Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This just in...beards over one inch are no longer allowed to help stop the spread of the virus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    got ass Leonard starting all this . How is this league supposed to function if everyone is just a farm team for the Lakers and Nets? Back when star players had to wait for free agency it was still a risk to big market teams to have to clear space and hope they could sign them. Worked well for the Lakers going after LeBron but no so much the Knicks for example. But now you sign a guy to a contract and if he doesn't live up to it you're stuck with him, if he does live up to it he forces his way to a bigger market? Bull . I see no way team owners aren't going to force NFL style contracts on the league if star players aren't going to live up to their contracts. Leonard, George, Davis, Westbrook, Harden all forcing their way out while paid handsomely on multi-year deals is ridiculous. If players want to keep their options open do like Jordan did and sign one year deals, but having effective free agency while still getting guaranteed long term money is bull .
    It's an insane amount of coddling. When a player signs a contract, he knows that being traded is a possibility. If he reads what he signs, he'd understand that the team is given the contractual power to ship his ass out. Those are the terms of the deal. That's what the guy gets paid millions of dollars for in return. With like Harden or Nephew, you have players, under the au es of "player empowerment," essentially amending their contracts to add a reciprocal trade clause. With fiascos like what we've been seeing for the past few years, ownership is getting cucked with players essentially adding contractual terms that were never agreed upon by management in the first place. I'd love to see ownership do something, but I don't think it likely with the whole "player empowerment" bull they got going on. Unless the non-coastal owners really do something with the next CBA - which also seems unlikely - I don't see this changing anytime soon.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing is, organizations don't want to have to (attempt to) discipline superstars because they're worried about what that'll do to their reputations if/when they luck into one in the future. The players/agents know that, which is why they continue to push the envelope.

Blame the whole toxic culture from today's coverage to Durant to the Warriors, S bag's unethical antics, etc. These guys see certain ones who gamed the system, won contrived, tainted championships and artificially boosted their "legacy" off it and they don't want to be left behind, so they follow suit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's an insane amount of coddling. When a player signs a contract, he knows that being traded is a possibility. If he reads what he signs, he'd understand that the team is given the contractual power to ship his ass out. Those are the terms of the deal. That's what the guy gets paid millions of dollars for in return. With like Harden or Nephew, you have players, under the au es of "player empowerment," essentially amending their contracts to add a reciprocal trade clause. With fiascos like what we've been seeing for the past few years, ownership is getting cucked with players essentially adding contractual terms that were never agreed upon by management in the first place. I'd love to see ownership do something, but I don't think it likely with the whole "player empowerment" bull they got going on. Unless the non-coastal owners really do something with the next CBA - which also seems unlikely - I don't see this changing anytime soon.
    Yeah, they're the woke league of America (lol at using the term governors instead of owners) so I can definitely see the players, who are predominately black, continuing to get away with this in the name of wokeness.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lot's of angry middle aged white men in this thread

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought it was cold as heck in Philly right now.
    Not when you have COVID fever.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because only middle-age white men are the only ones who believe in honoring their commitments?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not when you have COVID fever.
    Good point.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because only middle-age white men are the only ones who believe in honoring their commitments?
    James Harden signed a contract to play basketball for the National Basketball Association. What's the problem ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    James Harden signed a contract to play basketball for the National Basketball Association. What's the problem ?
    No, he signed an NBA formatted and approved contract to play basketball for THE HOUSTON ROCKETS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, he signed an NBA formatted and approved contract to play basketball for THE HOUSTON ROCKETS.
    Yes, exactly this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, he gets his paychecks from Adam Silver?

Plyer fns.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if Harden signed a contract to play for the Houston Rockets...

But then they wanted to trade him to Indiana...

Could Harden say no I signed that contract to play for the Houston Rockets I did not sign a contract to play for the Indiana Pacers ?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's mroeso people are just disgusted with these insecure divas antics and groupthink, which can lead to getting cents on the dollar, setting your franchise back a generation and contrived championships for them.

Play a bunch of years for a dead end franchise and want to go somewhere where you have a chance to win, as long as it's handled professionally and the team can max out the return and the reaction would be different.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Could Harden say no I signed that contract to play for the Houston Rockets I did not sign a contract to play for the Indiana Pacers ?
    trying to talk and literally not knowing who signs NBA contracts or how they work

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's mroeso people are just disgusted with these insecure divas antics and groupthink, which can lead to getting cents on the dollar, setting your franchise back a generation and contrived championships for them.

Play a bunch of years for a dead end franchise and want to go somewhere where you have a chance to win, as long as it's handled professionally and the team can max out the return and the reaction would be different.
    Yep asking for some kind of professionalism, you know for the fans and team that pays your salary, means we’re being privileged? At the end of the day, these mfers have easy ass lives. Lol at “governors not owners.” Save that oppression for people that actually struggle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep asking for some kind of professionalism, you know for the fans and team that pays your salary, means we’re being privileged? At the end of the day, these mfers have easy ass lives. Lol at “governors not owners.” Save that oppression for people that actually struggle.
    Money obviously makes a lot of things easier/better, but it doesn't solve/fix everything.

Sure, the superstars/stars aren't treated like pieces of meat, but the rank and file, who comprise the majority of the league, are, so I could understand them wanting the term changed.

That's why the agenda driven media's support of them and claim of "evening the playing field" and "two-way street" doesn't fly because the ones pulling this not only don't deal with that, but are catered to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Are you seriously this level of re ed?

Put yourself down

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The simple facts of the narrative here is a multi million dollar celebrity athlete is opting to no show for his lucrative paid job an not for fears of contracting a virus during a pandemic but to go out an behave as if one doesn't exist an feeling he should be in a better situation.

We all work jobs we either enjoy or disapprove of at the end of the day. Real people suck it up an do the the job they were hired for and when they have the opportunity to exit elsewhere they do so when their contract is up or in some people's cases inform their employer they are receiving offers elsewhere that you are heavily considering and if they wish to keep you there this is what they are offering.

What this individual is doing is the over privelaged think they deserve more than those around.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The simple facts of the narrative here is a multi million dollar celebrity athlete is opting to no show for his lucrative paid job an not for fears of contracting a virus during a pandemic but to go out an behave as if one doesn't exist an feeling he should be in a better situation.

We all work jobs we either enjoy or disapprove of at the end of the day. Real people suck it up an do the the job they were hired for and when they have the opportunity to exit elsewhere they do so when their contract is up or in some people's cases inform their employer they are receiving offers elsewhere that you are heavily considering and if they wish to keep you there this is what they are offering.

What this individual is doing is the over privelaged think they deserve more than those around.
    He has shown up to camp, he's not pulling a #2 any more.

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone have a slow clap followed with projectile vomiting for this news of Harden?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's possible the dude truly doesn't give a . He doesn't care about training camp or preseason. He knows Houston isn't going to force him out, he would have to do that himself.

He wanted to have one more bender before getting into the regular season, but he will probably show up for Game 1 and continue to be Harden...by which, I mean, put up 30 PPG in the regular season and choke in the playoffs.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's possible the dude truly doesn't give a . He doesn't care about training camp or preseason. He knows Houston isn't going to force him out, he would have to do that himself.

He wanted to have one more bender before getting into the regular season, but he will probably show up for Game 1 and continue to be Harden...by which, I mean, put up 30 PPG in the regular season and choke in the playoffs.
    That's bad news for Spurs fans hoping for a playoff berth. Harden, even with the weird cast around him, is easily good enough to carry the Rockets into the postseason.

Thread Information