My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too soon to get one?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too soon? They've been around for a while now.

They're real cheap too.

I'm all about the OLEDs now. I sooo want one but they're extremely expensive right now.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too soon to get one?
    Probably unless you're a gamer, considering how little 4k content there is other than PC / game consoles. If you're not looking to game at 4k you might as well wait for OLED to replace LED any maybe by then there will be more 4k content. If you are into gaming XBox Scorpio should be a reasonable buy at ~$500 for 4k (upscaled) gaming (though PS4 Pro has much better exclusives). Or if you're willing to spend say $1300 on a PC you could go with an i5 + GTX 1080 Ti based mini ITX gaming PC for 4k gaming at 60 fps. Then go for a 4k TV.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cant even tell the difference bteween ny brothers 4k tv and my 1080 whatver tv

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably unless you're a gamer, considering how little 4k content there is other than PC / game consoles. If you're not looking to game at 4k you might as well wait for OLED to replace LED any maybe by then there will be more 4k content. If you are into gaming XBox Scorpio should be a reasonable buy at ~$500 for 4k (upscaled) gaming (though PS4 Pro has much better exclusives). Or if you're willing to spend say $1300 on a PC you could go with an i5 + GTX 1080 Ti based mini ITX gaming PC for 4k gaming at 60 fps. Then go for a 4k TV.
    If you have netflix then it might be worth it. They're pumping out 4k content for their original series now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too soon? They've been around for a while now.

They're real cheap too.

I'm all about the OLEDs now. I sooo want one but they're extremely expensive right now.

Maybe my question was a little off. Is there enough 4k content out there to warrant a purchase?

With tech changing so fast these days, does 4k have a longer lifeline? It just feels like it's kind of the stopgap right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol 4k content only available on blue ray dvd

those networks aint streaming 4k , more like hd or sd quality crap

down here they sell you all this , but the networks only stream SD quality...the only time they stream HD content is something popular...and its not even true HD...

now if ur looking at a 4k monitor...look at the phillips 40-43inch models...they are cheap

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not replacing anything now as there is little point. But if my tv were to crap out, I'd go ahead and buy one since the price is reasonable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have one at the office for work, and I want to buy one to have at home when I need to do some work from home... but yeah, not a lot of content, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw a DirecTV 4k live Masters channel feed at the store on display. Was not impressed. Sure it was a little clearer but not 4k clearer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cant even tell the difference bteween ny brothers 4k tv and my 1080 whatver tv
    Probably as there is hardly any true 4k content available for it, jackass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4K TV's with OLED are where it's at if you are in the market for a premium new TV.. If not there's plenty of decent budget ones for like 500 bucks at the big chain stores

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Well, I needed another TV, so I picked up a 55" 4k. If there was a larger price difference between it and the 1080P, I would have stuck with the 1080P. I may pick up a 4K Bluray, but the disks are still rather spendy.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Love how this new Samsung 4k upscales blueray! My GeForce GTX 950 with Power DVD upscales Bluray to 1440P nice on my computer, but the upscale to 4K is even nicer!

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    bet that makes it easier to zoom in and see home addresses more clearly so you can triangulate their location based on the angle of the shadow tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing says to a woman "I care about you" quite like triangulating her location to prove how easy it can be to get raped and murdered

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just picked up a Sony 4k 55" HDR TV.

The difference between 4k and 1080p is astounding.

Netflix has a ton of 4k content out atm. You have to pay a little more for the UHD but it's so worth it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4k is a gimmick

I have one yes but I dont call it a 4k tv. I just call it a tv.

Te content is all over the place and I believe nonody really has true 4k content except for youtube

Amazon has this they call ultra hd, netflix calls it 4k but doubt its true 4k the quality is better but not that mich better, etc

That being said I do go to youtube and search for 4k stuff and find some amazing like the Hubble Space Telescope pictures in almost raw format

I still recommend getting one only if you need a tv. Do not replace your good tv to just get a 4k gimmick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh btw I have a samsung 9k series so its a pretty decent "4k" tv tbqh

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Oh btw I have a samsung 9k series so its a pretty decent "4k" tv tbqh
    You must have ty sight if you don't see the difference in the up-scaling capability.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You must have ty sight if you don't see the difference in the up-scaling capability.
    Its good but its not "wow I need to go and replace my perfectly working HD tv with a 4k immediately!" good imo

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Its good but its not "wow I need to go and replace my perfectly working HD tv with a 4k immediately!" good imo
    No, the 1080P is good. There was no "need" to replace a good TV. I took in a roommate, beautiful woman I've known for almost 20 years. Another bedroom being used, another TV needed. Just went the extra expense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, the 1080P is good. There was no "need" to replace a good TV. I took in a roommate, beautiful woman I've known for almost 20 years. Another bedroom being used, another TV needed. Just went the extra expense.
    Why did you have to mention it was a beautiful woman you took in as a roommate? Is it your daughter moved back home?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    btw I have a 50" 4K I'm using as a monitor. It works well for gaming and work (work put 2nd intentionally).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does that make it a gimmick?

Thread Information