Page 14 of 56 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kinda figured the Indians were going to get hot at some point- they were too good not to- but I never expected this kind of run. This is incredible.
    Pretty amazing. And Kluber is the best pitcher in the AL. He's a master out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Padres have been playing great as of late. If they didn't always have their yearly one month out of the season where they go 5-20 they'd be a playoff team.
    6 runs in the 9th. Nice one. D-Bags deserved that . Yet the sucking Dodgers still can't find their asses.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Pretty amazing. And Kluber is the best pitcher in the AL. He's a master out there.
    Kluber is the best starting pitcher I've ever seen in an Indians uniform and I go back more than three decades with this club. Actually this might be the best Indians team I've ever seen. The 1995 team was amazing, but this club might be better equipped to win the whole thing with their pitching, depth and overall balance.

BTW I know it sucks the way the Dodgers are playing, but it really doesn't matter much. They aren't the first team to take their foot off the gas late in the season with everything clinched. Obviously they need to play better at some point but for a team in their position the most important thing is to get to the postseason reasonably healthy. Once we hit October it's a brand-new season.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Pelicans78 laughed when I said the Indians and Dodgers would win their divisions in 2016. Both teams are winning their 2nd consec. Tribe 18 straight W. Lmao

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Pelicans78 laughed when I said the Indians and Dodgers would win their divisions in 2016. Both teams are winning their 2nd consec. Tribe 18 straight W. Lmao
    I picked my Royals as a homer pick especially as the defending champs with most of their roster just liked you picked your Tigers to easily win the 2012 WS against the Giants before getting their asses swept. Let's not forget how you picked the Seahawks over the Falcons last season in the playoffs. Or how you picked the Blue Jays over the Royals in the 2015 ALCS. How much money did you lose on those two bets?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kluber is the best starting pitcher I've ever seen in an Indians uniform and I go back more than three decades with this club. Actually this might be the best Indians team I've ever seen. The 1995 team was amazing, but this club might be better equipped to win the whole thing with their pitching, depth and overall balance.

BTW I know it sucks the way the Dodgers are playing, but it really doesn't matter much. They aren't the first team to take their foot off the gas late in the season with everything clinched. Obviously they need to play better at some point but for a team in their position the most important thing is to get to the postseason reasonably healthy. Once we hit October it's a brand-new season.
    Make it 19!

Good articles about why Kluber (and the Indians staff overall) are so good.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/corey...h-in-baseball/

Dodgers are an enigma right now. Have no clue what's going on, although Alex's Wood fastball velo has dropped like 3mph from when he was looking like a Cy Young candidate to now. Darvish, great stuff, but as RobZ knows, prone to meltdowns. And the most of the lineup was playing above projections. Chris Taylor finally remembered he was Chris Taylor and so forth. Still doesn't explain 15 losses out of 16. It's like you have to try to lose that many games.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Darvish, great stuff, but as RobZ knows, prone to meltdowns.
    Japanese pitchers

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    20 straight wins for the Tribe!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maeda has been ting the bed for us, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dodgers finally ing win and didn't make easy against one of the worst teams in the league. Christ. I've never been so irritated during a regular season stretch of games (in any sport) as I have been over these last two weeks. The 1995 Raiders starting 8-2 and then losing 6 in a row comes close. And I have a feeling the frustration won't end. They still played like this game.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    20 straight wins for the Tribe!
    F'kn' A, man. Indians winning 20 straight yet my Angels only getting two hits when they need a win to keep pace with the Twins. Just wasting a one-run effort from their ace, too.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still remember that 20 streak by the A's in 02. It helped relegate my Angels to a Wild Card series vs. the vaunted Yankees. But then we beat the Yanks in four w/o home field advantage and then still had home field advantage for the next two rounds (after the Twins upset the A's) on route to beating cheater Bonds and our only ring. Good times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still remember that 20 streak by the A's in 02. It helped relegate my Angels to a Wild Card series vs. the vaunted Yankees. But then we beat the Yanks in four w/o home field advantage and then still had home field advantage for the next two rounds (after the Twins upset the A's) on route to beating cheater Bonds and our only ring. Good times.
    Get rid of Pujols's carcass next year (worst player in the league for the majority of the season, despite his recent hot streak) and acquire some pitching, and the Angels will be in the hunt. Great core with Trout, Simmons, Calhoun, and now Upton who is only 30 (don't know if he's an FA after this season, though).

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get rid of Pujols's carcass next year (worst player in the league for the majority of the season, despite his recent hot streak) and acquire some pitching, and the Angels will be in the hunt. Great core with Trout, Simmons, Calhoun, and now Upton who is only 30 (don't know if he's an FA after this season, though).
    I called it at the time; 10 yrs $275 M for a guy on the downhill is/was a killer even if he played up to his potential.

Angels having Trout is like the Spurs having Kawhi. It makes it fun to watch even if the rest the team is often unspectacular. He's the only untouchable as far as I'm concerned. Unfortunately, Scioscia had another untouchable back in the day. I remember when Erick Aybar couldn't be traded because Mike claimed he was too important to the offense. That's all we needed to trade away to get Roy Halladay for a playoff run (a steal!). I just thought, what f'ing BS. Keep the mediocre midget and call him untouchable instead of getting an ace. It's always been this way. Even in 02 we won despite Scioscia. I used to defend the guy; but it's pretty clear this team sputters with him at the helm.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I called it at the time; 10 yrs $275 M for a guy on the downhill is/was a killer even if he played up to his potential.

Angels having Trout is like the Spurs having Kawhi. It makes it fun to watch even if the rest the team is often unspectacular. He's the only untouchable as far as I'm concerned. Unfortunately, Scioscia had another untouchable back in the day. I remember when Erick Aybar couldn't be traded because Mike claimed he was too important to the offense. That's all we needed to trade away to get Roy Halladay for a playoff run (a steal!). I just thought, what f'ing BS. Keep the mediocre midget and call him untouchable instead of getting an ace. It's always been this way. Even in 02 we won despite Scioscia. I used to defend the guy; but it's pretty clear this team sputters with him at the helm.
    Erick Aybar was "untouchable" and they wouldn't even trade him for Roy Halladay? wtf? never heard about det one

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Erick Aybar was "untouchable" and they wouldn't even trade him for Roy Halladay? wtf? never heard about det one
    Yea, I'd have to do research on the year. 2009 would be my best guess. I misspoke when I stated it was because of his offense; I meant his defense. MS basically said it would all go to w/o him up the middle. Can you imagine passing on an ace because you have that much doubt about the next best option? And it's not like EA brought sh** to the table offensively. Anything dropped on D could very well have been made up for by a SS with any power. Yea, it wasn't just a rumor either. MS candidately excused that Aybar for Halliday was not something they would do.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, called the year after all these years. Pretty good considering I haven't been following it nearly as closely in this decade.

http://bluejayhunter.com/2014/08/fla...ded-to-la.html

Talks broke down when the Angels refused to include shortstop Erick Aybar in their offer. Then-Toronto General Manager J.P. Ricciardi was believed to have asked for a pitcher, either Jered Weaver or Joe Saunders, Aybar and outfield prospect Peter Bourjos.”
    Un ing real!

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I can't even imgaine if the Indians had Jason Kipnis and Michael Brantley healthy.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, called the year after all these years. Pretty good considering I haven't been following it nearly as closely in this decade.

http://bluejayhunter.com/2014/08/fla...ded-to-la.html

Un ing real!
    ing ; I loved Schofield or Gary DiSarcina. But I wouldn't have to think twice about trading either of them for Roger Clemens or Greg Maddux!

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Poor Pelicans78.. thought the Tribe were gonna drop the streak tonight. And now he has to endure an angry Tom Brady tearing his team apart AT HOME

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indians are playing magical baseball. So smart at the plate, too. I'd love to see their combined average/ops on 2 strike counts. They simply don't chase and know how to punish outer half payoff pitches by going opposite way.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I can't even imgaine if the Indians had Jason Kipnis and Michael Brantley healthy.
    It's been like this for two years. One guy goes down, another guy steps in and does the job. The depth of this club is unbelievable. There is no dead wood- everyone on the roster contributes in one way or another.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fark!
    Choking teams vs Minnesota.

I'm still holding out hope that Trout can lead the Angels beyond Skoskas incompetence.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Poor Pelicans78.. thought the Tribe were gonna drop the streak tonight. And now he has to endure an angry Tom Brady tearing his team apart AT HOME
    Didn't even bother watching the game. Royals have been done since early August. But thanks for thinking about me. I'll be at the game Sunday so your ass better hope your prediction comes true because I'm gonna tear you a new one if it doesn't.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count

Thread Information