Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1377
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    This feels unreal. Cant believe we won without a bullpen.
    Congrats to you and the rest of the Houston fans. The 'Stros are a deserving champion.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That was anti-climatic. Spent watching the game in a Dodger bar in the O.C., and it was somber. This one is going to hurt all winter for sure. Plenty of chances to have won this series, but the curious analytic side of the game taxed the bullpen and the lack of faith in your starting rotation was too much and Darvish shrinks in the spotlight. midnightpulp do you think after this pitiful performance in the WS the Dodgers bring back Yu? I know that Otani isn't likely to head over. Probably bringing up Buehler (sp?) as well. Also need to fix the holes in Bellinger's swing. Congrats, though, are in order to the Astros and the fans like djohn2oo8. I think it was 2015 when I was watching the Astros play the royals in the ALDS and I thought this squad were good and then 2017 happened. For all that Houston has been trhough, at least this offers some temporary cause for celebration.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Japanese pitcher theory has been cancelled out by Yuli's racism, tbh. Darvish is going to look like MadBum tomorrow. The only chance the Astros have is if Kerchoke comes out of the pen and pulls his usual Kerchoke performance.
    Wrong on all levels per par

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darvish needs to commit seppuku already.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    This guy deserves a raise. This cover is from 2014. He called it.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This guy deserves a raise. This cover is from 2014. He called it.

He predicted they would repeat as well. Think he's getting ahead of himself...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was anti-climatic. Spent watching the game in a Dodger bar in the O.C., and it was somber. This one is going to hurt all winter for sure. Plenty of chances to have won this series, but the curious analytic side of the game taxed the bullpen and the lack of faith in your starting rotation was too much and Darvish shrinks in the spotlight. midnightpulp do you think after this pitiful performance in the WS the Dodgers bring back Yu? I know that Otani isn't likely to head over. Probably bringing up Buehler (sp?) as well. Also need to fix the holes in Bellinger's swing. Congrats, though, are in order to the Astros and the fans like djohn2oo8. I think it was 2015 when I was watching the Astros play the royals in the ALDS and I thought this squad were good and then 2017 happened. For all that Houston has been trhough, at least this offers some temporary cause for celebration.
    Tough decision with Yu. He was amazing in the early rounds and then just folded. That early round performance might be enough to justify taking a flyer if there's no better options available. Buehler is definitely intriguing.

Dodgers also need to get more well rounded with their plate approaches. As I've said, they're too preoccupied with trying to lift the ball. Lifting the ball has its time and place, but good pitching will always eat up uppercut swings.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I can. I banked a lot on Houston. They were beating the out of teams all season. As an Angels fan, it quickly became apparent that we would not be competing for the division this season.
    rofl, you can say the same about the rest of the division and replace "this season" with "the next 5-6 seasons" unless something crazy happens. Atleast the Angels got a le in the early 2000's. The Rangers choked away their only legit shot in 2011. Now we're trying to squeeze out as much as we can from Hamels, Beltre, and Napoli

Very dark times ahead for the Rangers, imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rofl, you can say the same about the rest of the division and replace "this season" with "the next 5-6 seasons" unless something crazy happens. Atleast the Angels got a le in the early 2000's. The Rangers choked away their only legit shot in 2011. Now we're trying to squeeze out as much as we can from Hamels, Beltre, and Napoli

Rangers will never win anything with Jon Daniels making personnel decisions. Dude is horrible at talent evaluation.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Not sure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've always been mystified at why Darvish, a guy with nasty, nasty stuff, always flounders in the playoffs. We might have an answer:

http://www.businessinsider.com/yu-da...s-loss-2017-11

"All of a sudden I realized his right hand, every time he's going to throw the fastball, puts it in and it never moves, because he already has the grip," Perez said. "But every time he's going to throw the slider, puts it in, and you see a little bit of movement. That's all you need: a little bit of movement. Now I know it's not a fastball. I eliminate the No. 1. You eliminate the No. 1, it opens the door for beautiful things to come."
    He's like a poker player blinking twice every time he has a great hand.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Speaking of the Rangers...

The salt is real. Not surprising, though, from an organization that hires assholes like Jeff Banister and Colby Lewis and acts like flipping your bat after a home run makes you one of history's greatest monsters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of the Rangers...

The salt is real. Not surprising, though, from an organization that hires assholes like Jeff Banister and Colby Lewis and acts like flipping your bat after a home run makes you one of history's greatest monsters.

They're going to have work to this off-season. Players like Gallo and Odor are homer-or-nothing players. Hard to build a lineup around that.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Angels are trending in the right direction. I expect them to have a good shot at making the playoffs. We'll just see whether we can get that quintessential 1-2 pitching combo that most WS winners tend to have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Angels are trending in the right direction. I expect them to have a good shot at making the playoffs. We'll just see whether we can get that quintessential 1-2 pitching combo that most WS winners tend to have.
    Just signed Upton to a 5 year deal. He had a good season, but I think that's too long.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just signed Upton to a 5 year deal. He had a good season, but I think that's too long.
    Yea, that's not a great signing. Could be the next Gary Mathews Jr. signing.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Congrats to you and the rest of the Houston fans. The 'Stros are a deserving champion.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Altuve AL MVP

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Go Stros!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marlins are trading Dee Gordon to the Mariners. Guess that means Stanton is staying put in Miami. What a horrible situation that's turned into; thought the new ownership would turn things around but it seems Jeter's group is even more incompetent than the last one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stanton denying the trade to Giants and Cards

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    this Stanton trade is the most blatant example of collusion since the Gasol trade.

Thread Information