Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    It's only a matter of time, tbh. The whole MLB is waiting to shower him with insane amounts of money. They still haven't learned that the way the Japanese overwork their pitchers from an early age will inevitably get them stuck with hundreds of millions of dollars in damaged goods.
    Case in point: he's already falling apart physically before even making it to the MLB.

Japanese baseball player Shohei Otani will be sidelined for about six weeks because of a left-thigh muscle strain, his team said on Sunday.

Otani, who is expected to move to Major League Baseball in 2018, hurt his left leg trying to beat out an infield single in the Nippon Ham Fighters' loss to the Orix BlueWave on Saturday.

The injury will add further debate to Otani's insistence on batting as well as pitching.

The 22-year-old right-hander didn't play for Japan in last month's World Baseball Classic because of an ankle injury he suffered in last year's Japan Series and aggravated while running the bases in the Premier12 tournament in November.

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/...s-thigh-injury

Japanese pitchers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dads on are on a tear! You got hope, bro?
    Giants look pretty ty too. Padres already got embarrassed by the Doyers so I'm not holding my breath.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    God damn the Rangers look awful. Thought they'd at least contend for a playoff spot but they might be a sub-.500 team this year.
    The Rangers look like the picture perfect .500 team on paper. Three guys on the front end of the rotation who can be dominant but are somewhat inconsistent + an above average lineup + a shaky bullpen = 81-81

Everyone knows their record in one run games last season was absurd so it should be inevitable that they regress back down to the mean.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Rangers look like the picture perfect .500 team on paper. Three guys on the front end of the rotation who can be dominant but are somewhat inconsistent + an above average lineup + a shaky bullpen = 81-81

Everyone knows their record in one run games last season was absurd so it should be inevitable that they regress back down to the mean.
    Darvish/Hamels/Perez? aren't dominant though. They can have good games every now and then but Darvish is kinda gimmicky, Hamels is declining quickly, and Perez is not a dominant pitcher by any stretch of the imagination. Odor/Mazara look ready to take another leap but unless that happens they have a mediocre lineup compared to the rest of the AL West.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Darvish/Hamels/Perez? aren't dominant though. They can have good games every now and then but Darvish is kinda gimmicky, Hamels is declining quickly, and Perez is not a dominant pitcher by any stretch of the imagination. Odor/Mazara look ready to take another leap but unless that happens they have a mediocre lineup compared to the rest of the AL West.
    I said CAN be dominant (Darvis/Hamels that is, Perez was a stretch though I'll admit) as in they will have many shutdown games this year sprinkled in between a handful of bad losses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giants look pretty ty too. Padres already got embarrassed by the Doyers so I'm not holding my breath.
    Det Will Myers cycle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sam Dyson blows another good game from our starting pitcher. got just gave up 4 hits with a homerun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . Sam. Dyson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just brutal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And to add insult to injury, the Angels walked it off with a squeeze play

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Rangers

you fail at trollin' me TheMACHINE's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rangers up 5-3. Wonder how they'll blow it tonight?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really digging this rookie pitcher in the bullpen. Give him and Jeffries the set-up roles and let Bush be the closer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeClerc

Diekman second surgery

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeClerc

Diekman second surgery
    Diekman was beyond done last year. Now its time for him to just make it official.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diekman was beyond done last year. Now its time for him to just make it official.
    Rangers got a little winning streak going. Good outing for Darvish. 10Ks/0 Runs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rangers got a little winning streak going. Good outing for Darvish. 10Ks/0 Runs.
    We'll see. Darvish is great in the regular season but has never shown anything come postseason. Real happy to see the youngins produce outside homeruns. Like some of the younger bullpen players too; comes down to Banister pulling his head out of his ass and playing them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll see. Darvish is great in the regular season but has never shown anything come postseason. Real happy to see the youngins produce outside homeruns. Like some of the younger bullpen players too; comes down to Banister pulling his head out of his ass and playing them.
    Bet you want to murder the bullpen. ANOTHER blown lead. This time 6-1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bet you want to murder the bullpen. ANOTHER blown lead. This time 6-1
    I just find it better to expect this team to lose regardless of what they do anymore. The rare times they actually win just feel that much better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just find it better to expect this team to lose regardless of what they do anymore. The rare times they actually win just feel that much better.
    I've been there. Dodgers frustrate me like no one's business. What is it now? 9 straight playoff appearances without even a pennant. MLB record, I believe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Swept by the buccos.... uggh. Bullpen and the bats need to get their together.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    That's the same problems the Royals are having so far. Starting pitching has been dominant except for your old friend Jason Hammel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the same problems the Royals are having so far. Starting pitching has been dominant except for your old friend Jason Hammel.
    Y'all wanna trade bullpens?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Offense looks outstanding. Too many errors so far and the terrible bullpen only thing holding us back. Hopefully Kela can give us some quality innings. I love his fastball!

Thread Information