Page 138 of 376 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 9381
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    after having finished horizon, i started uncharted 3. basically same thoughts as above. i dont see the uncharted series as a "great" one so far, imho. but from what i've seen i think i'd enjoy uncharted 4 more than the others, when i eventually get there. i dont think 3 or 2 feel any different than uncharted 1. the shooting feels the same. stealth is marginally better in 2 and 3. the climbing isn't all that great tbh ... find a yellow pipe or a dark red brick. the climbing is barely any different than god of war, which threw it in there as an afterthought ... its a generic 3rd person cover shooter which isn't all that to write about.

still a decently fun game to play... but dont understand the hype of uncharted 1-3 defining the ps3 generation or anything like that.
    It's because you started playing them 10 years after the first came out and you're playing a far superior version in the remake. There is massive improvements from Uncharted 1 to 2 from the original. It's quite backwards actually. Not much difference from 2 to 3.

By that point, Naughty Dog reached their peak with their engine and finally knew how to work the PS3 hardware which was notoriously bad to work with.

Back when Uncharted came out it just felt freshed and new. The climbing felt new and smooth believe it or not. I just dont think it's fair to compare Uncharted 1-3 to any current gen games. They kind of owe Uncharted a lot to be honest.

Every game post Uncharted started copying it's game mechanic because it was just that good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's because you started playing them 10 years after the first came out and you're playing a far superior version in the remake. There is massive improvements from Uncharted 1 to 2 from the original. It's quite backwards actually. Not much difference from 2 to 3.

By that point, Naughty Dog reached their peak with their engine and finally knew how to work the PS3 hardware which was notoriously bad to work with.

Back when Uncharted came out it just felt freshed and new. The climbing felt new and smooth believe it or not. I just dont think it's fair to compare Uncharted 1-3 to any current gen games. They kind of owe Uncharted a lot to be honest.

Every game post Uncharted started copying it's game mechanic because it was just that good.
    dont see how uncharted climbing/platforming is any better than assassins creed 2, on the same system.

while the game structures aren't identical... i think infamous and infamous 2 are just better.

not trying to on uncharted, i still think the games have been quite fun. the presentation aspects of the game are pretty good. stories overall are a bit bland, but the characters are solidly written, voice acting is good, the set pieces are fun. but the actual gameplay is just kinda repe ive between very basic "platforming" ie find a yellow pipe and nothing special cover shooting, with a minimal stealth function. even TLOU, which is narrative heavy, imo blows them out of the water with respect to gameplay
    Last edited by spurraider21; 05-06-2019 at 07:20 PM.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    still playing Days Gone...after about 20 hours in there are definitely some things that should be tweaked but overall i am thoroughly enjoying it....it's not the witcher 3 or anything but a solid 7.5-8/10 imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just picked up Witcher 3 again.. 150 hours and I don't feel any closer to completion than I did 2 years ago..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Revenge of Shinobi. Ever play it BaselineBum?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go play sekiro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe when it drops to 6.99 on the steam summer sale.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe when it drops to 6.99 on the steam summer sale.
    Its free on you know what...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its free on you know what...
    Yeah, but it will run much better on the PC. Seems to be a good port.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah, of course. One of my most played games on emulation on my Switch. Great game but the arcade original of Shinobi will always be my #1 in the series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just picked up Witcher 3 again.. 150 hours and I don't feel any closer to completion than I did 2 years ago..
    LOL I got 380 hours put into it before finishing off everything in the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL I got 380 hours put into it before finishing off everything in the game.
    I'm about to drop 400 hours in Game for Peace, China's new blockbuster PUBG replacement from Tencent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah, of course. One of my most played games on emulation on my Switch. Great game but the arcade original of Shinobi will always be my #1 in the series.
    Really loving Revenge. If you play it like a traditional action platformer, you'll get stomped. Have to play it tactically and deliberately (seems the two Genesis sequels were more action oriented). I could call it a proto-stealth game. Awesome level design, too. I'm ing out using a game genie to level and boss practice (beat the game with the good ending this way already) and then go for a clean run.

I'll have to get Shinobi Arcade on MAME. Have the Master System version, but that's obviously a gimped version.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really loving Revenge. If you play it like a traditional action platformer, you'll get stomped. Have to play it tactically and deliberately (seems the two Genesis sequels were more action oriented). I could call it a proto-stealth game. Awesome level design, too. I'm ing out using a game genie to level and boss practice (beat the game with the good ending this way already) and then go for a clean run.

I'll have to get Shinobi Arcade on MAME. Have the Master System version, but that's obviously a gimped version.
    Ah I remember having the DOS version of Shinobi in the 80s to play at home. Good game but none of that great music or fast action like the arcade. I imagine the Master System version is similar since the NES version is just like the DOS one. It's a typical action arcade sidescroller from the 80s, including being really cheap at the third boss where you have to die a couple of times to get them to slow down enough to be able to kill them all spamming jump and shoot. At least I have to doing it on a controller. On an actual arcade deck I could often get them on the first time though; much easier to spam those buttons at waist height while standing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Revenge of Shinobi is one of my favs.. that soundtrack is legendary too. What other game has Rambo, Godzilla, Batman, and Spider Man as enemies?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. When did they fix the le?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Revenge of Shinobi is one of my favs.. that soundtrack is legendary too. What other game has Rambo, Godzilla, Batman, and Spider Man as enemies?
    Those bosses were a laugh, indeed. Game really is a masterclass in level design. I appreciate how it allows you a variety of ways to tactically problem solve through levels rather than just being a test of twitch and platforming skills, like in so many other action platformers (i.e. Ninja Gaiden, Contra, etc). Not that there's anything wrong with the latter design, but Revenge was a bit of an innovator in that regard. And yeah, soundtrack is top tier.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    even TLOU, which is narrative heavy, imo blows them out of the water with respect to gameplay
    I haven't played Uncharted, and always wondered how it compares to TLOU. What about in terms of story quality, writing, characters?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't played Uncharted, and always wondered how it compares to TLOU. What about in terms of story quality, writing, characters?
    Character models look similar. Otherwise TLOU is more gritty and less cartoony. You don’t need 10 rounds to drop normal enemies. Story is far more mature. They feel sufficiently different.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Character models look similar. Otherwise TLOU is more gritty and less cartoony. You don’t need 10 rounds to drop normal enemies. Story is far more mature. They feel sufficiently different.
    Thanks--if the quality is sufficiently up to Naughty Dog standards, I should probably check them out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks--if the quality is sufficiently up to Naughty Dog standards, I should probably check them out.
    You got an android phone? Play Suikoden.

Srs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uc4 and Lost Legacy are the only ones that have a last of us-ish feel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing Witcher 3 again. Only thing that sucks about being in the beginning is I'm weak af and don't have any money. but haven't even got to oxenfurt or novigrad yet so it's still early. Still working on the baron quest

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing Witcher 3 again. Only thing that sucks about being in the beginning is I'm weak af and don't have any money. but haven't even got to oxenfurt or novigrad yet so it's still early. Still working on the baron quest
    Im almost done with the Grandmaster Feline Armor.. Bout to be OP as with this Igni build I'm doing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ..and the Bloody Baron is one of the best questlines I've ever played

Thread Information