Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "If this exists then it very well could be that, and if it's that then we have a huge problem. So it's very likely we have a huge problem"

HUGE PROBLEM LIKELY

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    being indebted to Russians by $100Ms isn't an IRS crime

hiding your inebtedness and vulnerability to blackmail as a public servant violates US law, so he's being sued
    Fake news

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RG going full boutons.
    IN this particular case though, the quality of the evidence is not easily dismissed. Feel free to address the information in the article at any time.

I am still looking into the background on this.

What do you think about the location chosen for the hotel?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's been that way since the election. It's just not as noticeable because he only shows up for an hour once a week or so and then he has to go back to his fetal position.
    (shrugs)

You are also welcome to comment on the article in the OP.

I am not boutons, and this particular article touches on something that I have professional expertise in, i.e. auditing.

If Trump has committed felonies, and is really is more than a little corrupt, do you care? If not, why not?

Have you put the good of the Republican party over that of the country?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, While I think Random's article is way out there and far fetch, I do think there is always something up with his taxes. As per Trump's own admission, he gets audited almost every year. Why?

They probably find something off and he has to always pay a fine because of it then he's squared.

If would be interesting if the IRS had a public record of the people who default and who gets a penalty and such.
    Given the places Trump does business, this is not far fetched. From what I am given to understand, the Corrupt Practices act is applicable in this case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just three posts...you're no fun.

I miss the old RG. It was fun making something up and having him do 2 days of research trying to disprove it.
    I never mind doing that, in arguing with asshats, I often end up learning something, even if only that which people are horrible critical thinkers.

It shocks me how little evidence it takes for some people to think something is true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They might be tipped off by enemies that there is a problem, and the IRS never finds it.

Or... and this is another guess, maybe all these big players regularly get audited.
    The problem with Trumps business is that it isn't publicly traded. Given the types of places he does business that raises a pretty substantial risk of illegal transactions. You just can't do business in Azerbaijan and not break some US law.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem with Trumps business is that it isn't publicly traded. Given the types of places he does business that raises a pretty substantial risk of illegal transactions. You just can't do business in Azerbaijan and not break some US law.
    yep, so much smoke from so many sources, the fire(s) will be found

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty funny watching trumpers fail to acknowledge or defend any point and instead cry fake news and make random comments about posters without even discussing the topic or content

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty funny watching trumpers fail to acknowledge or defend any point and instead cry fake news and make random comments about posters without even discussing the topic or content
    hilarious, and reflexive

attack the messengers because their messages are too strong, irrefutable

Repugs are compromised by Pootin and his mafiya

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    You mean he might be illegally bringing Russians into the states?

Are you as concerned about illegals from Mexico?

My God.... Might

Might do this, might do that...

I assume you want a Tredstone project monitoring citizens 24/7...

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I'm not familiar with Azerbaijan. What the problem there?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a totally corrupt oil state run by a dictator and his goons

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/azer...rruption-index, perfect country for corrupt Trash to do deals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean he might be illegally bringing Russians into the states?

Are you as concerned about illegals from Mexico?

My God.... Might

Might do this, might do that...

I assume you want a Tredstone project monitoring citizens 24/7...
    This may be one of your dumber posts.

Do you think that a president committing felonies is ok? Yes or no will do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RG going full boutons.
    This is right up my professional alley.

Basically:

Trump's hotel was used as a vehicle for money laundering Iranian Revolutionary Guard funds.

Trump likely knew about it at some level and didn't care.

Do you think that presidents should have their businesses helping Iran launder money? Yes or no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Azerbaijani President Aliyev Named Corruption's 'Person Of The Year'
    http://www.rferl.org/a/azerbaijan-il.../24814209.html

https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...her-em/277717/

https://panamapapers.icij.org/201604...en-wealth.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.eurasianet.org/node/62487

Cables leaked earlier by WikiLeaks have touched on another sensitive spot for US-Azerbaijani relations – Iranian business activities and suspected money laundering in Azerbaijan.

One of the published dispatches, allegedly sent in March 2009 by former US Ambassador Anne Derse, lists 12 Iranians who allegedly have wide business interests in Azerbaijan as well as links to Iran’s political elite. The dispatch names them as suspected of laundering large amounts of money in Azerbaijan and violating international sanctions against Iran.

The dispatch mentions one Iranian bank, B
    ank Melli, and some large Azerbaijani banks -- Bank of Baku, Xalq Bank and Royal Bank – as involved in the illicit activities. Azerbaijani Transportation Minister Ziya Mammadov, Education Minister Misir Mardanov and the chief of the president’s security service, Vagif Akhundov, are also listed as possibly cooperating with the Iranians in question.

So far, only the Bank of Baku has denied the allegations. “The Bank of Baku has nothing to do with illegal money transfers,” it declared in a November 30 statement. “All bank clients’ operations are executed in strict correspondence with Azerbaijani legislation.”

The Bank goes on to state that one of the named Iranians, Adil Sharabiani, is not a client; a second, Jamsheed "Jushkar" Mahmudoglu, is not a shareholder.

The Bank of Baku confirms, though, that the ethnic Iranian Oromi family named in the dispatch is a bank founder, and a shareholder via the Turkish holding Nab Dis Ticaret.

A senior manager at one of the largest Azerbaijani commercial banks who did not want to be named told EurasiaNet.org that the Central Bank of Azerbaijan (CBA) actually tightly monitors any possible financial operations involving Iranian money laundering. “As early as this summer, the CBA unofficially banned commercial banks from opening accounts and providing services for Iranian nationals,” the source said.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    http://www.eurasianet.org/node/62487

Cables leaked earlier by WikiLeaks have touched on another sensitive spot for US-Azerbaijani relations – Iranian business activities and suspected money laundering in Azerbaijan.

One of the published dispatches, allegedly sent in March 2009 by former US Ambassador Anne Derse, lists 12 Iranians who allegedly have wide business interests in Azerbaijan as well as links to Iran’s political elite. The dispatch names them as suspected of laundering large amounts of money in Azerbaijan and violating international sanctions against Iran.

The dispatch mentions one Iranian bank, B
    ank Melli, and some large Azerbaijani banks -- Bank of Baku, Xalq Bank and Royal Bank – as involved in the illicit activities. Azerbaijani Transportation Minister Ziya Mammadov, Education Minister Misir Mardanov and the chief of the president’s security service, Vagif Akhundov, are also listed as possibly cooperating with the Iranians in question.

So far, only the Bank of Baku has denied the allegations. “The Bank of Baku has nothing to do with illegal money transfers,” it declared in a November 30 statement. “All bank clients’ operations are executed in strict correspondence with Azerbaijani legislation.”

The Bank goes on to state that one of the named Iranians, Adil Sharabiani, is not a client; a second, Jamsheed "Jushkar" Mahmudoglu, is not a shareholder.

The Bank of Baku confirms, though, that the ethnic Iranian Oromi family named in the dispatch is a bank founder, and a shareholder via the Turkish holding Nab Dis Ticaret.

A senior manager at one of the largest Azerbaijani commercial banks who did not want to be named told EurasiaNet.org that the Central Bank of Azerbaijan (CBA) actually tightly monitors any possible financial operations involving Iranian money laundering. “As early as this summer, the CBA unofficially banned commercial banks from opening accounts and providing services for Iranian nationals,” the source said.
    Your complaints today hold little weight since you sat silent during the years of the Podesta's lobbying on behalf of Azerbaijan

===========

Azerbaijan’s key lobbyist, the Podesta Group, is not above crossing ethical lines to try to tilt the climate on the Hill in favor of its client. In February, Maran Turner, executive director of the rights organization Freedom Now, organized a briefing to inform Capitol Hill staffers about Azerbaijan’s political prisoners. As the briefing approached, Turner says, she heard from invitees that the Podesta Group had called “every single office” to convince them not to attend. Podesta also contacted staffers of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, under whose au es the briefing was being held, and asked them to cancel it. Though the briefing went ahead, only a few staffers ended up attending (though over a dozen had RSVP’d). Turner doesn’t know whether Podesta pressure was responsible for the poor showing, but expressed outrage that an American lobbying firm would attempt to prevent members of Congress from hearing about a foreign country’s human rights record.

But Podesta wasn’t done yet. Among the briefing’s few attendees, Turner says, was Katelyn Wohlford, an expensively-attired young woman who presented herself as a graduate student studying Azerbaijan. Her appearance immediately aroused su ion, as the briefing was not open to the public — and though Wohlford asked no questions, she took copious notes. Afterward, Turner found Wohlford’s profile on the Podesta web site, describing her as “an associate working on the Podesta Group’s public relations and international teams.”

This version of events was confirmed by several other attendees. Wohlford did not respond to requests for comment, and a Podesta representative referred me to the Azerbaijani embassy, which also did not reply. Turner doesn’t know for sure what Wohlford did with her notes, but strongly suspects they were handed over to the Azeris. Indeed, several weeks later, Turner was told by Azerbaijan’s delegation to the United Nations in New York that they were “fully informed” about her organization and its efforts to organize the briefing. If Wohlford was indeed the source of this information, the implication is that the Podesta Group is providing details of closed congressional briefings to representatives of a dictatorial regime.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2015/06/11/...spin-congress/

==========

The meeting with Kerry, which reportedly had been requested by the Azeris, had taken “considerable lobbying to engineer,” as I was informed by two different sources knowledgeable about the topic.

Yet it remains unclear how the Azeri officials with their poor human rights international records could convince top diplomats of the free world to remain silent about the brutal anti-US campaign that they launched at home.

Although Aliyev’s Washington trip was related to his participation in the Nuclear Security Summit, it came in the wake of a deal signed between Azerbaijani Embassy and a leading US consultancy Podesta Group early this year.

As it was reported earlier, Podesta, which guarantees Azerbaijani government’s access to some of the most powerful people in Washington, has been receiving approximately $50,000 per month from the Azerbaijani Embassy, for its service.

Following Aliyev’s Washington trip, the Azeri Embassy rushed to sign another contract with the Podesta Group offering extra $70,000 for “additional services,” Justice Department records show.

“The Provider shall perform the Additional Services during the period commencing on April 6, 2016 and continuing through July 5, 2016,” reads the amendment.

Podesta officials had no immediate comment when contacted about this report.

The CEO of the Podesta Group is Tony Podesta, who is currently a bundler for the Hillary Clinton presidential campaign, and John Podesta, the former counselor to President Barack Obama is the chairman of Clinton’s 2016 campaign.

https://medium.com/@ralakbar/azerbai...p-4261b9ab1f07

======

Azerbaijan also renewed its contracted with the Podesta Group, which has represented the Azerbaijani government since 2013. (Podesta’s retainer is $45,000 per month.)
    http://www.politico.com/tipsheets/po...rbaijan-219368

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What Podesta did was legal, declared ,transparent

Trash is a criminal money launderer and sanctions violator

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    What Podesta did was legal, declared ,transparent

Trash is a criminal money launderer and sanctions violator
    defending the lobbying on behalf of one of the biggest hubs of human trafficking and human rights violations

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    defending the lobbying on behalf of one of the biggest hubs of human trafficking and human rights violations
    good point. i'd like to see the collapse of everyone. lets take a look at everything.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This may be one of your dumber posts.

He's just following the precedent set forth by the prior 6 Administrations, except he did this in his private life. He hasn't been felonious on Capital Hill...yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your complaints today hold little weight since you sat silent during the years of the Podesta's lobbying on behalf of Azerbaijan

Trump president not Podesta, and you are perfectly welcome to display some honesty and answer the same question, sophist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's just following the precedent set forth by the prior 6 Administrations, except he did this in his private life. He hasn't been felonious on Capital Hill...yet.
    How do you know that one of his business hasn't accepted a kickback in any one of the corrupt countries in which they operate in the last 3 months?

Thread Information