Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They had a good team when they had Capela and CP3. Everybody knows Westbrook is a dumb stat padder who can't shoot. Their FO is funny as They gonna be garbage for about 10 years
    If I'm not mistaken, their owner literally came out before the season started, after the Westbrook trade, and outright said "if we don't win a championship this year, we aren't winning one in the next 10 years". So much for that ultimatum... OKC must be absolutely salivating right now. What a ing fleece of a trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Batman Forever was the #1 movie the last time they won a championship. Always next year.

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Westbrook will end up with the Knicks after all...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truth be told, this Westbrook development is merely the latest challenge in what has been a trying time for the Rockets. And he’s hardly the only player who has been struggling with frustration.

For starters, P.J. Tucker has been irate over his contract situation all season long, sources said. Tucker has seen other ‘Three-and-D’ wings around the league receive paydays in less important situations and believes he is worthy of a raise, sources said.

Eric Gordon endured a difficult season from an injury standpoint, but was also not pleased with how his role and importance had diminished since the 2016-17 season, sources said.

House was another player who wasn’t pleased with his usage and involvement in the offense and has verbally challenged D’Antoni, Harden, and Westbrook this season, sources said. His January outburst in a road win against the Hawks was the first instance where House publicly lost his cool in that manner but this wasn’t an isolated incident, sources said.

Austin Rivers also experienced a frustrating season. In one instance, Rivers went on an expletive-laden tirade following a game where D’Antoni called for him to be subs uted, only to change his mind and insert new signing Demarre Carroll.

Former teammates also questioned why players like Clint Capela and Chris Paul were traded, according to sources. There have also been complaints about the team’s style of play, both from former and current players on the team, sources said. Game 7 of the 2018 Western Conference Finals was the highlight of such complaints, with the team missing 27 straight 3-pointers and not adjusting or incorporating any other offensive strategy, sources said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Context:
    A large chunk of the angst, however, stems from a lack of accountability, sources said. During the January locker room meeting following a home loss to Portland, Westbrook, who was leading the meeting, went around the room indicating what was wrong and what each player needed to do to fix the losing streak, starting with himself, sources said. When it came to Harden, however, he wasn’t as receptive to criticism as other teammates, sources said.

Former teammates have described the culture in Houston as problematic, sources said, highlighting a situation that caters far too much to its stars. One example cited was the case of Trevor Ariza, who left the team in 2018 in search of more money, but also more respect, sources said. The Rockets attempted to bring him back down the line but Ariza, sources said, was seeking an apology that never came. Former teammates also questioned why players like Clint Capela and Chris Paul were traded, according to sources. There have also been complaints about the team’s style of play, both from former and current players on the team, sources said. Game 7 of the 2018 Western Conference Finals was the highlight of such complaints, with the team missing 27 straight 3-pointers and not adjusting or incorporating any other offensive strategy, sources said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Austin Rivers complaining about being subbed out was the best. That guy should be happy to even be allowed to sit on an NBA bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read a twitter ass hat connect Westbrook and the spurs 11 pick. Please no, please no please no.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read a twitter ass hat connect Westbrook and the spurs 11 pick. Please no, please no please no.
    I would be pissed off if the Spurs traded for Westbrook. Westbrook is on my top 5 most hated players in the current NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be pissed off if the Spurs traded for Westbrook. Westbrook is on my top 5 most hated players in the current NBA.
    A less efficient, smaller, worse 3 point VOLUME shooter than DDR.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Batman Forever was the #1 movie the last time they won a championship. Always next year.
    Gangsta's Paradise was also the #1 song

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gangsta's Paradise was also the #1 song
    To be fair, it's still the #1 song.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, it's still the #1 song.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A less efficient, smaller, worse 3 point VOLUME shooter than DDR.
    Westbrook needed ~7 more shots per 100 possessions to average 4 more points (adjusting for FTs). Also a higher turnover rate vs. assists.

Rockets had a negative differential with him on the floor, Spurs had a positive one with Demar on floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Austin Rivers complaining about being subbed out was the best. That guy should be happy to even be allowed to sit on an NBA bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, from Game 7 against the stacked Warriors in the WCF to dumpster fire in two seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, from Game 7 against the stacked Warriors in the WCF to dumpster fire in two seasons.
    PATFO, best front office in the league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO, best front office in the league
    Self owned

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poor Rockets fans getting kawhi'd by Harden

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poor Rockets fans getting kawhi'd by Harden
    Has to be a new term entirely.
    A coach, a GM and 2 PG's (of declining quality, however at one time or another could make a claim to being the best at their position) - out - and more likely to come...

They just got "Munson'd."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't even load their website now

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel bad for rockets fans, they did nothing to deserve this

Thread Information