My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    .......... for a single NBA season. Well, according to Lavar that is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I start noticing players playing for Stats as much as Westbrook does, it's probably the end for me as a basketball fan. Hope you guys enjoy it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not that hard in today's NBA. If the lottery team design a system around him to do that, he will get points, rebounds, assists and turnovers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quad single IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not that hard in today's NBA. If the lottery team design a system around him to do that, he will get points, rebounds, assists and turnovers.
    I was looking at usage westchimp is a 42 ing % this year, 6 points higher than cousins 8 points higher than Harden... holy cow

then I'm not even sure but it seems 42% is an all time high, second highest kobe bryant at 39% in 04/05 and again gap is not decimals 3 full points, this is massive

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lebomb: " but but why nobody did it before if it was easy ? " because nobody ever has seen such usage...

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I was looking at usage westchimp is a 42 ing % this year, 6 points higher than cousins 8 points higher than Harden... holy cow

then I'm not even sure but it seems 42% is an all time high, second highest kobe bryant at 39% in 04/05 and again gap is not decimals 3 full points, this is massive

Usage % has nothing to do with rebounds though, and him averaging north of 10 boards a game is probably the most impressive aspect of him averaging triple double.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Usage % has nothing to do with rebounds though, and him averaging north of 10 boards a game is probably the most impressive aspect of him averaging triple double.
    The 10 boards per game is the least impressive part and the most blatant stat whoring - Westbrook gets almost as many uncontested rebounds as Adams, Gibson and Kanter together. Adams, Kanter and Gibson are all great offensive rebounders but poor to average defensively, statswise because basically everyone boxes out for Westbrook to pad his rebounding stats. Westbrook leaves his defensive assignments wide open to stay closer to the basket ( thus he has as many rebounding chances as his center - 15.1 to 15.0), which does not happen in any other team, even Houston with Harden. Westbrook also never gets back for transition defense to chase offensive rebounds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you are right

but

in that case the 8 rebounds of Harden with 11 assists is more impressive than the 10 / 10 of westbrook knowing that westbrook is the king of uncontested rebounds. Westchimp averages 8,6 uncontested rebound per game followed by the bigs (jordan is second at 8,3). Harden on the other end is at 6,4, give him those 2,2 more rebounds and he achieves a triple d too.

Bottom line Harden 29 8 and 11 at 34% usage is more impressive than westchimp 32 10 10 at 42% usage. You give Westchimp a 38% kobe usage and he does not average 10 assists, you give 2,2 more rebounds to Harden (this one is easy to stat pad) and he gets 29 10 11 with 34% usage.

Der Willis der Spurs wird siegen! FlAVaK's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nothing impressive about that. I'll be impressed if he averages them in the play offs, when centers blocking for him is not feasible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you are right

but

in that case the 8 rebounds of Harden with 11 assists is more impressive than the 10 / 10 of westbrook knowing that westbrook is the king of uncontested rebounds. Westchimp averages 8,6 uncontested rebound per game followed by the bigs (jordan is second at 8,3). Harden on the other end is at 6,4, give him those 2,2 more rebounds and he achieves a triple d too.

Bottom line Harden 29 8 and 11 at 34% usage is more impressive than westchimp 32 10 10 at 42% usage. You give Westchimp a 38% kobe usage and he does not average 10 assists, you give 2,2 more rebounds to Harden (this one is easy to stat pad) and he gets 29 10 11 with 34% usage.
    it's not. Harden plays for dantoni, making any stat he has, completely meaningless.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turnovers as 4th ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's not. Harden plays for dantoni, making any stat he has, completely meaningless.
    A stupid take from you... why I'm not surprised...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

totally impressive/legit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I start noticing players playing for Stats as much as Westbrook does, it's probably the end for me as a basketball fan. Hope you guys enjoy it.
    Well... bye

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only impressive thing is that the Thunder made the playoffs while running that "funnel all stats to Russ" gimmick. That says a lot for his team but also just how ty the league is that a team playing the gimmick card can get 6th seed in West.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only impressive thing is that the Thunder made the playoffs while running that "funnel all stats to Russ" gimmick. That says a lot for his team but also just how ty the league is that a team playing the gimmick card can get 6th seed in West.

You are

Thread Information