Page 327 of 376 FirstFirst ... 227277317323324325326327328329330331337 ... LastLast
Results 8,151 to 8,175 of 9381
    Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    did anyone get the evil dead game? and is it any good?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    did anyone get the evil dead game? and is it any good?
    Isn’t this a carbon copy of what Friday The 13th was?

These type of games are lame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those games can be fun if you actually have a group of friends you regularly game with online. If you're a solo gamer those Dead by Daylight type games are meh

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those games can be fun if you actually have a group of friends you regularly game with online. If you're a solo gamer those Dead by Daylight type games are meh
    Hey man, what system did you play Dying Light 2 on? On PS5 the main quest was super buggy, just filled with places where progression would break and you'd get stuck, and have to back out and reload a save. Made me drop the game to a 5/10 and have no interest in any DLC for this broken piece of . Was fun exploring the world for inhibitors but the mission s and combat were trash. And that fight against Waltz is one of the tiest final bossfights I can remember.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey man, what system did you play Dying Light 2 on? On PS5 the main quest was super buggy, just filled with places where progression would break and you'd get stuck, and have to back out and reload a save. Made me drop the game to a 5/10 and have no interest in any DLC for this broken piece of . Was fun exploring the world for inhibitors but the mission s and combat were trash. And that fight against Waltz is one of the tiest final bossfights I can remember.
    I played in on the series X. I was lucky I guess because i didn't really experience any bugs except for an audio related one a few times. And I agree that final boss fight sucked. i was enjoying the game up until the last 3/4 or so and it felt like a huge chore to finish after awhile

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I played in on the series X. I was lucky I guess because i didn't really experience any bugs except for an audio related one a few times. And I agree that final boss fight sucked. i was enjoying the game up until the last 3/4 or so and it felt like a huge chore to finish after awhile
    Figured would be on XBox or PC since you liked the game and a developer like Techland who cares way more about PC than console would make a game that runs way better on DirectX. But on PS5 literally every third quest in the main questline would have some bug that would break progression and require a reset. For instance, when I was supposed to be getting the GRE key I couldn't talk to the NPC in the subway who was supposed to give it to me because it said there were enemies around even though the area was cleared out, so had to quit out and reload. In the quest where you're supposed to follow Hakon to the hospital he didn't spawn so had to back out and reload. The quest right after you fought Hakon in the church and are in a trapped room with only one door you can use to get out wouldn't let me use the door because apparently a chase had started and can't open the door when there are enemies around. Back out and reload save. Tried to clear out one of the vaccination centers and a howler spawned offscreen so I couldn't fight it but it could still call virals to swarm me every two seconds. Back out and reload save. All kinds of quests someone wouldn't spawn or a door I had to go through couldn't be used because it said there were enemies around even though everything was dead or something wouldn't render and I'd fall through a hole in the map and it happened over and over. Even the X13 quest in the cutscene where my driver got shot with arrows and drove me into a wall the cutscene just went black the whole time after. Reload and it did it again. So many times I'd get stuck on a quest and have to go pull up a walkthrough on youtube to make sure that no I didn't something up, it was some random bug that made the quest non-doable. That would be inexcusable on Day 1 but JFC 3 1/2 months after launch to see the game that broken still is something.

Also agreed the grappling hook was trash in the game. So frustrating to use I just said doing that final radio tower in the southeast end of the map and just looked up where the inhibitors were there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any of you guys played the Sniper Elite series? 5th game is coming out in a few days, the kills looks cool and gameplay seems simple enough so I’m thinking of getting that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is true for a lot of games that many solo players don't even give thought to playing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any of you guys played the Sniper Elite series? 5th game is coming out in a few days, the kills looks cool and gameplay seems simple enough so I’m thinking of getting that.
    I've played all of them. I wanted more of a pure stalk and shoot game and was disappointed in the ballistics scenes somewhat but still a good play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Figured would be on XBox or PC since you liked the game and a developer like Techland who cares way more about PC than console would make a game that runs way better on DirectX. But on PS5 literally every third quest in the main questline would have some bug that would break progression and require a reset. For instance, when I was supposed to be getting the GRE key I couldn't talk to the NPC in the subway who was supposed to give it to me because it said there were enemies around even though the area was cleared out, so had to quit out and reload. In the quest where you're supposed to follow Hakon to the hospital he didn't spawn so had to back out and reload. The quest right after you fought Hakon in the church and are in a trapped room with only one door you can use to get out wouldn't let me use the door because apparently a chase had started and can't open the door when there are enemies around. Back out and reload save. Tried to clear out one of the vaccination centers and a howler spawned offscreen so I couldn't fight it but it could still call virals to swarm me every two seconds. Back out and reload save. All kinds of quests someone wouldn't spawn or a door I had to go through couldn't be used because it said there were enemies around even though everything was dead or something wouldn't render and I'd fall through a hole in the map and it happened over and over. Even the X13 quest in the cutscene where my driver got shot with arrows and drove me into a wall the cutscene just went black the whole time after. Reload and it did it again. So many times I'd get stuck on a quest and have to go pull up a walkthrough on youtube to make sure that no I didn't something up, it was some random bug that made the quest non-doable. That would be inexcusable on Day 1 but JFC 3 1/2 months after launch to see the game that broken still is something.

Also agreed the grappling hook was trash in the game. So frustrating to use I just said doing that final radio tower in the southeast end of the map and just looked up where the inhibitors were there.
    Wow that sucks. I'm surprised you even finished it dealing with all that bull . i would have just given up

DL2 was definitely a let down. it was okay, maybe a 6.5/10. did not live up at all to its predecessor though which is unfortunate since it was one of my favorite games of the last gen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow that sucks. I'm surprised you even finished it dealing with all that bull . i would have just given up

DL2 was definitely a let down. it was okay, maybe a 6.5/10. did not live up at all to its predecessor though which is unfortunate since it was one of my favorite games of the last gen
    That's about where I'd rate it without the bugs, but with them it was a 5/10 on PS5 IMO. I forgot another ridiculous bug I had happen twice: once while clearing out a bandit camp all the enemies just disappeared at once and then once while clearing out a subway station all the bandits again disappeared. POS game on PS5, heard it's even worse on PS4.

And yeah DL1 was incredible, I'd put it 9.5/10. I played it at launch on PC and was slow the first couple of hours but then combat got awesome once you were leveled up enough to start finding swords and sickles that could chop heads and limbs off. In DL2 I could only get those violent animations once I was getting level 6 and up weapons and by that time you're getting kind of late in the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i know games being bigger has a lot to do with it, but its really striking to see how buggy games can be these days even when released by huge studios. and even well past release. cod warzone was insanely buggy when i started playing around november/december, and this is a le that launched in early 2020. after months and months they slowly chipped away at the various bugs to the point where the game has actually been in a really good place for the last 2 months or so. but its insane to me that a massive company could have a game out in that condition for such a prolonged period of time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i know games being bigger has a lot to do with it, but its really striking to see how buggy games can be these days even when released by huge studios. and even well past release. cod warzone was insanely buggy when i started playing around november/december, and this is a le that launched in early 2020. after months and months they slowly chipped away at the various bugs to the point where the game has actually been in a really good place for the last 2 months or so. but its insane to me that a massive company could have a game out in that condition for such a prolonged period of time.
    I wonder if it's not more about the newer tools, kits and engines they use these days that is mostly to blame.

Games like Grand Theft Auto 3 and San Andreas were pretty big games by PS2 era standards and those games ran close to flawless in my opinion.

For comparison, the same company that released said games ended up releasing such a piece of remaster versions last year that even the current gen couldn't run it right. Granted the games were given to a third party studio to work and polish but still unacceptable.

Something to think about. Maybe we're giving up perfomance for graphic fidelity..and in some cases both.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the loss in IQ from the developers due to long COVID

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I finally beat Skyrim recently after starting it on every console and never finishing it gotta say the resolution of the civil war questline and the main quest were pretty anticlimactic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, the game is a lot of fun and has been the leader of the two main sniper franchises.. However that last Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 is ing sick.. They finally got it right with that one, blowing heads off is extremely graphic and satisfying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if it's not more about the newer tools, kits and engines they use these days that is mostly to blame.

Games like Grand Theft Auto 3 and San Andreas were pretty big games by PS2 era standards and those games ran close to flawless in my opinion.

For comparison, the same company that released said games ended up releasing such a piece of remaster versions last year that even the current gen couldn't run it right. Granted the games were given to a third party studio to work and polish but still unacceptable.

Something to think about. Maybe we're giving up perfomance for graphic fidelity..and in some cases both.
    Man those GTA games ran like on PS2. Playing on a small CRT TV really hid it well, but I couldn't believe how badly Vice City ran when I fired up my PS2 on my TV over component. Most PS2 games look pretty good over component on a modern TV, though definitely not as good as on an old school CRT TV over component. But the sharpness of modern TV pictures does no favors for GTA Vice City and its 20-25 fps performance on PS2. Not defending those mobile port remasters, those are garbage, but bust out your real PS2 and connect it to a modern TV and you'll see you're remembering the games with rose colored glasses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still ing around with RDR2 on PC. Hilarious how characters look around the table after raking a 20c pot

Reminds me of some of the "gotheem" posts on this site. Plus, Christ, how many police officers does a small town have?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have it on my series X so it's not a graphical issue or anything, the graphics are just not up to par for a current gen game. The combat is definitely it's redeeming quality though. But constantly picking up new armor and swords and switching between loot got really tiresome
    The game throws a lot of loot at you, but you can dismantle it in the smithy between missions or send it to the storage locker. Playing with friends is a blast and sometimes essential for some bosses since the AI likes to take the piss.

This is essentially Final Fantasy 0 story wise considering it takes place in the original world of Final Fantasy 1. The soundtrack is top notch as well remixing old classics. I'm at 30 hours and it looks like I'm at about 25% progress.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    playing Metroid Dread right now. don't play these games often but figured I needed to mix it up and dust off the switch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Epic Game Store has the Bioshock Collection with complete versions of all three games for free on PoorC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neat. Are they worth playing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neat. Are they worth playing?
    Bioshock Infinite is probably my third favorite FPS ever made, behind Half Life 1 & 2, and Bioshock 1 is probably only behind those three and the two Portal games for me in the FPS genre. Assuming you don't count Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 3 as FPS. Though maybe Portal should be thought of as more a puzzle game than an FPS, in which case my top 5 fps would probably go:

1. Half Life
    2. Half Life 2
    3. Bioshock Infinite
    4. Bioshock
    5. Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I finally beat Skyrim
    NERD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bioshock Infinite is probably my third favorite FPS ever made, behind Half Life 1 & 2, and Bioshock 1 is probably only behind those three and the two Portal games for me in the FPS genre. Assuming you don't count Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 3 as FPS. Though maybe Portal should be thought of as more a puzzle game than an FPS, in which case my top 5 fps would probably go:

1. Half Life
    2. Half Life 2
    3. Bioshock Infinite
    4. Bioshock
    5. Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
    No Halo? Doom? Gears?

Thread Information