NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Sorry man. That does suck.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Sorry brah. I would be a mess if that happened to one of my pugs. Did it happen at your house?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    yeah. both my dogs stay in the house, but we let them in the backyard to do their business, bark at squirrels, etc.

i wasn't home when it happened, but apparently they were out back barking as usual, until the little guy started screeching. by the time anyone got outside, just saw the other dog standing there barking, and a coyote running away all the way out back, jumping over the fence. never seen coyotes anywhere in the area in broad daylight like that, let alone in a yard. mostly rabbits and such. hadn't even seen a coyote at all for at least a year.

when we let them out at night, we always walk out with them, but daytime in the backyard had never posed any problems until now

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Damn that sucks man. I feel for ya.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Yeah, man. That's horrifying. I'm always so conflicted about coyotes. I hate to see anything bad happen to them, but hate having to be worried when I hear them yipping from a block away at night.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    Sorry to hear that my dude.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    So it took your cat..
    basically. er was scared of his own shadow

https://i.gyazo.com/e9bb0c721fdbc6de...a0868e52a1.mp4

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That sucks. Sorry to hear man.

We had a mountain lion snatching dogs in my neighborhood a few years back and I hear coyotes yipping nearby almost every night but our dogs are too big for anything to mess with them.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    yeah, coyotes wont mess with big dogs, or depending on how hungry they are, even medium sized dogs. they're not looking for a fight. around here they usually eat rabbits and squirrels and . but thats why we keep ours indoors. happened within a matter of minutes of letting them out, just dumb luck

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    yeah, coyotes wont mess with big dogs, or depending on how hungry they are, even medium sized dogs. they're not looking for a fight. around here they usually eat rabbits and squirrels and . but thats why we keep ours indoors. happened within a matter of minutes of letting them out, just dumb luck
    Usually the only reason coyotes come into town looking for small dogs is because humans have f'd up the coyotes natural environment.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Coyotes are gorgeous animals but eating dogs and cats is just an adaption to their decreasing number of prey. Smaller dogs seem to tlbe the most common target though. I've seen cats aggressivley fight their way out and they dont mess with big dogs.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So it took your cat..
    A 10lb cat is probably too much for a coyote. Cats in general are far more aggressive.

This reminds me of a common problem in india too. Leopards seem to have developed an appe e for dogs. I saw a video in youtube and that leopard looked smaller than the dog but er didnt care. Just attacked the bigger dog and dragged him for his meal.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Also why do some American seriously believe their Dogs can take on Wild Animals?

I was having a conversation with a friend and friend and this white boy strongly believes leaving his doberman out in Mountain Lion invested land is ok because he can take kill a mountain lion.

I show him a video of a mountain lion effortlessly butchering a big dog and that still trying to argue otherwise.

It's like that one time americans were arguing 2 pitbulls can take on a lion.

You americans really love your dogs...Maybe a little bit too much

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Also why do some American seriously believe their Dogs can take on Wild Animals?

I was having a conversation with a friend and friend and this white boy strongly believes leaving his doberman out in Mountain Lion invested land is ok because he can take kill a mountain lion.

I show him a video of a mountain lion effortlessly butchering a big dog and that still trying to argue otherwise.

Your average cat can deter dogs 4 times its size. Any dog ain't got on even a small mountain lion. even a bobcat could take a big dog if it needed to.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Your average cat can deter dogs 4 times its size. Any dog ain't got on even a small mountain lion. even a bobcat could take a big dog if it needed to.
    I know which is mind-boggling. Any individual who believes otherwise shouldnt own a dog. The only dogs that are known to intimidiate cats are trained hunting dogs that usually hunt in a group of four at least. And those dogs have the support of a Gun.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Condolences.
    I live next to a green belt and occasionally I hear a bunch of them yipping and yapping like crazy. They're pack animals, yes?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

The company you keep reflects your own intellect. I don't know anyone who's thought their dog can take on something wild like a mountain lion. If you get into this argument a lot, then you hang around some dumbasses.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The company you keep reflects your own intellect. I don't know anyone who's thought their dog can take on something wild like a mountain lion. If you get into this argument a lot, then you hang around some dumbasses.
    Avante's dogs can take on tigers.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    cats are obviously better fighters than dogs, but a lot of dumb owners de-claw them

pitbulls have incredibly powerful jaws though, and one bite can end another animal anywhere near its own size

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    cats are obviously better fighters than dogs, but a lot of dumb owners de-claw them

pitbulls have incredibly powerful jaws though, and one bite can end another animal anywhere near its own size
    Truly sorry about you dog.

Cats are so much quicker and have the claws (obviously).

Domesticated dogs aren't built to with cats even though they have the ability to kill them every time. But that first claw to the nose and they're done with that . If they were wild, their instinct would override that pain and they'd keep going until the cat was dead.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Avante's dogs can take on tigers.
    Avante has gerbils. And the kids in the basement. Somehow Judy reconciles it all. "Avante...it sound like we have hawks in the basement again."

Thread Information