Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what a vanilla cliche take. Surprised he didn't throw "system" in there

You can always tell which casuals bother watching the Spurs.... help Kawhi has 1 player averaging double digits right now and it's Softridge with 13ppg on terrible efficiency. Rockets have 5, in comparison. Harden shat the bed and the others still kept it close thru 3 quarters. Rockets only got leads against the Thunder when that fat bearded bum was on the bench. Product of Antoni's system

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just look at this surrounding cast. Lebron would've fired the coach, GM, and players on the spot. That 2007 Cavs team might actually have more depth than this squad now that Tony is out.....

So who's going to step up and help Kawhi score?

Leonard - 30.3ppg on 72.6TS%
    Parker - 15.9ppg on 61.6TS%
    Aldridge - 13.5ppg on 49.3TS%
    Mills - 9.4ppg on 63.9TS%
    Green - 6.9ppg on 50.4TS%
    Gasol - 6.4ppg on 44.0TS%
    Simmons - 6.1ppg on 58.4TS%
    Lee - 5.1ppg on 59.2TS%
    Forbes - 5.0ppg on 83.3TS%
    Anderson - 4.3ppg on 74.7TS%
    Ginobili - 3.5ppg on 35.7TS%
    Dedmon - 2.6ppg on 79.8TS%
    Bertans - 2.3ppg on 44.7TS%
    Murray - 2.3ppg on 41.1TS%
    Rocketfan should stick to the Chinese Basketball Association, tbh.

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their Parker injury thread is better than ours, though...
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?...g-good.282451/
    Parker has been great for them in the playoffs this year. He's easily been their 2nd best player after Leonard, and his injury tremendously improves our chances of winning.

Plus, when Parker missed games in the regular season, Popovich preferred to start Murray and keep Mills in the second unit. If he continues doing that, we can have Beverley guard Danny Green and hide Harden on Murray.
    If Danny Green can pass Harden for layups, Murray will have all he can eat. Murray made his living in the paint and on the line in college. The only thing that could possibly save Harden is the refs swallowing the whistle. I just don't see Harden being able to keep up with a shifty ball handler like Murray. The best result would have to be Beverley on Murray to pressure the rookie into mistakes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's all propaganda. The NBA hates the rockets and is out to get them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Rockets choke this series after we
    Lose Parker

Hardon

Still it would be anhuge miracle if Kawhi can pull it off

But if Rockets choke this one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Danny Green can pass Harden for layups, Murray will have all he can eat. Murray made his living in the paint and on the line in college. The only thing that could possibly save Harden is the refs swallowing the whistle. I just don't see Harden being able to keep up with a shifty ball handler like Murray. The best result would have to be Beverley on Murray to pressure the rookie into mistakes.
    The issue with Murray is that he can't finish for right now. Even if he gets passed Harden, it may just be for a crappy floater.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The issue with Murray is that he can't finish for right now. Even if he gets passed Harden, it may just be for a crappy floater.
    Agreed. I don't know why people are refusing to see the issues Murray has had finishing. Far to reliant on the floater that isn't even a good floater.

I'm not knocking Murray, but people act like he's TP with regards to finishing and he's literally at the opposite end of that spectrum right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. I don't know why people are refusing to see the issues Murray has had finishing. Far to reliant on the floater that isn't even a good floater.

I'm not knocking Murray, but people act like he's TP with regards to finishing and he's literally at the opposite end of that spectrum right now.
    Plus his jumpshot is broken..only thing murray has over parker is height and athleticism

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is the thing... Danny Green was able to put it off the glass. If he can, then certainly Murray can get there quick enough to lay it in instead of opting for a floater.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ?

• It's odd watching someone like Kawhi be a superstar. I mean, he's awesome for sure. But, the lack of fundamentals(other than shooting) on offense like his footwork and his ball handling leave me wondering how someone like Scottie Pippen or Grant Hill could do today, not even thinking about guys like any age MJ or prime Kobe.

Maybe i'm just a hater? That's all i'm called now for ever questioning "the most athletic and skilled era ever." Who knows. Maybe guys of the past spoiled me with their highly aesthetic games over guys like LeBron, Westbrook, or Kawhi. It's almost like watching football players playing basketball. There's zero grace now other than probably Curry.

Kawhi is awesome though. But, if he's a top 5 player in your league, something is wrong with the talent pool. More than any other years, the past few NBA seasons has taught me that stats are really only a reflection of the overall quality of your compe ion.

Maybe i'm just like that episode of South Park where everyone keeps spewing literal **** out of their mouth because I just hate everything now. But, I don't think so. I feel like it's SO OBVIOUS when you watch some players of the past and see just how fundamentally sound(other than shooting) players used to be. I guess ball handling has improved especially from the Iverson/Kobe era of cupping the ball illegally? I still prefer in the box handles like Isiah Thomas and Tim Hardaway over outside. I feel like they just dance to get no where. Curry and irving of course being the exceptions.

I mean FFS....40 year old Michael Jordan looks like he could put up 30 on today's league while playing elite D.

Who has the grace and footwork of even a 40 year old MJ? This is who Kawhi was supposed to be studying his game from. Pop has had him studying older MJ, but Kawhi looks like a robot in comparison.

Smfh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DaDakota. Do they really constantly bash the refs there at clutchfans? I was reading their game thread on game 2 and it was literally every shot was a foul or a bad call. If it is, then why?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ?

• It's odd watching someone like Kawhi be a superstar. I mean, he's awesome for sure. But, the lack of fundamentals(other than shooting) on offense like his footwork and his ball handling leave me wondering how someone like Scottie Pippen or Grant Hill could do today, not even thinking about guys like any age MJ or prime Kobe.

Maybe i'm just a hater? That's all i'm called now for ever questioning "the most athletic and skilled era ever." Who knows. Maybe guys of the past spoiled me with their highly aesthetic games over guys like LeBron, Westbrook, or Kawhi. It's almost like watching football players playing basketball. There's zero grace now other than probably Curry.

Kawhi is awesome though. But, if he's a top 5 player in your league, something is wrong with the talent pool. More than any other years, the past few NBA seasons has taught me that stats are really only a reflection of the overall quality of your compe ion.

Maybe i'm just like that episode of South Park where everyone keeps spewing literal **** out of their mouth because I just hate everything now. But, I don't think so. I feel like it's SO OBVIOUS when you watch some players of the past and see just how fundamentally sound(other than shooting) players used to be. I guess ball handling has improved especially from the Iverson/Kobe era of cupping the ball illegally? I still prefer in the box handles like Isiah Thomas and Tim Hardaway over outside. I feel like they just dance to get no where. Curry and irving of course being the exceptions.

I mean FFS....40 year old Michael Jordan looks like he could put up 30 on today's league while playing elite D.

Who has the grace and footwork of even a 40 year old MJ? This is who Kawhi was supposed to be studying his game from. Pop has had him studying older MJ, but Kawhi looks like a robot in comparison.

Smfh
    Lol. This guy has to be re ed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is the thing... Danny Green was able to put it off the glass. If he can, then certainly Murray can get there quick enough to lay it in instead of opting for a floater.
    Murray has had trouble finishing his whole career. As much as Danny rightfully gets for his handle, he's had decent years inside the paint. Harden would be DeJounte's best bet for scoring, but he should not think it'll be easy for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We really haven't seen him do that.
    I think he's focused on developing his playmaking.
    He has passing talent but when he came into the league tended to look for his shots all the time, but I have seen him looking to dish a lot more.

He has problems right now with contact bc he's so light. He can be pushed off balance just by a guy to his side... etc.

hmmm to add to this though, Harden loses guys off the ball so much, that if Dijon was active, he will get easy shots. There is no doubt in my mind and he can draw fouls bc he's so quick, you won't recover to him once he has gone past you. Where he settles for the floater is when the shotblocker comes in... but he has been dishing to the big a lot more. He has some counters...
    Last edited by SAGirl; 05-05-2017 at 01:12 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray has had trouble finishing his whole career. As much as Danny rightfully gets for his handle, he's had decent years inside the paint. Harden would be DeJounte's best bet for scoring, but he should not think it'll be easy for him.
    to be fair, that is a very short career lol
    Anderson also gets shat on here a lot too and yet he's finishing at a great rate... his shot selection is good too. He just doesn't get enough chances at this point.
    ah well...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to be fair, that is a very short career lol
    Anderson also gets shat on here a lot too and yet he's finishing at a great rate... his shot selection is good too. He just doesn't get enough chances at this point.
    ah well...
    I meant college too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I meant college too.
    It's still a very short career bc he only did college one season and that is something like 30 something games or less? You can add dleague on to that. (the expression his "whole career" would imply there is a lot to look at)
    He does have issues bc he's not strong enough... but he can blow past someone and draw the shot blocker I think for now they have wanted him to dish to the big etc... my observation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Dijon not playing.. this becomes a moot discussion though. Let's hope for the best by Mills and others.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ?

Smfh
    Clutchfans have their own nostalgia-back in my day-old s.... thought it was only us

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ?

Smfh

Basically the clitchfan version of Reck

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny didn't make contested lay-ups in Game 2, dude. They were wide open lay-ups that you or I could make. If Danny and his handles can get around Harden' s ty D why would DJ struggle to do the same?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought we had some pretty ridiculous homerism/re ism going on here, but I really think Clutchfans is on a whole different level Maybe I'm just biased...but god damn, some of the things I'm reading over there are just mind-boggling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought we had some pretty ridiculous homerism/re ism going on here, but I really think Clutchfans is on a whole different level Maybe I'm just biased...but god damn, some of the things I'm reading over there are just mind-boggling.
    They're so sensitive. Really wanted to troll that site with Westbrook MVP..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny didn't make contested lay-ups in Game 2, dude. They were wide open lay-ups that you or I could make. If Danny and his handles can get around Harden' s ty D why would DJ struggle to do the same?
    Danny's historically a 60-percent shooter at the rim. Not perfect, but way better than Murray.

Thread Information