Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is ing sad.

Lmao at all the short-sighted pro-tankers who think it wouldn't have a ripple effect on culture
    Oof. Yeah, tanking and racking up high draft picks sounds fun in theory but it suuuucks during the tank, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like ST is not the only fan base in shambles

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/c...#post-13492791

https://theathletic.com/2477083/2021...-and-reaction/

Houston Rockets acquire Avery Bradley, Kelly Olynyk and a 2022 first-round pick swap

The Houston Rockets completely bungled this aspect of the trade. Back in January when they orchestrated a four-team deal to move Harden out of town per his request, the Rockets demanded they receive picks and an All-Star in return. It was an unnecessary front to put up because everybody knew they were operating from a relative disadvantage. The idea of receiving an All-Star in return was to show they could still remain compe ive while jettisoning one of the best offensive weapons we’ve ever seen.
    The Rockets could have ended up with Caris LeVert and Jarrett Allen in the deal, but they NEEDED an All-Star. So they ended up sending LeVert to Indiana and Allen to Cleveland. It netted them Oladipo. At the time, this was about saving face and remaining compe ive. But the fragility of this team was exposed as soon as Christian Wood went down with a bad ankle injury. They lost 20 straight games after that injury. Oladipo turned down a contract extension, and everybody knew two things about the next step for Houston. 1) Oladipo is not the same player he was two years ago, and 2) the Rockets have zero leverage in acquiring a decent return for a potential Oladipo rental.
    Neither Bradley nor Olynyk will be impact players on this team. They’ll both be gone in the offseason. And the Rockets will be left hoping this draft swap ends up being something they can leverage in the future. Bradley and Olynyk and a draft swap instead of LeVert and Allen on the roster and under contract past this season. That is one of the worst returns in NBA history, regardless of how good or bad Oladipo might be in Miami. They better hope the picks from Brooklyn end up giving them something big down the road.
    Grade: Is there anything I can give this lower than an F?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Las Vegas Rockets?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless Brooklyn becomes a bottom dweller in the next 5 years I think the Harden trade is now the worst all time superstar trade. They had an MVP at his peak who wasn't killing his trade value by saying he'd only play for 1 team with two years on his deal still and ended up getting some bench scrubs and late 1sts out of it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston needs a Sean Marks type to do a low budget rebuild. Pick up castaways, second-chance guys, draft shrewdly. It's possible, but it's hard.

Thread Information