We got gifted game 2 spur fans. Stop being homers
    Disagree

Did the refs help? Maybe

Did the refs alter the outcome of the game? no, Grizzlies suck

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess their coach is lying:
    Of course he's lying. And he's being stupid. Rugged-ass Z-Bo only averaged 2.6 FTA per game this season. Why on Earth would he get a ton of calls trying to score on people significantly taller than him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And no, I don't think Kiwi is good enough offensively to warrant 19 freebies. I don't think he is good enough to shoot more freebies than an entire team. Defensively? He's a beast.
    Not entirely sure why shooting a lot of FTs = offensive dominance. Some players are just great at drawing fouls. Is Harden that great offensively?

Would I want him on my team? Sure, why not. But don't act like he's the best since sliced bread. He wouldn't make my all-time Laker squad (Worthy >>>>> Kiwi by a country mile - he played SF like Kiwi).
    Kawhi is already ahead of Worthy. Both won a Finals MVP, but Worthy never came close to the level of prime Kawhi had, he was never known as a phenomenal defender. Worthy's value comes in the fact that he was a relatively big SF who can post up and handle the rock, and that he could finish Magic's pinpoint passes. But Worthy was a recipient of the offensive brilliance of Magic. The year Magic retired, Worthy went from shooting 49.7% from the floor to shooting 44.7% from the floor. He couldn't handle being the first option either. Up till the 89-90 season, he was shooting above 53% from the floor every single year, the reason was because Riley designed a system around Magic distributing the ball, with Worthy as the finisher. The year Dunleavy became the coach, Worthy's shot attempt went up to a career high 18.7 FGA, but his FG% dropped to 49.7%.

Then you look at Kawhi, his FG% has stayed relatively consistent (a slight drop this year) despite taking on more and more offensive responsibilities. Kawhi is clearly > Worthy on defense (Kawhi's already on the Pippen level), and offensively, Kawhi has already surpassed Worthy.

I'm used to seeing greatness (Magic, Kareem, Snaq, Kobe, Worthy, Logo, Baylor, etc.) so forgive if I don't get excited about someone needing 19 freebies for his 37 points, playing 40 minutes against a pathetic Grizzly team.

I'm not excited about the prospect of getting George, unless we get another star with him. I'm more worried about us keeping our pick.
    Kobe shot 19 more free throws 21 times in his career (regular season), and he lost TEN times, including a game where he shot 27 FTAs and lost to Houston That's what happens with his life pre MVPau.

In the playoffs? He did it four times, winning every single time because, you know why? Because he either had MVPau or Shaq leading the charge.

Magic did it 7 times in the regular season, once in the playoffs despite never being known as a scorer.
    Kareem did it 10 times
    Shaq did it 50 times, 15 times in the playoffs.

The fact that Kareem, being the much better offensive player than Magic, Shaq and Kobe, and still shot 19 or more FTs less times than those three just submarined your theory that better offensive players get more FTs.

And finally, at a Laker fan making fun of FTAs. A reminder, Lakers were the ONLY team to have 20+ FTAs in the fourth quarter of a playoff elimination game since 2000, and they did it THREE times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where is all the ing about how many free throws harden and Westbrook shot?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not entirely sure why shooting a lot of FTs = offensive dominance. Some players are just great at drawing fouls. Is Harden that great offensively?

Kawhi is already ahead of Worthy. Both won a Finals MVP, but Worthy never came close to the level of prime Kawhi had, he was never known as a phenomenal defender. Worthy's value comes in the fact that he was a relatively big SF who can post up and handle the rock, and that he could finish Magic's pinpoint passes. But Worthy was a recipient of the offensive brilliance of Magic. The year Magic retired, Worthy went from shooting 49.7% from the floor to shooting 44.7% from the floor. He couldn't handle being the first option either. Up till the 89-90 season, he was shooting above 53% from the floor every single year, the reason was because Riley designed a system around Magic distributing the ball, with Worthy as the finisher. The year Dunleavy became the coach, Worthy's shot attempt went up to a career high 18.7 FGA, but his FG% dropped to 49.7%.

Then you look at Kawhi, his FG% has stayed relatively consistent (a slight drop this year) despite taking on more and more offensive responsibilities. Kawhi is clearly > Worthy on defense (Kawhi's already on the Pippen level), and offensively, Kawhi has already surpassed Worthy.

Kobe shot 19 more free throws 21 times in his career (regular season), and he lost TEN times, including a game where he shot 27 FTAs and lost to Houston That's what happens with his life pre MVPau.

In the playoffs? He did it four times, winning every single time because, you know why? Because he either had MVPau or Shaq leading the charge.

Magic did it 7 times in the regular season, once in the playoffs despite never being known as a scorer.
    Kareem did it 10 times
    Shaq did it 50 times, 15 times in the playoffs.

The fact that Kareem, being the much better offensive player than Magic, Shaq and Kobe, and still shot 19 or more FTs less times than those three just submarined your theory that better offensive players get more FTs.

And finally, at a Laker fan making fun of FTAs. A reminder, Lakers were the ONLY team to have 20+ FTAs in the fourth quarter of a playoff elimination game since 2000, and they did it THREE times.
    Big wall of text that I didn't read most of however if a player can get to the FT line and shoot a high percentage from there, that's part and parcel with offensive dominance. You're putting points on the board with the clock stopped, zero chance of a blocked shot and no rebound concerns on half of the shots you take from the FT line. Dominant offenses have almost always had high FTAs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where is all the ing about how many free throws harden and Westbrook shot?
    The complaint wasn't about how many FTs Leonard shot, but how few Memphis shot.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    rofl so cliché

guy goes on scripted, cheesy rant and of course the underdog gets fired up and responds. works everytime

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just hope it doesn't work two games in a row, otherwise the Spurs are in trouble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just hope it doesn't work two games in a row, otherwise the Spurs are in trouble.
    lol 1st quarter green, kawhi, dedmon and lee were all in foul trouble... it was obvious, too bad the spurs never adjusted how the game was going to be ref...instead pull the white flag as usual

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The tirade was pre-planned. For that, you'd think it would have been better scripted. I'd say over-acted too, but maybe not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information