Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    defending the lobbying on behalf of one of the biggest hubs of human trafficking and human rights violations
    ignoring Trumps conflicts of interest and felonies because he's a Republican.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Trump president not Podesta, and you are perfectly welcome to display some honesty and answer the same question, sophist.

Do you think that a president committing felonies is ok? Yes or no will do.
    List the felonies committed and provide solid evidence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump president not Podesta, and you are perfectly welcome to display some honesty and answer the same question, sophist.

List the felonies committed and provide solid evidence.
    ... you are perfectly welcome to display some honesty and answer the same question, sophist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 2012, after Donald Trump’s company, the Trump Organization, signed multiple contracts with the Azerbaijani developers behind the project, plans were made to transform the tower into an “ultra-luxury property.” According to a Trump Organization press release, a hotel with “expansive guest rooms” would occupy the first thirteen floors; higher stories would feature residences with “spectacular views of the city and Caspian Sea.” For an expensive hotel, the Trump Tower Baku is in an oddly unglamorous location: the underdeveloped eastern end of downtown, which is dominated by train tracks and is miles from the main business district, on the west side of the city. Across the street from the hotel is a discount shopping center; the area is filled with narrow, dingy shops and hookah bars. Other hotels nearby are low-budget options: at the AYF Palace, most rooms are forty-two dollars a night. There are no upscale restaurants or shops. Any guests of the Trump Tower Baku would likely feel marooned.

The timing of the project was also curious. By 2014, when the Trump Organization publicly announced that it was helping to turn the tower into a hotel, a construction boom in Baku had ended, and the occupancy rate for luxury hotels in the city hovered around thirty-five per cent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Trump Tower Baku originally had a construction budget of a hundred and ninety-five million dollars, but it went through multiple revisions, and the cost ended up being much higher.
    It’s not clear how much money Trump made from the licensing agreement, although in his limited public filings he has reported receiving $2.8 million. (The Trump Organization shared do ents that showed an additional payment of two and a half million dollars, in 2012, but declined to disclose any other payments.) Trump also had signed a contract to manage the hotel once it opened, for an undisclosed fee tied to the hotel’s performance. The Washington Post published Garten’s description of the deal, and reported that Donald Trump had “invested virtually no money in the project while selling the rights to use his name and holding the contract to manage the property.”

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    ... you are perfectly welcome to display some honesty and answer the same question, sophist.

No.

Now list the felonies Trump committed since becoming President.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ivanka Trump was the most senior Trump Organization official on the Baku project. In October, 2014, she visited the city to tour the site and offer advice. An executive at Mace, the London-based construction firm that oversaw the tower’s conversion to a hotel, met with Ivanka in Baku and New York. He told me, “She had very strong feelings, not just about the design but about the back of the hotel—landscaping, everything.” The Azerbaijani lawyer said, “Ivanka personally approved everything.” A subcontractor noted that Ivanka’s team was particular about wood panelling: it chose an expensive Macassar ebony, from Indonesia, for the ceiling of the lobby. The ballroom doors were to be made of book-matched panels of walnut. On her Web site, Ivanka posted a photograph of herself wearing a hard hat inside the half-completed hotel. A caption reads, “Ivanka has overseen the development of Trump International Hotel & Tower Baku since its inception, and she recently returned from a trip to the fascinating city in Azerbaijan to check in on the project’s progress.” (Ivanka Trump declined requests to discuss the Baku project.)
    Daughter was neck deep in it too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No.

Show me his tax returns, and I will be happy to.

He is committing felonies by taking kickbacks in regards to the foreign corrupt practices act.

Given some very su ious dealings with Russian mobsters, it is more than feasible that he is violating various money laundering statutes.

This is likely in conjunction with whatever intelligence he has been passing to Russian intelligence services as part of his bargain with them.

This needs to be investigated.

Since you seem to be ignoring his conflicts of interest and sheer ethical failures, felonies aside:

https://www.theatlantic.com/business...erests/508382/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No.

So the timing of the felonies is relevant? Do tell. Why the distinction, sophist?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Show me his tax returns, and I will be happy to.

He is committing felonies by taking kickbacks in regards to the foreign corrupt practices act.

Given some very su ious dealings with Russian mobsters, it is more than feasible that he is violating various money laundering statutes.

This is likely in conjunction with whatever intelligence he has been passing to Russian intelligence services as part of his bargain with them.

This needs to be investigated.
    So you've got nothing. Is djohn2oo8 your alt?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    So the timing of the felonies is relevant? Do tell. Why the distinction, sophist?
    You asked about a President committing felonies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Property in Azerbaijan

When it comes to President Donald Trump’s constellation of foreign investments, properties, and companies, much of the attention so far has been on his business’s apparent violation of the Cons ution’s Emoluments Clause, which bars officeholders from taking gifts from foreign leaders. According to numerous ethics experts, the clause takes an expansive definition of gifts, encompassing everything from a direct bribe to a foreign official’s approval of construction of a new Trump property. But some of the Trump Organization’s properties raise additional red flags due to the specific partners involved. That’s true in Indonesia, for example, where Trump’s affiliates have been involved in bribery scandals and radical Islamic nationalist parties, and Brazil, where the company pulled out of a branding agreement amid a criminal investigation of a local business partner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Property in Azerbaijan

But what makes this story unique among the dozens of ethical questions surrounding the president is the Trump Organization’s partners on the project. Ostensibly, the main developer behind the property is Anar Mammadov. He is in turn the son of Azerbaijan’s transportation minister Ziya Mammadov, who was once described in a leaked diplomatic cable as “notoriously corrupt even for Azerbaijan.” Also in on the deal, though not initially publicly disclosed, is Ziya’s brother Elton, who founded the company that currently owns the property in Baku while serving in Azerbaijan’s parliament. Then there’s the Mammadovs’ relationships with Iranian oligarchs. For years, the Mammadovs have been closely linked with the Darvishis, whose members include the head of a construction firm implicated in the Iranian Revolutionary Guard’s possibly illicit financial operations and the former leader of a company that was sanctioned by the United States for its role in Iran’s attempts to develop an arsenal of nuclear missiles. As the Mammadovs’ influence within Azerbaijan has begun to weaken in recent years, they have increased both their wealth and their mutually profitable relationship with the Darvishis, green-lighting a number of deals that will prove lucrative for both families.
    Does it matter if the President helped Iran launder money to evade nuclear sanctions before he became president?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Trump Tower Penthouse

With President Trump in office and still refusing to distance himself from his businesses, every new tenant in one of his buildings creates another possibility of a conflict of interest. Such is the case with Xiao Yan Chen, who also goes by Angela Chen, a business executive who, according to do ents filed with the New York City Department of Finance, purchased a $15.8 million penthouse apartment at Trump Tower in New York on February 21. Chen’s transaction is the first notable real-estate deal involving one of Trump’s properties since the election, although it should be noted that she has lived in a different unit in Trump Tower since 2004. And though Trump has officially removed himself from the board of directors of Trump Park Avenue LLC, the corporation that runs Trump Tower, he remains the company’s owner, meaning that he profits from its dealings.

Chen’s purchase represents the exact kind of entanglement that has fueled concerns that Trump’s financial interests could influence his decision-making as president. Chen is the founder and managing director of Global Alliance Associates, a consulting firm that, according to its website, “facilitates the right strategic relationships with the most prominent public and private decision makers in China.” The firm is explicit about what it sells: access. Though the page listing its partnerships is currently empty, the firm’s “affiliates” page includes a number of international organizations promoting relationships between private corporations and the governments of the United States and China, including the USA-China Chamber of Commerce, the Asia Society, and the China Ins ute. Notably, Global Alliance Associates also consults for the U.S. Department of Commerce and the U.S. Trade & Development Agency, meaning that Trump is accepting money from the founder and managing director of a firm that works with the U.S. government.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Conflicts of interest and potential for outright bribes and violations of the cons ution march on, and his presidency is only 3 months old.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you've got nothing. Is djohn2oo8 your alt?
    If we have more than a remote reason to think the president has committed felonies [edit]now or in the past[/edit], should we be investigating those potential crimes?

Yes or no, sophist.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you know that one of his business hasn't accepted a kickback in any one of the corrupt countries in which they operate in the last 3 months?
    I'd ask you, " how do you know?" but seeing as you post hatchet jobs from hack sources, I already know.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    defending the lobbying on behalf of one of the biggest hubs of human trafficking and human rights violations
    goddam, you're stupid

Working in open as a registered lobbyist is not a crime, no matter who the client is.

Trash taking kickbacks, money laundering, violating sanctions are felonies. And it doesn't matter if he committed them after or before you assholes elected him.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 04-20-2017 at 05:27 PM.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    If we have more than a remote reason to think the president has committed felonies [edit]now or in the past[/edit], should we be investigating those potential crimes?

Yes or no, sophist.
    I like the red highlighting and use of italics...very boutonsesque.

Yes.

Now list the felonies committed.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    goddam, you're stupid

Working in open as a registered lobbyist is not a crime, no matter who the client is. Julie Anni

Trash taking kickbacks, money laundering, violating sanctions are felonies. And it doesn't matter if he committed them after or before you assholes elected him.
    List the examples of kickbacks, money laundering, and sanction violations and provide solid proof for each.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If TSA was so rigorous in his demands for good evidence when it came to pizzagate

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Do you ever tire of following me around and trying to equate the two? I never once claimed any of Clinton, Podesta, Alefantis etc committed any crimes. You try so hard and fail each time. You are about due to ask another stupid question in that thread so might as well get to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no, you keep being inconsistent. i'll keep pointing it out.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    No, you're just a leg humper trying to prove a point that doesn't exist.

Thread Information