Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Morey always finds a move to make. He’ll find some idiot to take all his and free up a max spot for next year.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have they been alerted yet that their big brothers over here at ST are laughing at them? Some guy named Double Ds always lets them know lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last time the Rockets won a championship this was the top grossing movie lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ariza has been a disaster for the Suns, I don't know why people are acting like he made that big of a difference certainly losing both him and Mbah a Moute hurts, but neither is a significant difference-maker..

Losing Jeff Bzdelik was a bigger blow, as was adding a cancer like Melo..also, they were going to regress from the unrealistic standards they set in the first year, regardless..

They'll be fine once Harden is healthy, though(until Chris Paul breaks down, as he does every year)..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ariza has been a disaster for the Suns, I don't know why people are acting like he made that big of a difference certainly losing both him and Mbah a Moute hurts, but neither is a significant difference-maker..

Losing Jeff Bzdelik was a bigger blow, as was adding a cancer like Melo..also, they were going to regress from the unrealistic standards they set in the first year, regardless..

They'll be fine once Harden is healthy, though(until Chris Paul breaks down, as he does every year)..
    Ariza made a big difference, in the sense that he was a non liability on either end. Even if Green shot it like he has the last 3 years for the Spurs, he'd make a big difference for that same reason.

Why? The core players are well schooled in their switching defense (it's not easy, but it's not rocket science either) and the rest of the staff, along with them, should be able to integrate the rest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So glad Schumacher is retired.
    Maybe...
    Might have been able to snag a paycheck out of him... Damn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ariza made a big difference, in the sense that he was a non liability on either end. Even if Green shot it like he has the last 3 years for the Spurs, he'd make a big difference for that same reason.

Why? The core players are well schooled in their switching defense (it's not easy, but it's not rocket science either) and the rest of the staff, along with them, should be able to integrate the rest.
    As always. Good post. I've learned a lot from you, and a few others here, over the years.
    Thank you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cliff's game in a vacuum should age well but there's no way he's worth the max. 16-18 and 8 (and prolly less every year) with OK defense ain't worth 40M. And injuries could make it quickly turn ugly.

This might be Morey's last year, Melo being his swan song.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ariza is not worth a drop of 20 defensive spots, never has been anywhere near that..not denying that he's a useful piece, but people are talking about him like he's Rudy Gobert

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As always. Good post. I've learned a lot from you, and a few others here, over the years.
    Thank you.

Ariza is not worth a drop of 20 defensive spots, never has been anywhere near that..not denying that he's a useful piece, but people are talking about him like he's Rudy Gobert

Too early to conclude they'll settle in that range (also, don't forget Mbah a Moute). 3 and D wings are often the glue that binds a lineup. Without a declining Iguodala, the Warriors could have conceivably lost to the Rockets. Not because he's great, but because the alternative was their gaggle of limited C's or the range shooting adverse Livingson playing more, which hurt their big 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am truly starting to believe that the Melo curse is real. Maybe he is a bad luck charm after all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 and D wings are often the glue that binds a lineup. Without a declining Iguodala, the Warriors could have conceivably lost to the Rockets. Not because he's great, but because the alternative was their gaggle of limited C's or the range shooting adverse Livingson playing more, which hurt their big 4.
    Good insight in this thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you replace him with Melo he is

Have they been alerted yet that their big brothers over here at ST are laughing at them? Some guy named Double Ds always lets them know lol
    Demar Derozan?

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Demar Derozan?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Demar Derozan?
    Get out of my head! I was just thinking they lost 10 spots by losing Ariza, and another 10 by acquiring Melo.

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't Houston lose one of their assistant coaches. One of the guys responsible for the defensive schemes? I could have sworn I read or saw something about that.

If it is true an combined that with the loss of players from last season with the "additions" this season. No surprise the dumpster fire they have warming up.

If it continues after the all star break. It is going to turn into a full on murder crime scene with the moves Morey will make.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I remember being 6 years old and being on the cinema literally thinking "what the is this ?".

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston's offense is currently 25th, as well, it's not just their defense, despite being the primary talking point..granted, Harden has missed a few games, but still, they were at least competent when he was out of the lineup last year..

I expect them to get it together, but Harden is gonna have to have another MVP-caliber season..

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember being 6 years old and being on the cinema literally thinking "what the is this ?".
    You were a profane six year old.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You were a profane six year old.
    I swear since I have use of memory, tbh. Suppossedly, people that swear a lot tend to be more honest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't Houston lose one of their assistant coaches. One of the guys responsible for the defensive schemes? I could have sworn I read or saw something about that.

If it is true an combined that with the loss of players from last season with the "additions" this season. No surprise the dumpster fire they have warming up.

If it continues after the all star break. It is going to turn into a full on murder crime scene with the moves Morey will make.
    Their defensive coach retired.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably approaching mass suicide status if they lose this game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    between CP3 and Capela they shouldn’t be on their way to 1-6

If Harden can save this roster then give him the MVP imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brooklyn is a hungry, chippy roster. Houston is breaking down with no chemistry. Harden blew his wad last year and I don't see them piecing things back together. They had one shot, Paul got hurt, that was it.

Thread Information