Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    People that hunt are gots. Takes a huge kind of got to overlook the fact that you are killing something, just so you can pat yourself on the back for taking the perfect shot. It's for personal thrill or gratification not because it's a more humane death for the animal. Only way I give it a pass is if you truly depend on it for survival. I know there's some tribes that still live that way.
    How else are you going to get your meat though?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Yeah, certainly wasn't trying to call all hunters sadists

Think we're on the same page

Man I'm sorry bruh....that sucks to lose a dog.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Incidentally, I pulled up on a pit killing a small little dog in our hood just this past weekend. I wanted to beat the pit to death, but then I remembered that I should try to find the owners and beat them to death Instead.

I ended up taking a nap.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So some of y'all don't see the importance of eradicating the feral hog population while at the same time filling your freezer with a couple 100 lbs of meat? Chops, bacon, filet, ribs, shoulder, not to mention the ground pork and sausage you can grind. I actually have a kitchen aide mixer. Just need the grinder attachment. I could make my own ground meat and specialty sausage links. Damn I'm turning into a red neck as we speak. Seriously looking at rifles right now. Anyone have any suggestions? I would like something light but can hold many rounds per clip with sights and scope drill. I'd like to keep the budget at $800 since I'll be shopping for two.
    Last edited by RGMCSE; 03-28-2017 at 08:38 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    People that hunt are gots. Takes a huge kind of got to overlook the fact that you are killing something, just so you can pat yourself on the back for taking the perfect shot. It's for personal thrill or gratification not because it's a more humane death for the animal. Only way I give it a pass is if you truly depend on it for survival. I know there's some tribes that still live that way.
    So what about someone that goes hunting, kills something, then eats it? Isn't he just subs uting one self killed meal for one that was processed through a slaughterhouse? Unless you're a vegan, that's a ty argument.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    So which are you; a vegetarian or a vegan? Or do you believe it's ok for someone else to do the murdering of animals in a controlled, organized environment for your eating pleasure, but scream foul when people go do the animal murdering themselves in the wild for their eating pleasure.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So some of y'all don't see the importance of eradicating the feral hog population while at the same time filling your freezer with a couple 100 lbs of meat? Chops, bacon, filet, ribs, shoulder, not to mention the ground pork and sausage you can grind. I actually have a kitchen aide mixer. Just need the grinder attachment. I could make my own ground meat and specialty sausage links. Damn I'm turning into a red neck as we speak. Seriously looking at rifles right now. Anyone have any suggestions? I would like something light but can hold many rounds per clip with sights and scope drill. I'd like to keep the budget at $800 since I'll be shopping for two.
    The coolest and edgiest gun would be an AR-15.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Seems like a perfect fit tbh

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm drawing a line between killing them and taking pleasure in killing them. Again, different strokes. Just giving my perspective
    So sad hunters are ok?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    So sad hunters are ok?
    If they take specific pleasure in killing the animal, I'm not a fan. Stuff like trophy hunting, etc. And I know I'm going to get some long story about how trophy hunting helps the environment and stuff. But if the hunter gets a boner when seeing the last breath of an animal I think he's got issues

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If they take specific pleasure in killing the animal, I'm not a fan. Stuff like trophy hunting, etc. And I know I'm going to get some long story about how trophy hunting helps the environment and stuff. But if the hunter gets a boner when seeing the last breath of an animal I think he's got issues
    Do you feel the same way about fishing?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I'm not talking about that. Just saying I'd never get enjoyment out of it. Even if it was beneficial to the ecosystem I don't think I'd have it in me to kill unless it's defensive. I don't care for insects or fish... But mammals show emotion, feel pain, etc.

There's a "soul" there. Not in the religious or spiritual sense of course. You can look it in the eyes and see what it's feeling.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What about dolphins? They're mammals but when you kill them, they have the same expression as a fish.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    What about dolphins? They're mammals but when you kill them, they have the same expression as a fish.
    Do they though?

And who the enjoys killing dolphins besides south Park japs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Do they though?

And who the enjoys killing dolphins besides south Park japs
    I don't know. I've never actually killed a dolphin. I was making an assumption.
    But from pictures, then seem like they'd have a similar expression to fish.
    Which conflicts me anyway. Whenever I go fishing, if we're not doing catch and release...whenever I hook a fish, I'll take it off the hook and quickly beat its head into the side of the boat so I don't have to see it's expression when it dies.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Ok, so what if I am depressed when I hunt, don't get a boner, get no satisfaction out of it... but I just leave the dead animal where I killed it and then move on to the next one?

Also, is it based on my happiness or just whether or not I get a boner?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I was thinking something along the lines of a .243 caliber. But I have to do more research.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I was thinking something along the lines of a .243 caliber. But I have to do more research.
    this doesn't make any sense to me

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    this doesn't make any sense to me
    I know I originally said I wanted something that could fire multi rounds and blah bla blah. But as I continue to shop and read I'm changing what I want.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I know I originally said I wanted something that could fire multi rounds and blah bla blah. But as I continue to shop and read I'm changing what I want.
    I think they make a 243 AR.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Got our outdoor cat.

Found a big bunch of fur skin where it pulled The Ming from under the fence.
    Im thinking The Ming was trying to escape through that same hole underneath and got pulled back underneath a scratching and clawing.

I will investigate pet deaths so the cause and cir stances are fully known by the family of the deceased.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Where is the Facebook post fail with the fat talkin bout how she wants a cowboy who's out in the field slinging hay, home cooked meals, Bustin a bronc and some dude tells her that she's a beast? Please help.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Of course not.

Mammals first.
    Then just vertebrates.
    When it then comes to Arthropoda, thus spiders and centipedes, you actually want them dead.
    By the time you get to the Cnidaria, the slaughter is senseless, overwhelming and dismissed.

When snake man brushes his teeth he wishes he could hear the millions of bacteria screaming.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    sucks tbh... little was 4 years old, didn't weigh more than 10 pounds
    Damn. What are you going to eat now?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah I'm not a vegan or anything like that. Enjoy a good steak, etc. I don't find hunting immoral. I just wouldn't take pleasure in doing it. Killing for sport is different imo. It's just sadistic
    A true hunter (incoming fallacy) holds a reverence for the quarry. You don't kill because you enjoy killing, but because it's the natural end to the hunt. It's the hunt you enjoy.

Thread Information