you're leveled up to 100 you can easily still be killed by random enemies if you get sloppy.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...OODBORNECOMPLE

Plus the included DLC is amazing too. One of the best DLC I have ever played thanks to a couple of memorable boss fights. This would be a bargain at $100 IMO much less for $14 and I would buy a PS4 even if this was the only good game on it. There has never been a game that better bridged the challenge and sense of accomplishment you got from the games of the 8-bit NES era with the immersive settings and freedom of exploration that defines modern open world games.
    i know you have a burning passion for this game , but tbh i was never that big into rpg's. and i know there are shades of grey between action/adventure games and RPG's. basically outside of fallout dno anything i've played to date that really classifies as an rpg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i know you have a burning passion for this game , but tbh i was never that big into rpg's. and i know there are shades of grey between action/adventure games and RPG's. basically outside of fallout dno anything i've played to date that really classifies as an rpg
    It's honestly more action than RPG IMO. The focus of the game is mostly combat, not stat building. What really makes the game great is the airtight control that makes executing your combat strategies straightforward. Check a couple of video reviews of it if you haven't. I guess it's not a game for everyone and I only bought it because it was cheap and when I got my PS4 the exclusive lineup was lousy. I expected to not like it but bought it anyways since it was only $20 and an exclusive. Within a couple of hours I could tell it was going to be my game of the decade. It has one of the best first levels I have ever seen in gaming though it is a of a weed out (like the gaming version of CS31 ).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bloodborne is a grinder. You have to be in the mood for those kind of games, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I've taken a look at it several times just because BB pimps it so hard, but it just doesn't look like something I'd enjoy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BB is an action game. Imo, its a revolutionary game. I cant think of a game in the past thats just as polish in combat. Its everything what every action\combat has ever dreamed off.

Sure Dark souls and Demon Souls came first but BB was a tier above.

Only other game that I can think off thats up there with BB in Combat is GOW.

Thread Information