Page 209 of 376 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259309 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,225 of 9385
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurraider get yourself Dishonored if you haven't played it. Arkane studios, the same guys responsible for Bioshock iirc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So never basically?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, I played all of them. Just excellent games.

I would rate Nioh 2 a 7. I didn't finish it yet, but I took a break from it to play some new games. I'm actually back at it today.

I think you would enjoy it way more than I am.
    I liked but didn't love the first. Maybe I'll grab Nioh 2 when it's $20 or when it hits the CODEX store. Will be $40 in the Days of Play Sale next month but I ain't paying $40 for anything going in the backlog tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurraider get yourself Dishonored if you haven't played it. Arkane studios, the same guys responsible for Bioshock iirc.
    Is Dishonored kind of a stealth game or what?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Dishonored kind of a stealth game or what?
    It’s both.

you can bulldoze your way through the game or you can go unnoticed and not kill one pixel.

The killing route makes the game more challenging but it’s not done in a punitive way. Each way has its own perks too.

the fun in this game comes in the way of it not getting in your way. It doesn’t dictate how you can approach a mission or how to eliminate (or not) your targets. You can kill them, set them up so the law can deal with them or let them go.

All of which have consequences later in the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s both.

you can bulldoze your way through the game or you can go unnoticed and not kill one pixel.

The killing route makes the game more challenging but it’s not done in a punitive way. Each way has its own perks too.

the fun in this game comes in the way of it not getting in your way. It doesn’t dictate how you can approach a mission or how to eliminate (or not) your targets. You can kill them, set them up so the law can deal with them or let them go.

All of which have consequences later in the game.
    I liked the first one, played it through, but couldn't get into the 2nd one, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked but didn't love the first. Maybe I'll grab Nioh 2 when it's $20 or when it hits the CODEX store. Will be $40 in the Days of Play Sale next month but I ain't paying $40 for anything going in the backlog tbh.
    Haven't played the first one. There was some DLC announced for Nioh 2 recently, so while eventually it'll inevitably come down in price, it might take a bit.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked the first one, played it through, but couldn't get into the 2nd one, tbh...
    Exactly. I'm the same way.

I was going to mention that the first one is the one but didn't want to sound discouraging and make it sound the second game is bad. It's good, just not as good.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Welp, looks like my fallout 76 run is over tbh. 91 hours of fun and now have a game breaking bug and cannot even play the ing game now shoulda known

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn just installed Sekiro and I see you can play in full Japanese on the PC version. Is the story all that interesting in Sekiro? If it has a really great story I'll play in English but otherwise I'd rather play in Japanese to get some reading practice. apalisoc_9? spurraider21?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn just installed Sekiro and I see you can play in full Japanese on the PC version. Is the story all that interesting in Sekiro? If it has a really great story I'll play in English but otherwise I'd rather play in Japanese to get some reading practice. apalisoc_9? spurraider21?
    as far as the story... its no Last of Us, God of War, Horizon... but its miles better than Dark Souls/Bloodborne (yes i know those games supposedly have fantastic lore if you read item descriptions. sekiro has some of that as well)

from what i've read a lot of players still play in full japanese and just use english subs for a more authentic experience. its not that dialogue heavy regardless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its not Last of Us, God of War, Horizon... but its miles better than Dark Souls/Bloodborne (yes i know those games supposedly have fantastic lore if you read item descriptions. sekiro has some of that as well)

from what i've read a lot of players still play in full japanese and just use english subs for a more authentic experience. its not that dialogue heavy.
    Nah by full Japanese I meant playing with Japanese voices, Japanese subs, and Japanese UI. If the story isn't mind-blowing I'll just play it like that then and whatever I don't understand I guess I'll miss. My Japanese is only at a JLPT N4 level so I'll miss a lot. Probably need to be more like N3 level to not get lost a lot, though if it's really artsy (like Persona 5) it might be using a lot of N1 level grammar and vocabulary.

That's probably the only big thing I don't like about Playstation: that I can't play a game from one region in multiple languages. PC games you almost always can select language. I can usually play US region Switch games in full Japanese (eg voices + subs + ui) by setting the system language to Japanese. But on PS4 the only game I have played where you can have Japanese subs is NieR Automata.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah by full Japanese I meant playing with Japanese voices, Japanese subs, and Japanese UI. If the story isn't mind-blowing I'll just play it like that then and whatever I don't understand I guess I'll miss. My Japanese is only at a JLPT N4 level so I'll miss a lot. Probably need to be more like N3 level to not get lost a lot, though if it's really artsy (like Persona 5) it might be using a lot of N1 level grammar and vocabulary.

That's probably the only big thing I don't like about Playstation: that I can't play a game from one region in multiple languages. PC games you almost always can select language. I can usually play US region Switch games in full Japanese (eg voices + subs + ui) by setting the system language to Japanese. But on PS4 the only game I have played where you can have Japanese subs is NieR Automata.
    oh. well part of the dialogue is going to tell you what you're supposed to do next... so you have to be able to keep up to some extent. but the story itself isn't anything special

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's better than Bloodborne and Dark Souls, but it's no last of us.

I would recommend English imo.

The voice acting in english is surprisingly decent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's better than Bloodborne and Dark Souls, but it's no last of us.

I would recommend English imo.

The voice acting in english is surprisingly decent
    English voice acting in Japanese games has come a long way since Shenmue.

Can't think of any game I have played in years where I thought the English voice acting was bad. I was just wondering if it was like Nioh, which has great action but the stupidest story, one so bad I could give a if I was playing it in Russian or Cantonese or Vulgar Latin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh. well part of the dialogue is going to tell you what you're supposed to do next... so you have to be able to keep up to some extent. but the story itself isn't anything special
    I can probably handle directions and commands in Japanese. If not I'll just look up a walkthrough.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    English voice acting in Japanese games has come a long way since Shenmue.

Can't think of any game I have played in years where I thought the English voice acting was bad. I was just wondering if it was like Nioh, which has great action but the stupidest story, one so bad I could give a if I was playing it in Russian or Cantonese or Vulgar Latin.
    The voice in Shenmue is completely fine. The problem was the tone and robotic delivery.

Corey Marshal has an awesome gaming voice. The voice actress for Nozomi is also well done.

the entire english cast is good sans Tom.

I'LL ALLOW YOU TO DIE LIKE A WARRIOR!

EPIC!!

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Ive been playing modern warfare on a ASIS ROG GX701 WITH THESE SPECS

CPU
    Intel Core i7-8750H (6C / 12T @ up to 4.1 GHz), 9M Cache, 45W TDP, 14nm
    RAM
    16GB 2666MHz DDR4 + 8GB Soldered Onboard RAM
    GPU
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Max-Q 8GB GDDR6
    Storage
    1TB PCIe G3X4 NVMe SSD
    Display
    17.3″ FHD (1920 X 1080) 144Hz Anti-Glare IPS Wide View Pantone Validated display with G-Sync (3ms response, 100% sRGB)

GOOD TIMES! I PICKED THIS 3500 LAPTOP UP FOR $1000 AND A GLOCK I HAD 500 INTO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can probably handle directions and commands in Japanese. If not I'll just look up a walkthrough.
    A walkthrough is probably needed to access one of the optional bosses which was probably the best fight in the game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a few optional mini boss fights and some optional major boss fights that would require a walkthrough anyway.

Sekiro story has some substance. It's not nioh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let me put this way, I actually found the story enjoyable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A walkthrough is probably needed to access one of the optional bosses which was probably the best fight in the game
    prob will look at a walkthrough then. I don't care much about the story, just want all the good fights like in Bloodborne.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    prob will look at a walkthrough then. I don't care much about the story, just want all the good fights like in Bloodborne.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurraider21 Baseline bum

I remember watching advent childen ff7 movie and watching all the combats in those movies and wondered if we will ever find a combat system that will be as fluid.

There is slight spoiler here...dont watch baseline bum if you care for story.

It's basically cloud vs sephrioth in sekiro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only matters near the end

Thread Information