Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    That's just todays NBA for you..
    Nobody else gets the calls Frauden does, though. The stats speak for themselves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very useful bit of information, thanks for sharing imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody else gets the calls Frauden does, though. The stats speak for themselves.

Holy

And the 4 other guys play closer to the rim

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But that’s Harden in a nuts . When the going gets tough, he plays less hard and less interested. It’s the same disease Aldridge has. They will mentally check out at a random point. It could happen before the game, during the second qtr, or with 3 minutes to go in the 4th qtr of a close game. They just turn the “give a ” switch off. They just don’t have the championship pedigree.

With the game/season hanging by a thread and the rockets down 5 with under 30 secs, Harden is nonchalantly taking his time bringing the ball up. It’s just unbelievable.
    this series had me respecting harden for once up until KD got hurt and harden threw in the towel and stopped attacking. i actually had a totally different outlook on harden for this series and actually feel bad that he tried instead of looking for the foul line instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That is how he plays, and it is the game today. 3 point shooting happy. You can't get under the shooter, you can't even breath on them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy

And the 4 other guys play closer to the rim
    That's not really true. I don't get why we act like Harden gets all his FTs from 3PTers. He's a great slasher as well.

Guys like Durbeta/Dirk are jumpshooting guys that were somehow always among league leaders in FTAs.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But he didn't and he doesn't. Harden wanted his own team.
    Sure. And Harden doesn't get the extra measure of glory in his fail. But my point still stands.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speedy Claxton would have won Finals MVP playing against Bbie Gibsn
    I mean Parker was the fastest guy on the floor in 07, and he played up to his potential in that finals. Manu and Duncan were still the most valuable members of that team.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very useful bit of information, thanks for sharing imo
    It is useful. People can know my standpoint rather than arguing with me as if I saw the whole game.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His reg season numbers are ing insane. 36 PPG this season. Maybe 2 Reg season MVP awards. This keeps up another 3 or 4 years, and he is maybe going down as the best player of all time to never win a ring..
    Not relative to pace, usage rate, pace, current NBA rules. But sure, he's among the best of the current crop on the offensive side of the floor.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It is useful. People can know my standpoint rather than arguing with me as if I saw the whole game.
    i agree tbh. As anonymous posters on a message board, we truly were on the edge of our seat knowing what was going on in your personal life as to why you missed watching an NBA basketball game.

Aspergtacular

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i agree tbh. As anonymous posters on a message board, we truly were on the edge of our seat knowing what was going on in your personal life as to why you missed watching an NBA basketball game.

Aspergtacular
    You chose a really stupid battle, tbh.

I'm not even going to fire back an insult. It'd be like hitting a special ed boy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure. And Harden doesn't get the extra measure of glory in his fail. But my point still stands.
    Unproven hypothetical doesn't equate to evidence. Tony Parker was a champion from the start, and will retire with 4 rings and a Finals MVP. He didn't walk away for more money while he was a viable player. Tony isn't a choker.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny but the moment of this series was Durant going out. And that put the the Rockets as favourites or at least closer to a win. From that very moment the Rockets couldn't handle the pressure anymore and just panicked and went into fear of winning mode. I did not think it was just Harden, however, he is expected to Curry the team in those moments.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unproven hypothetical doesn't equate to evidence. Tony Parker was a champion from the start, and will retire with 4 rings and a Finals MVP. He didn't walk away for more money while he was a viable player. Tony isn't a choker.
    Of course it's unproven hypothetical. You have no proof that TP ends up with a ring if he's not tethered to Duncan/Manu.

Uh, Tony came up big in the 2013 Finals for what it's worth (though Pop gave it away). Most of his other work leans towards choking though.

That might be a bit strong. Shrinking probably the better term for it.

Mind you, it's not really my aim to trash Parker. But if I have to compare Harden vs. Parker, then I'm just not going to romanticize his impact either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course it's unproven hypothetical. You have no proof that TP ends up with a ring if he's not tethered to Duncan/Manu.

Uh, Tony came up big in the 2013 Finals for what it's worth. Most of his other work leans towards choking though.
    I don't need to prove another hypothetical. Decisions factor in to greatness. Tony has 4 rings. Harden has zero. Harden had two MVPs on his team and walked away from them.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't need to prove another hypothetical. Decisions factor in to greatness. Tony has 4 rings. Harden has zero. Harden had two MVPs on his team and walked away from them.
    Parker was brought into a good situation, and he didn't leave to got be "the man." He wouldn't have dared though. If you want to just count rings, then that's fine.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    That is how he plays, and it is the game today. 3 point shooting happy. You can't get under the shooter, you can't even breath on them.
    It isn't "the game today," otherwise you'd see other players getting the same treatment as Frauden. He is just the most ref-reliant player of all time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny but the moment of this series was Durant going out. And that put the the Rockets as favourites or at least closer to a win. From that very moment the Rockets couldn't handle the pressure anymore and just panicked and went into fear of winning mode. I did not think it was just Harden, however, he is expected to Curry the team in those moments.
    Good point. Some of the most important B-Ball stuff cannot be captured via advanced stats. For the Rockets, the emotional tone of the series hinged on the moment Durant went out. The fear was palpable: no more excuses, you gotta deliver.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only thing that's insane about his regular season numbers is how much ref help he gets to inflate them.
    Doesn't work too well in the postseason once the refs get tight with the food stamps awarded and those numbers dry right up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's the best I've ever seen at exploiting an obvious flaw in how the game is played. He does it non-stop. On every trip, if he drives, that head flops back a couple times and his beard even accentuates the movement so he can get a foul called. Often he is fouled, but most other players don't get that call if they go down the middle of the paint in heavy traffic. Eric Gordon was grabbed and still couldn't get a call. Harden would have flung his head back and the whistle would have sounded.

CP3 tries that but he's too mentally re ed to do it right, and it comes off looking like a skit.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Harden is the most fouled player, imo.

It's a noodle like Curry who is getting two or three horse calls a game to get free points and keep the GS momentum in tact. Whereas, teams legitimately foul Harden to try and slow him down or get away with something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right back agian.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And again... the dude is consistent.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    You called it. And this was the Nets’ best shot at a ring even with Kyrie out

Thread Information