Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All those Westbricks became a Wall. I never want to hear the term “un-tradable contract” ever again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wall is garbage

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually this seems like a good trade for both teams. Clearly WB is beyond the guy we remember. He just didn't fit that Rockets team. Maybe on a Wizards team looking for a big name, which he still is, he may be able to live out his NBA days trying to be "the man" on a ty team.

Wall, on the other hand, was in need of a scenery change like no other. The guy has a load of talent and ability but was wasted by the team... and by his own ego. I like it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually this seems like a good trade for both teams. Clearly WB is beyond the guy we remember. He just didn't fit that Rockets team. Maybe on a Wizards team looking for a big name, which he still is, he may be able to live out his NBA days trying to be "the man" on a ty team.

Wall, on the other hand, was in need of a scenery change like no other. The guy has a load of talent and ability but was wasted by the team... and by his own ego. I like it.
    Wall also hasn't played in two years. What made him an allstar was his speed. That's clearly gone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wall also hasn't played in two years. What made him an allstar was his speed. That's clearly gone
    Pretty elite handles and a nice driver and finisher though. And he's a better shot than WB

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah... but just in an overall perspective. Wall has always been completely overrated in my head but he's actually pretty good. Just feel a change like this one... Houston, Tx is nowhere near DC. Total change that i think will help him out. If not then this guy is pure , overrated, lucky human to get that rich type of money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All those Westbricks became a Wall. I never want to hear the term “un-tradable contract” ever again.
    Every time one of these untradeable SuperMax contracts actually gets traded, it’s usually for another one. CP3 for Westbrook for Wall. They just get passed around like a two dollah ho.

Houston will realize in the fullness of time that they traded the wrong player in 2019. Harden ran off two really good players in two years, and now wants out himself. He’s made, for all the regular season numbers he puts up. He’s up there in the top 3 of NBA cancers. He’s literally destroyed the Rockets franchise with his demands to trade away players he can’t mesh with. If they can’t get a haul for him, and it’s not likely now everyone knows he wants out, they may not recover for a decade. The picks and pick swaps for last years CP3 trade alone will cripple them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wall never did jack in Washington, plus now he's coming off major injury. Rockets need a total redesign, although I doubt Harden will back out of his 'I get to do 99% of everything' role. What a mess.

Washington getting Westbrook is great for them. Gets an appealing player without many expectations in an eternally weak conference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every time one of these untradeable SuperMax contracts actually gets traded, it’s usually for another one. CP3 for Westbrook for Wall. They just get passed around like a two dollah ho.

Houston will realize in the fullness of time that they traded the wrong player in 2019. Harden ran off two really good players in two years, and now wants out himself. He’s made, for all the regular season numbers he puts up. He’s up there in the top 3 of NBA cancers. He’s literally destroyed the Rockets franchise with his demands to trade away players he can’t mesh with. If they can’t get a haul for him, and it’s not likely now everyone knows he wants out, they may not recover for a decade. The picks and pick swaps for last years CP3 trade alone will cripple them.
    I have no idea what Houston does with this jackhole on their roster and no way to move forward. Pringles catered to him and I don't think he can play any other style. Not only is Harden a massive ball hog and a crater on defense, he's the biggest suck in the clutch since Karl Malone. No one talks about it -- somehow it's the team's fault instead of his -- but Harden shrivels down to a walnut in the playoff clutch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The wizards definitely win this trade. lol @ the rockets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was the point of adding that 1st rounder for the Rockets side? It was always gonna be a lottery pick

Maybe Harden stays now tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The wizards definitely win this trade. lol @ the rockets
    I think the teams just traded problems and bad contracts. Westbrook had a good season, but his knee isn’t getting any healthier. When Beverly caused his torn meniscus, it started a clock that ends with bone on bone, just like Tim. Probably sooner, though, since his game is played above the rim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Rockets traded Chris Paul and 4 picks (2 swaps) for Westbrook and then got back a player who hasn't played in 2 years and 1 conditional pick that could well turn into 2 second round picks. All this in a year's work. Are you trying to present this as a win for Houston somehow?

Two untradable contracts got traded for each other, that's all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Right.
    Wall and Brick are both owed essentially the same amount of money. Huge amount.
    WB is 32 a player who has relied on his athleticism and JW is 30- a player who relies on his speed and hasn't played in a season and a half.
    Both are career poor 3 point shooters-.305 vs .324
    It's a wash. JW next to Harden doesn't make any more sense than WB.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3. Wall. Westbrook. They all three have major problems. They’re all divisive in my opinion. I say let them crash.

Why not?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3. Wall. Westbrook. They all three have major problems. They’re all divisive in my opinion. I say let them crash.
    CP3 doesn't belong in that list. He has 2 years left on his supermax and proved last year that he's still a star. Westbrook's game seems to be declining faster than CP3's and he still has 3 years on the supermax. Wall's never been close to as good as Westbrook or CP3, is coming off of an Achilles injury, has played 79 games combined in the past 3 seasons and still has 3 left on the supermax. Wall's by far the worst of that group. Every Rockets' trade makes them worse than the one before.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This.

The Rockets made the Western Conference Finals and came close to beating the Warriors largely due to CP3 getting the measure of Steph and adding that mid-range efficient wrinkle. Too bad he hurt his hamstring and that killed the Rockets' chances.

Harden is always going to be a regular season monster and little more than that. By remaking an offense to be entirely played out as Harden-ISO plus streaky three point shooting from others even as his defensive work comes and goes is never going to be a recipe for success in the post-season. Sean Marks will be a fool to trade for Harden and giving up LeVert/ Dinwiddie who in particular has played admirably well for the shorthanded Nets without Durant & Irving.

The Spurs should take this as an opportunity to hunt for a slot in the playoffs. A broken down John Wall plus a disinterested James Harden is a combination that will keep the Rockets off the playoffs. With Thunder out too and GSW without Klay Thompson, it will be a battle between the Warriors, Suns, Spurs, Grizzlies and Pelicans for the 7th and 8th seeds. Should be a good challenge for our young core.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 doesn't belong in that list. He has 2 years left on his supermax and proved last year that he's still a star. Westbrook's game seems to be declining faster than CP3's and he still has 3 years on the supermax. Wall's never been close to as good as Westbrook or CP3, is coming off of an Achilles injury, has played 79 games combined in the past 3 seasons and still has 3 left on the supermax. Wall's by far the worst of that group. Every Rockets' trade makes them worse than the one before.
    Agree that CP3's game is holding up but he's still divisive as The Truth said. For whatever reason, he's not gotten along with teammates wherever he's gone. It might be he just pushes them too hard or in the wrong way, or it might be something else, don't know. Anyway, Westbrook and Wall trading places won't elevate either team much. Washington might be better just because they'll have another major player, but they're not coming out of the East by a long shot. Houston is done as a contender (if they ever were).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree that CP3's game is holding up but he's still divisive as The Truth said. For whatever reason, he's not gotten along with teammates wherever he's gone. It might be he just pushes them too hard or in the wrong way, or it might be something else, don't know. Anyway, Westbrook and Wall trading places won't elevate either team much. Washington might be better just because they'll have another major player, but they're not coming out of the East by a long shot. Houston is done as a contender (if they ever were).
    Dont know if any New Orleans Hornets player ever complained about CP3. The only dudes who had problems with CP3 were either one-dimensional folks like DeAndre Jordan or overrated "stars" like Blake Griffin and James Harden (Harden is more of an overrated superstar). CP3 is an old school PG and he is a ball-breaker and noisy dude with a Napolean complex, yes. But he makes his team better on the court for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont know if any New Orleans Hornets player ever complained about CP3. The only dudes who had problems with CP3 were either one-dimensional folks like DeAndre Jordan or overrated "stars" like Blake Griffin and James Harden (Harden is more of an overrated superstar). CP3 is an old school PG and he is a ball-breaker and noisy dude with a Napolean complex, yes. But he makes his team better on the court for sure.
    Agree with this. CP3 is a great player. However, the issue with him is injuries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots of former teammates have had issues with Paul even beyond those you mentioned. Ryan Hollins, Glen Davis, Austin Rivers, the list goes on. I'm not out to assassinate Paul's character but the list is pretty long. And I don't think he's a clown like Dwight Howard. He's just a hard ass, that some don't like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots of former teammates have had issues with Paul even beyond those you mentioned. Ryan Hollins, Glen Davis, Austin Rivers, the list goes on. I'm not out to assassinate Paul's character but the list is pretty long. And I don't think he's a clown like Dwight Howard. He's just a hard ass, that some don't like.
    Thanks, but you just made my point. Read that list of players you mentioned again - Ryan Hollins, Glen Davis, Austin Rivers. The first one is a clown who played in the NBA because he was 7 ft tall (thats all). Big Baby had his moments with the Celtics, but was an overrated diva who ate his way out of the league and the third dude thinks he is en led because of his dad and is an average journeyman. All three of these folks will have problems with a hard-nosed compe or who will call them out for oafishness/ en lement/ mediocrity.

CP3 has his flaws - his overbearing at ude sometimes translates to some hilarious clutch mistakes, but no one can doubt his compe iveness and high basketball IQ. Heck, he could have been a good Spur if he had not made the choice to go to the Rockets.

Thread Information