Page 141 of 376 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,525 of 9381
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gradius II. Kicking my ass. Seems much harder than Gradius I.
    I always thought Gradius > R-Type

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted to get Rage 2 but I heard it's basically Fallout 76: New Dawn supposedly the open world is empty and there's only like 8 missions. I heard the actual gun play is legit though
    It was cracked like 8 seconds after release.. go get it. Games are so enjoyable when there's no buyers remorse to take into consideration

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always thought Gradius > R-Type
    Both are great for their own reasons. R-Type is a bit slower paced and tactical. Ever play Gradius II? I don't think I'm Japanese enough for this game. I can no death about half the game, but always take some stupid death, lose my power-ups, and it's GG. Can get to the last level, but have to continue about 6 thousand times, and if you're not powered up there, forget about it. Wonder if BaselineBum's 1/4th Jap side beat this monster (and legend is Gradius 3 Arcade is about impossible).

That said, the game is fair. Just mercilessly punishes you for mistakes.

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing Team Sonic Racing. Meh...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing Rage 2. It's fine; feels like a mix of Fallout, Doom, and the Borderlands games but just not as good. I've played like 3 hours already and I'm having fun but it's not blowing me away.
    The sad thing is that that should be a formula for awesome. But if it's just a pale imitation of the three, that sucks :/

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both are great for their own reasons. R-Type is a bit slower paced and tactical. Ever play Gradius II? I don't think I'm Japanese enough for this game. I can no death about half the game, but always take some stupid death, lose my power-ups, and it's GG. Can get to the last level, but have to continue about 6 thousand times, and if you're not powered up there, forget about it. Wonder if BaselineBum's 1/4th Jap side beat this monster (and legend is Gradius 3 Arcade is about impossible).

That said, the game is fair. Just mercilessly punishes you for mistakes.
    I'm terrible at shooters. I still like them though. Was just playing the Dreamcast classic Ikaruga on Switch the other day. Damn that game is killer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm terrible at shooters. I still like them though. Was just playing the Dreamcast classic Ikaruga on Switch the other day. Damn that game is killer.
    Yeah, I need to revisit it. Have the Xbox Live version and just lazily credit fed through it the first time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/...ion_store_sale

pretty nice sale going on right now on the playstation store... bioshock collection for $14.39... witcher 3 complete edition for $14.99 (those full discounts only apply for PS+ users). i'm getting those 2 at those prices.

a good breakdown of all the games/prices can be found here

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4Deals/co...iscounts_sale/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/...ion_store_sale

pretty nice sale going on right now on the playstation store... bioshock collection for $14.39... witcher 3 complete edition for $14.99 (those full discounts only apply for PS+ users). i'm getting those 2 at those prices.

a good breakdown of all the games/prices can be found here

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4Deals/co...iscounts_sale/
    Double Discounts are sales they usually do right before or right after a really good sale, putting the regular "good sale" price as the PS Plus price. For instance, the Days of Play sale is coming soon, probably June 9th - 15th but possibly starting Sunday on the 2nd. PS Store usually does a good E3 sale but since they're probably folding that into Days of Play since they're not going to E3 this year. The really big PS Store Summer Sale though comes in late June to early July in the MidYear Sale. Sometimes the Midyear Sale is even better than the Black Friday Sale.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Double Discounts are sales they usually do right before or right after a really good sale, putting the regular "good sale" price as the PS Plus price. For instance, the Days of Play sale is coming soon, probably June 9th - 15th but possibly starting Sunday on the 2nd. PS Store usually does a good E3 sale but since they're probably folding that into Days of Play since they're not going to E3 this year. The really big PS Store Summer Sale though comes in late June to early July in the MidYear Sale. Sometimes the Midyear Sale is even better than the Black Friday Sale.
    you think i'll get a better deal than $14.39 for bioshock collection or $14.99 for witcher 3 complete?

those are the only ones i'm particularly interested from the current selection. not only would those keep me occupied for a good amount of time (particularly skyrim), i still have fallout 4 (base edition, though, no DLC) and MGS V on my current backlog which both figure to be fairly long games. thats not including some random 10-12 hour games i have.

buddy of mine also has UC4 and all the assassins creed games, which he's gonna lend the discs for when i needem

other games that i generally have on my mind that i'll wait for good deals would be: dark souls trilogy, bloodborne, nier automata, skyrim, yakuza 0, arkham knight, blade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you think i'll get a better deal than $14.39 for bioshock collection or $14.99 for witcher 3 complete?
    If you have PS Plus might as well go for it. Both are amazing collections.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Days of Play Sale is June 7th-17th. PS4 Slim is $299 but some special edition crap, but PS4 Pro drops to $349 for those 11 days. Any one who buys a PS4 Slim over the Pro in this upcoming sale is a re .

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019...d-edition-ps4/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you have PS Plus might as well go for it. Both are amazing collections.
    i wrote some time ago about the account arrangement i have. so i have access to my cousins library with ps+. basically just making the purchase for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Days of Play Sale is June 7th-17th. PS4 Slim is $299 but some special edition crap, but PS4 Pro drops to $349 for those 11 days. Any one who buys a PS4 Slim over the Pro in this upcoming sale is a re .

woah, they're dropping days gone/spiderman to $20... would just be gambling that witcher 3 (complete) and bioshock collection will have similar deals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i wrote some time ago about the account arrangement i have. so i have access to my cousins library with ps+. basically just making the purchase for him.
    You'd be buying on his account? In that case I think only his PS4 would be able to play the games without an internet connection. Whereas you would have to phone home to Sony to play those I think [and probably only when he isn't playing the same game]. Whereas buying on your account you'd have offline access on your PS4 that's set as the main system for the account and would have first dibs on the game on gameshare. I think, probably best to double check with PSN support.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    woah, they're dropping days gone/spiderman to $20... would just be gambling that witcher 3 (complete) and bioshock collection will have similar deals
    Damn Spiderman for $20 is going to be a must buy. Days Gone I'll probably wait for a complete edition like you suggest here for new games. Wish I would have done that with Horizon Zero Dawn since the DLC looks amazing but I don't want to start a big game over to play it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'd be buying on his account? In that case I think only his PS4 would be able to play the games without an internet connection. Whereas you would have to phone home to Sony to play those I think [and probably only when he isn't playing the same game]. Whereas buying on your account you'd have offline access on your PS4 that's set as the main system for the account and would have first dibs on the game on gameshare. I think, probably best to double check with PSN support.
    i've had this system in place for a while, and its been fine.

essentially, he has his PSN account and I have mine. but the console in my home is registered as the "primary ps4" for his account and vice versa. i still log into my account, though, and he does the same.

every account on a ps4 has access (even offline) to the "primary" user's digital library. so even when i log into my own account, i have access to his digital library. however, because my account's primary ps4 is not in my home, i only have online access to digital games that i purchased under my account. as long as i have an internet connection, i'm good to go. my cousin already had PS+, so its no skin off his back. i could just as easily buy the games under my own account and have online access to them. but i just wouldnt qualify for the full sale price.

so long story short, yes, i need an internet connection to access games that have been purchased under my own account. but i dont mind that. neither does he.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Damn Spiderman for $20 is going to be a must buy. Days Gone I'll probably wait for a complete edition like you suggest here for new games. Wish I would have done that with Horizon Zero Dawn since the DLC looks amazing but I don't want to start a big game over to play it.
    just makes last black friday's $200 deal for 1 TB slim + spiderman look better and better tbh...

and yeah horizon's DLC was pretty good. glad you recommended that to me. i got the complete edition for $10 at gamestop on black friday

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just makes last black friday's $200 deal for 1 TB slim + spiderman look better and better tbh...

and yeah horizon's DLC was pretty good. glad you recommended that to me. i got the complete edition for $10 at gamestop on black friday
    I wonder if they'll do a $199 Death Stranding bundle this Black Friday. Though maybe orange hitler's tariffs will kill that off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if they'll do a $199 Death Stranding bundle this Black Friday. Though maybe orange hitler's tariffs will kill that off.
    i doubt it. death stranding comes out like 2 weeks before black friday. spiderman had been out for a couple of months.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still waiting for the inevitable last minute Kojima delay.

Looked at Layers of Fear 2 but the game is getting on pretty badly. Oh well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still working on Gradius 2 and channeling my inner Jap. Can 1cc until the final level, which is a goddamn . Can only beat that level save stating a key points. Great in' game overall, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still working on Gradius 2 and channeling my inner Jap. Can 1cc until the final level, which is a goddamn . Can only beat that level save stating a key points. Great in' game overall, though.
    お前は日本人じゃないです。ルオル。

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    お前は日本人じゃないです。ルオル。
    Wish I could speak the language so I could import Sega Saturn games. Sega left a lot of great games over there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wish I could speak the language so I could import Sega Saturn games. Sega left a lot of great games over there.
    Yeah but you like shooters, platformers, and action games, right? How much do you have to know how to read for them? Even something like Princess Crown you could probably get by on google translate for the text. Now if you want to play RPG then yeah, learn the 2200 jouyou kanji, all the particles and how they make up the grammar, as well as maybe 6000 vocabulary in a mix of kanji, hiragana, and katakana (three ing writing systems that are absolutely critical for reading). These days it's reasonably doable with mnemonics and SRS though.

Thread Information