Page 146 of 376 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 9381
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, the melee is button mashey. It can really benefit from a chaining system of some type, since often enemies are clustered together, ex, hit them with a freeze bomb, run in/drop down and smoothly take them out, like Arkham/Assassins Creed. Then if you successfully pull off whatever combo number, you get increased resources or something. Traps and the Tripcaster are a lot fun.

Playing on very hard.
    i played it a couple months ago for my first time. played on very hard as well. didnt feel imbalanced at all, except in the very early going. even going through a small group of scrappers was giving me fits in the very early going.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have different ratings standards. These journos and the like give out 9s like candy. 9 and above should be reserved for all-time great games. Only 10 hours in, but my issues so far: Button mashey melee combat, camera can get stuck behind , cut scenes too long (though, you can skip them), side missions are fetch quests. Main combat is fun. It's enjoyable to scout out, say, an area of Firebellows and devise a plan to take them out using a combination of traps, tripwire, stealth, and straight up firepower, but battles often descend against the stronger enemies into repeating hit and run tactics over and over. There's just much more potential here. It would be cool if you could turn an overridden Strider into a "Jihad Jeep." Load it up with bombs and then run into it into a big enemy.

Playing on very hard.

Note: These are first impressions and not major complaints by any means.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i played it a couple months ago for my first time. played on very hard as well. didnt feel imbalanced at all, except in the very early going. even going through a small group of scrappers was giving me fits in the very early going.
    Do you mean unbalanced in meaning unfair? I wasn't suggesting that, since the game wants you to and rewards you for playing smartly, especially against stronger enemies. I would've just liked to see a more comprehensive melee system where you can pull off combinations of some kind (and they should be "difficult" to execute. A. Creed series melee combo system basically plays itself). Like if you're above a couple of Watchers who are a few feet apart, you can drop kill the first and then roll into a one hit melee kill if you time it correctly.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    HZD is a really good game but i can see why someone may rate it a 7/10. i'd give it a 8/10 personally. it pales in comparison to the witcher 3 tbh

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have different ratings standards. These journos and the like give out 9s like candy. 9 and above should be reserved for all-time great games. Only 10 hours in, but my issues so far: Button mashey melee combat, camera can get stuck behind , cut scenes too long (though, you can skip them), side missions are fetch quests. Main combat is fun. It's enjoyable to scout out, say, an area of Firebellows and devise a plan to take them out using a combination of traps, tripwire, stealth, and straight up firepower, but battles often descend against the stronger enemies into repeating hit and run tactics over and over. There's just much more potential here. It would be cool if you could turn an overridden Strider into a "Jihad Jeep." Load it up with bombs and then run into it into a big enemy.

Playing on very hard.

Note: These are first impressions and not major complaints by any means.
    Curious what your 10/10 games are. Of everything I have ever played my 10/10 games are

1. Super Mario Bros (NES)
    2. Shinobi (Arcade)
    3. Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
    4. Half Life (PC)
    5. Fallout 2 (PC)
    6. Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne (PS2)
    7. Skyrim (PC)
    8. Bloodborne (PS4)
    9. NieR Automata (PC)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curious what your 10/10 games are. Of everything I have ever played my 10/10 games are

2. Shinobi (Arcade)
    4. Half Life (PC)
    5. Fallout 2 (PC)
    7. Skyrim (PC)
    8. Bloodborne (PS4)
    9. NieR Automata (PC)
    I like dividing by genre since an rpg and a shmup are obviously out to provide different game play experiences. Off the top of my head:

RPG (I don't have much experience with the genre): Panzer Dragoon Saga, the Witcher 2, Dragon Age: Origins.

Action Adventure: The Guardian Legend, Metroid Prime, Ocarina.

2d beat em up: Streets of Rage 2 (I played a lot of arcade beat em ups, too, and they're too mashey and spastic. SOR2's pace and design just feels right).

3d beat em up: Ninja Gaiden (xbox), Godhand.

FPS: Rainbow Six Original, Battlefield Bad Company 2 for multiplayer.

Turn based strategy: Medieval: Total War.

RTS: Command and Conquer, Homeworld: Cataclysm

Stealth: Hitman: Blood Money, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow.

Action Platformer: Metalstorm, Revenge of Shinobi.

3D platformer: Mirror's Edge

Sandbox: Infamous, Just Cause 2.

Shmup: Lords of Thunder, Gradius 2, Panzer Dragoon Orta for 3d shmups.

Racing: Forza 2, Wipeout XL

Arcade (scoring): Pengo, Defender, Centipede

Fighting: Virtua Fighter 2, Street Fighter Alpha 2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HZD is a really good game but i can see why someone may rate it a 7/10. i'd give it a 8/10 personally. it pales in comparison to the witcher 3 tbh
    Indeed. 7/10 is really good. Since review sites and such basically rate any Triple A game above 8, people now think 7/10 is a "pan."

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indeed. 7/10 is really good. Since review sites and such basically rate any Triple A game above 8, people now think 7/10 is a "pan."
    LOL at Jim Sterling's site getting DDOS'ed for giving Breath of the Wild a 7/10 when he said he enjoyed the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mid you should play infamous 2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mid should play sekiro since he likes skill based difficulty so much

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mid you should play infamous 2
    Played the whole series. Infamous 1 remains more in my memory, since it was a completely different take on the sandbox genre at the time, that had actual gameplay and level/set piece design rather than just running around killing hookers and cops.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL at Jim Sterling's site getting DDOS'ed for giving Breath of the Wild a 7/10 when he said he enjoyed the game.
    Really . The modern review sites have conditioned gamers to think if a game gets below like an 8.5, it's not a good game. 7 out of 10 is two full points above average.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mid should play sekiro since he likes skill based difficulty so much
    On the to buy list this Summer when it hits like 9.99 during a Steam Summer Sale. Oh, and what other kind of difficulty should a "game" be based around . (Skill can also mean strategic thinking, logical thinking, etc). I don't envy game designers, though. Finding a balanced learning curve that is "just right" for all players is a task. And the difficulty settings often don't work as intended. The lower ones make the game brain dead easy, while the higher ones just turn enemies into bullet sponges, so it doesn't force you into learning the game's system any more comprehensively, just forces you to be more patient in battles.
    Last edited by midnightpulp; 06-19-2019 at 10:46 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

2. Shinobi (Arcade)
    4. Half Life (PC)
    5. Fallout 2 (PC)
    7. Skyrim (PC)
    8. Bloodborne (PS4)
    9. NieR Automata (PC)
    Have this, too. What has put me off of it is fear of needing a guide, since I've read you need certain loadouts/build up specific skill attributes to succeed. Not sure how true how that is, but I don't want to get 30 hours in and then discover I allocated my skillpoints "wrong." And don't want to use a guide for obvious reasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the to buy list this Summer when it hits like 9.99 during a Steam Summer Sale. Oh, and what other kind of difficulty should a "game" be based around . (Skill can also mean strategic thinking, logical thinking, etc). I don't envy game designers, though. Finding a balanced learning curve that is "just right" for all players is a task. And the difficulty settings often don't work as intended. The lower ones make the game brain dead easy, while the higher ones just turn enemies into bullet sponges, so it doesn't force you into learning the game's system any more comprehensively, just forces you to be more patient in battles.
    I forgot to ad "".

Modern game difficulty is still skill based.

Im just saying sekiro is the kind of game youd consider all "skill"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I forgot to ad "".

Modern game difficulty is still skill based.

Im just saying sekiro is the kind of game youd consider all "skill"
    Sure. But some games have steeper learning curves and more rewarding gameplay than others. I'll take Zero Dawn, an open world game, as you know It at least has a system to learn and load outs to consider, whereas an open world game like GTA is pretty shallow and is really more about exploration, atmosphere (the radio stations, meticulously designed cities, etc), and story/characters. And that's fine. The latter is just to veg out to and cause havoc while driving around and wrecking .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really . The modern review sites have conditioned gamers to think if a game gets below like an 8.5, it's not a good game. 7 out of 10 is two full points above average.
    Rating a game on a scale of 10 and giving it a 7 is not sayig much about the game, imo.

It's like if you rate a game on a 5 star system and giving it a 2. That's around average to me.

I would have figured Horizon is a game right up your alley. It's not super complex, everything is pretty much straight forward gameplay wise.

For example, a game like the Witcher 3 which is amazing in all facets of what a game should be, it's highly complex and definitely gives you a headache in terms of what direction you want to go and build your skill tree in. It mostly locks you into a branch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rating a game on a scale of 10 and giving it a 7 is not sayig much about the game, imo.

It's like if you rate a game on a 5 star system and giving it a 2. That's around average to me.

I would have figured Horizon is a game right up your alley. It's not super complex, everything is pretty much straight forward gameplay wise.

For example, a game like the Witcher 3 which is amazing in all facets of what a game should be, it's highly complex and definitely gives you a headache in terms of what direction you want to go and build your skill tree in. It mostly locks you into a branch.
    I hate witcher 3 combat. I can see why people liked it as a game overall. Pretty complex rpg elements.

Horizon is a 9/10 for me though.

I tend to grade new IPS differently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually agree with..In theory you're 100% correct.

But it wont be fair to give HZD a 7 if you are a reviewer with influence because of how inflated scores are.

I think all dem call of duty scores inflated everything. Nowadys a 7/10 in the eyes of most consumers is a bad game.

HZD by the correct standard is a 7-8 game.

By todays media standard it is at worst a 9/10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

your math skills are pretty tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    your math skills are pretty tbh
    I mean hes probably just giving us a general grading scale.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean hes probably just giving us a general grading scale.
    and on his general grading scale a 70% is the same as 40%

maybe reck and chris can go to summer school together to learn their fractions and percentages

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and on his general grading scale a 70% is the same as 40%

maybe reck and chris can go to summer school together to learn their fractions and percentages
    Except most games get a generic rating of 7 just because the critics dont give to much of a . Math has little to do with this so get the outta here with your cheap shots, got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except most games get a generic rating of 7 just because the critics dont give to much of a . Math has little to do with this so get the outta here with your cheap shots, got.
    who cares about generic ratings when mid already specifically explained his scoring scale with a 7 being 2 grades above average

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arguing aside,

It seems like Last of us 2, Ghost of thusishima, and Death Stranding are all Q4 games.

Loaded lineup tbh.

Havent played anything since sekiro.

Thread Information