Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 has never gotten to the Finals, so we really can't answer the question. In my book it's 4-0, with a Finals MVP in Parker's trophy case.

Is Chris Paul better in the regular season that the current Tony Parker...probably, but I'll take a winner over stat-sheet.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Believe me, if CP3 played with prime Duncan and Manu, he would've won some les.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Believe me, if CP3 played with prime Duncan and Manu, he would've won some les.
    Probably, but he's had some decent teams himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed...Stockton made a career out of entry passes to Malone and hit one clutch shot in the playoffs. Missed a bunch of others tbh.
    you are a goddamn fool

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't believe people actually thought Tony parker was better than Chris Paul. Even if I thought that, I wouldn't tell anyone!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably, but he's had some decent teams himself.
    Probably???? So you're saying Duncan could win with Johnson and parker at the point, but would be ringless with Paul as his pg?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My lasting vision of CP3 will be him running off the floor crying after we beat the Hornets in Game 7 on their floor. He has gobs of talent, but lacks heart and balls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll always remember when Paul got hurt in that playoff series against Golden State-- I turned to my roommate at the time and said, Are you surprised that Chris Paul got hurt during the playoffs? Without taking his eyes off the screen, he said nnnnnnnNOPE.

CP is a great PG, but his history of beefs with teammates due to his abrasive personality are definitely negatives-- Harden, Rondo, Blake Griffin, Glen Davis, Ryan Hollins... it's a pretty long list of guys who've come out and said point blank that CP is a terrible teammate.

His history also brings up another interesting question: can you win a championship with a 6'0" PG? It's certainly not impossible, but I'd say it's very very difficult.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably???? So you're saying Duncan could win with Johnson and parker at the point, but would be ringless with Paul as his pg?
    Yeah, we don't know. I'd say he "probably" rings with Duncan.

Chris Paul had chemistry issues at times in his career. Phoenix is working because of all of their youth. They needed this vocal, dominant leader. But it wasn't always a smooth relationship with teammates for CP.

Duncan was the ultimate teammate, so I'm sure things would have been fine, but there are no guarantees. Chris Paul has had some pretty good teams over the years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul is obviously a greater player than TP. But peak parker, mvparker, would routinely outplay CP3 in those years. From ~2012 through early 2014

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, CP3 put OKC to top 4th seed, and again doing it with the Suns. I love Tony and he's one of my top 10 PG, sheer fearlessness with him leading the field goal% at his size, speed is a blur, teardrop was deadly. But CP3 is on another level, and unfortunately he will be another Stockton/Malone, Barkeley, Ewing who will be "almost" there, but "not" because they didn't have a ring, just imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Overall player I would take Paul over Parker but Parker in 2013 was better than any year Paul has had. The dude dominated that year. Chris Paul would've fit right in with Duncan but his stats would've suffered playing for Pop. I also doubt he becomes the media darling that he was if he played for us. He would probably have gotten snubbed from some all star games just as Parker and Gino were. Somehow the freaking Utah Jazz can get 3 all stars this year but the Spurs never did. Boggles the mind.

A question though is does he still get his knee injury playing for us? Bc he was an athletic beast for a small guy before the injury and then had to learn all these tricks to the trade after he lost some of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would always pick TP and Manu to play with Timmy. Who knows the kind of ego that CP3 would've brought and broke the team? Because at the end of the day, it's not all the athletic skills, but would they fit together? And TP and Manu were perfect compliments to Timmy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    longevity changed this argument because CP3 is still balling but at the time MVParker retired, I was still Tony>Chris on the court. Even factoring in teammates wives Tony basically played on one team, while CP3 has played on many and when he leaves most of them the team goes down in wins but doesn't seem to miss him (ie he wears out his welcome). The only reason Tony didn't retire a Spur was trying to appease Nephew who in hindsight was never going to be appeased.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    replace cp3 with tony on any chris paul team and tony would have 0 rings too.

spurs b2b with timmy, manu, cp3.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

same could be said replacing Manu with Jamal Crawford. Timmay is the active ingredient. It is like wear a bronze bracelet, with proper diet and exercise and you will lose weight. when in fact sleeping with a magic bean under your mattress with proper diet and exercise you will lose weight too. It's all about the diet and exercise. Timmay plus a hall of famer and a potted plant will get you rings too. You see this topic because of the Enrique hate is still in ST. You never see a who is better Manu or Jamal Crawford topic. How many rings would the Spurs have if you replace Manu with Jamal Crawford/Lou Williams/Jason Terry??? My answer just as many as they have now but ST doesn't wanna hear that.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, CP3 put OKC to top 4th seed, and again doing it with the Suns. I love Tony and he's one of my top 10 PG, sheer fearlessness with him leading the field goal% at his size, speed is a blur, teardrop was deadly. But CP3 is on another level, and unfortunately he will be another Stockton/Malone, Barkeley, Ewing who will be "almost" there, but "not" because they didn't have a ring, just imo.
    Prob bc he's a soft pussy who is often injured and in need of an entire month off every season to have himself half-assed enough to make it thru 1 round of the playoffs.

Regular season I can def understand an argument but his post-season performances outside of ref-aided 2015 SAS/LAC series is total .
    Dude sucks imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prob bc he's a soft pussy who is often injured and in need of an entire month off every season to have himself half-assed enough to make it thru 1 round of the playoffs.

Regular season I can def understand an argument but his post-season performances outside of ref-aided 2015 SAS/LAC series is total .
    Dude sucks imo.
    His post season history certainly doesn't reflect much success in leading a team anywhere. Let's see if CP holds up for the playoffs or if he fades out / gets injured again.

But yeah, a regular season dynamo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 is much better, it's not a contest

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, there probably was a time when Parker was better than Paul, even if it was a very brief time. Idk, like maybe when Parker was winning FMVP in 2007, or when he was at his absolute peak in 2013.

But Chris obviously had the better career overall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Maybe a b2b, but maybe not a 3rd and 4th ring. Would CP3 be willing to sacrifice paychecks like Tony and Manu, and get his ego checked in the front door to allow the longevity? And would CP3 be coachable as Timmy, TP and Manu were? Kobe/Shaq could arguably won more rings together, but their ego's split the team. I would offer the same argument. Timmy is the superstar of the team. And TP and Manu were the perfect compliment.
    Last edited by John B; 04-29-2021 at 03:18 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    unfortunately he will be another Stockton/Malone, Barkeley, Ewing who will be "almost" there, but "not" because they didn't have a ring, just imo.
    In today's NBA when the big dollar contract comes to an end, he will likely go coat tail on some super team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In today's NBA when the big dollar contract comes to an end, he will likely go coat tail on some super team.
    I doubt he gets bought out anytime soon to join a superteam, and his ego will not allow him to be a "robin" to a LeBron or KD, nor would he allow a pay cut to fit. I doubt he will ever get a ring

Thread Information