Page 28 of 376 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. Hopefully SA really explores this.
    Agree, though I think I'd rather have Harkless who is 9 Mill cheaper.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh, four years of 18 Million dollars for a player like Crabe taste like Bad fish...
    Its 3 yrs, not 4. And SA will have plenty of space after 18 to absorb it. Cap space isnt as valuable as it once was with new CBA anyway. Worse case, waive & stretch. Worth the price for 3 quality rookies right now. This draft has great value in late 1st/ early 2nd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll probably sign with Detroit
    I get the joke; Baynes and Boban signed there but they aren't gonna sign him because they can't.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its 3 yrs, not 4. And SA will have plenty of space after 18 to absorb it. Cap space isnt as valuable as it once was with new CBA anyway. Worse case, waive & stretch. Worth the price for 3 quality rookies right now. This draft has great value in late 1st/ early 2nd
    Also, I wouldnt like this proposal if this was any other draft in the late 1st. Ive actually done a lot of research, and Im in love with a handful of players that should be available.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd do that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're not doing it for all three. But for two I'd definitely consider. Crabbe has more value than Pau next year and it's a bit more of a wash. Then only two years after that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jarrett Allen at 15 would be dope. He'd be the center version of Murray. High upside with elite tools.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. Hopefully SA really explores this.
    I'd take Evan Turner back for the 15th and 26th pick but it would hamper our ability to keep Simmons. We will need to have cap space in order to resign him when Brooklyn inevitably offers him a Tyler Johnson type deal.

Even if you swap LMA in for Gasol and renounce Mills the Spurs would still be over the cap and that's not even including the ~3.5 million dollars from the additional picks. Spurs would have to either move both Gasol and LMA or be willing to part with Simmons and Gasol for that to work.

15th
    26th
    29th
    59th
    pretty tempting tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take Evan Turner back for the 15th and 26th pick but it would hamper our ability to keep Simmons. We will need to have cap space in order to resign him when Brooklyn inevitably offers him a Tyler Johnson type deal.

Even if you swap LMA in for Gasol and renounce Mills the Spurs would still be over the cap and that's not even including the ~3.5 million dollars from the additional picks. Spurs would have to either move both Gasol and LMA or be willing to part with Simmons and Gasol for that to work.

15th
    26th
    29th
    59th
    pretty tempting tbh.
    PoP would probably go nuts but the only moves that would net those picks would have to be Gasol for Crabbe or Turner. I'd prefer Turner but man is that Crabbe contract an albatross if i've seen one

and Pau would have to opt in or no deal. and i doubt Portland wants to trade with us.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - Of course Durant is willing to take less. I'm sure media will spin this and make him seem a hero, but he almost has to. Even though they recruited him, it was one thing to cost them the pieces he did a year ago, but a core piece like Iguodala and to a lesser extent Livingston (fell off and have McCaw waiting in wings, but still)? They wouldn't say it publicly, but that's the kind of thing that could cause resentment.

- Clarkson only ends up a Spur, as part of an Aldridge trade and that only happens if he tells them he wants to be traded, which is unlikely. He could make sense as Simmons replacement (though Simmons is far better defensively), but not in addition to him and Murray.

- Would take Crabbe and 15 for Gasol and Trail Blazers had interest last off season, but likely wouldn't with Nurkic now and seem focused on straight salary dump (Nets and Knicks have room for this). Doubt they would with Harkless though, who improved his 3 and is affordable.

- Don't see Spurs renouncing or moving significant piece to retain Simmons. If and when he gets so called poison pill offer, he's gone.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, I wouldnt like this proposal if this was any other draft in the late 1st. Ive actually done a lot of research, and Im in love with a handful of players that should be available.
    If you can only have ONE player in the draft at #29 who you got?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - Of course Durant is willing to take less. I'm sure media will spin this and make him seem a hero, but he almost has to. Even though they recruited him, it was one thing to cost them the pieces he did a year ago, but a core piece like Iguodala and to a lesser extent Livingston (fell off and have McCaw waiting in wings, but still)? They wouldn't say it publicly, but that's the kind of thing that could cause resentment.

- Clarkson only ends up a Spur, as part of an Aldridge trade and that only happens if he tells them he wants to be traded, which is unlikely. He could make sense as Simmons replacement (though Simmons is far better defensively), but not in addition to him and Murray.

- Would take Crabbe and 15 for Gasol and Trail Blazers had interest last off season, but likely wouldn't with Nurkic now and seem focused on straight salary dump (Nets and Knicks have room for this). Doubt they would with Harkless though, who improved his 3 and is affordable.

- Don't see Spurs renouncing or moving significant piece to retain Simmons. If and when he gets so called poison pill offer, he's gone.
    Nurkics deal wouldnt kick in til 18/19. So a trade for Gasol would essentially accomplish the same thing

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you can only have ONE player in the draft at #29 who you got?
    Bell. Not only do I love his strengths and ability, but I love his at ude & character a lot. Kid loves the game and wants it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bell, Wilson, Thornwell, Swanigan are players that will likely be available at 29. I wouldn't mind any of them. All of them have the potential to be good players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nurkics deal wouldnt kick in til 18/19. So a trade for Gasol would essentially accomplish the same thing
    I don't mean financially, I mean need. Without that, there's no incentive to take Gasol, when Nets and Knicks could absorb whichever salary dump into cap space.

Bell. Not only do I love his strengths and ability, but I love his at ude & character a lot. Kid loves the game and wants it.
    Reminds me of Tristan Thompson. High floor and prototypical role playing modern big; don't know why he's not ranked higher. Would be a good pick at 29 and though he doesn't project as starter, nice compliment to Aldridge (could change, but think he probably re-signs in '18), with a five's game, in a four's body. Could cross match on defense as latter ages into guarding centers.
    Last edited by TD 21; 06-01-2017 at 04:30 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really want the Spurs to get Clarkson and Willie Reed. They fit our side now and for the future.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't mean financially, I mean need. Without that, there's no incentive to take Gasol, when Nets and Knicks could absorb whichever salary dump into cap space.

Reminds me of Tristan Thompson. High floor and prototypical role playing modern big; don't know why he's not ranked higher. Would be a good pick at 29 and though he doesn't project as starter, nice compliment to Aldridge (could change, but think he probably re-signs in '18), with a five's game, in a four's body. Could cross match on defense as latter ages into guarding centers.
    Gasol would provide a veteran presence off the bench and its just for one year. Gasol is a better way to fill the salary than not filling the salary at all. And even if thats not the case, SA can straight dump him somewhere before taking on Crabbe, if POR doesnt value Pau for one year ( which I dont buy).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://spurs.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Jose-Calderon-has-interest-in-the-San-Antonio-Spurs-52980460

Gross...

Sorry, on phone and messed up the link embed. Jose Calderon interested in spurs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol would provide a veteran presence off the bench and its just for one year. Gasol is a better way to fill the salary than not filling the salary at all. And even if thats not the case, SA can straight dump him somewhere before taking on Crabbe, if POR doesnt value Pau for one year ( which I dont buy).
    Straight salary dump would allow them to duck tax, which probably supersedes any residual Gasol interest.

Spurs could go latter route, but all things being equal between them, Nets and Knicks, Trail Blazers would more than likely prefer to trade with East team, rather than West one that's already better.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    http://spurs.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Jose-Calderon-has-interest-in-the-San-Antonio-Spurs-52980460

Gross...

Sorry, on phone and messed up the link embed. Jose Calderon interested in spurs
    please no

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Straight salary dump would allow them to duck tax, which probably supersedes any residual Gasol interest.

Spurs could go latter route, but all things being equal between them, Nets and Knicks, Trail Blazers would more than likely prefer to trade with East team, rather than West one that's already better.
    Sure, but I think options will be limited for Crabbe/ Evans dump.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Calderon, I can almost guarantee is signed for minimum if following occurs: Mills re-signs, Ginobili retires, neither Warriors or Cavaliers are interested. He's Spurs material and despite significant decline, would be nice fit as mostly third point guard. Can run an offense and play off ball as well, which is important with Murray, Anderson and if re-signed, Simmons . . . would have no place when Parker returns though.

Just need one option though and supposedly already have two.

Crabbe has a 15% trade kicker, which means that Pau alone won't be enough to get the deal done. Good analysis here:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.blaze...-trail-blazers
    Throw in Forbes and it does.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crabbe has a 15% trade kicker, which means that Pau alone won't be enough to get the deal done. Good analysis here:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.blaze...-trail-blazers

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Calderon, I can almost guarantee is signed for minimum if following occurs: Mills re-signs, Ginobili retires, neither Warriors or Cavaliers are interested. He's Spurs material and despite significant decline, would be nice fit as mostly third point guard. Can run an offense and play off ball as well, which is important with Murray, Anderson and if re-signed, Simmons . . . would have no place when Parker returns though.

Just need one option though and supposedly already have two.

Throw in Forbes and it does.
    Patty is gone bro.

Murray will start
    Calderon/ Forbes will back him up til TP gets back.

Why would SA carry 5 PGs on roster?

Patty is gone though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information