Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Also, Kobe fluffers should be the last people bringing up the 2011 Mavs card. Last I checked, the Mavs swept the Lakers that year and Kobe got outplayed by Terry, Barea and Peja in the deciding game.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Also, Kobe fluffers should be the last people bringing up the 2011 Mavs card. Last I checked, the Mavs swept the Lakers that year and Kobe got outplayed by Terry, Barea and Peja in the deciding game.
    Kobe obviously never reached that level, so it’s moot point. I’m simply responding to this ridiculous notion that Lebron>Jordan.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    3-5 Finals Record
    Bronze Medal

17.8 ppg NBA Finals series average

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron kicked ass and the Heat were about to go up 3-1 with a 13 point lead or so in the 3rd qtr.
    To a man, the Mavs said Wade taunting and acting like some fake gangsta punk ass after a made basket lit an absolute fire under their ass.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    DK would be lucky to be 3-5 in an era as compe ive as this one. This isn't the Plumber Era, people need to adjust their expectations accordingly.

And if you want to use Finals records without context, Russell eight-peated and won 11 rings in 13 years. DK only won six, despite playing in the Plumber Era

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Already has a case for the Top6 player tbh

Only MJ/Russel/Kareem/Magic/Duncan are for sure ahead of him.

Between Bird/Wilt/Kobe/Shaq and Lebron is a close call

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am really turning around on the idea Lebron > DK, but of course, like everything else, it is arguable. Previously I am in the camp of "Hogwash, it's not even in the same conversation", but now, I would say it is at least an arguable point.

The thing is, Lebron gets more out of bad teammates than Lebron could.

DK can be the absolute alpha on a team of very talented teammates.

They are like the Larry Brown and Phil Jacksons of players, if you know what I mean.

I don't believe Lebron on those Bulls team will accomplish much more than DK did, but I don't think DK can get more out of those Lebron teams than Lebron could either (other than 2011).

DK has the mental side of thing down pat after the 91 ring, Lebron didn't really get that until 13.

However, DK got a LOT more preferential treatment than any other players ever got in NBA history.

Tough one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Already has a case for the Top6 player tbh

Only MJ/Russel/Kareem/Magic/Duncan are for sure ahead of him.

Between Bird/Wilt/Kobe/Shaq and Lebron is a close call
    The you putting Kobe in there? No trolling, Kobe belongs to the Garnett, Dirk, Barkley, pedo strata. Just look up the numbers and the accomplishments. It's clear.

Top 3
    MJ, Lebron, Kareem

Tier 2
    Magic, Bird, Duncan

Tier 3
    Shaq, Hakeem, Moses

Old timers ( can be in any one of these tiers)
    Wilt, Russell, Big O, West

The next bunch
    Dirk, Garnett, Kobe, Barkley, pedo, McHale, Robinson, Dr. J, Isiah, Stockton, Pippen, etc ...

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    You have to be blind to not see the impact LeBron has had on the game the past two decades. The 2000's and 2010's. Absolutely one of the greatest players in NBA history. Better than Michael Jordan, no way but LeBron is a unique NBA player and his game should be appreciated for what it is even if every year he crys he needs more help.

I mean what the Warriors have going on in Golden State with 4 all-stars is ridiculous and not fair for the league. LeBron had help with Wade and Bosh and Kyrie, Kevin Love but the Warriors went 73-9 and choked in the NBA Finals to the Cavs and signed Kevin freaking Durant.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

Look at the difference in years between both of LeBron's series on this list... 2018 LeBron is outplaying 2009 LeBron at the moment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's certainly the best I've ever seen

2011 will always haunt him, but it's pretty silly to think it defines his legacy

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Look at the difference in years between both of LeBron's series on this list... 2018 LeBron is outplaying 2009 LeBron at the moment
    MJ

GOAT

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Lebron should join AD, Jrue, and Rondo. Let Cousins walk and pay the Kang.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

MJ dominating a far superior team in the 80’s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So DK outplayed everyone?

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    So DK outplayed everyone?
    Nope. You have to adjust for the difference between the Plumber Era and real compe ion, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. You have to adjust for the difference between the Plumber Era and real compe ion, tbh.
    Yeah, that team led by Je Jhnsn (aka the most overpaid player of all time), and J Smith (aka the biggest FA bust of all time) were really something.

a geriatric Mike Bibby

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Yeah, that team led by Je Jhnsn (aka the most overpaid player of all time), and J Smith (aka the biggest FA bust of all time) were really something.

a geriatric Mike Bibby
    Yeah, if only LeBron was going up against legends like Hersey Hawkins and Gerald Wilkins instead.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, if only LeBron was going up against legends like Hersey Hawkins and Gerald Wilkins instead.

If only MJ was guarded by legendary defenders in Lance Stephenson and Thadeus Young things would be different.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    If only MJ was guarded by legendary defenders in Lance Stephenson and Thadeus Young things would be different.
    Yeah, must have been tough being guarded by these guys instead:

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Damn, that '89 Knicks defense was incredible

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, must have been tough being guarded by these guys instead:

Deflecting again do you believe MJ would have struggled against Lance Stephenson and Thadeus Young?

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Deflecting again do you believe MJ would have struggled against Lance Stephenson and Thadeus Young?
    He was used to plumbers and janitors. Of course he'd comparatively struggle against real athletes.

Just look at him getting embarrassed on defense by a young pre-prime KG:

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was used to plumbers and janitors. Of course he'd comparatively struggle against real athletes.

Just look at him getting embarrassed on defense by a young pre-prime KG:

All I saw was a 7 foot KG throw down a dunk on Luc Longley. I didn't know MJ was suppose to guard a big man.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    All I saw was a 7 foot KG throw down a dunk on Luc Longley. I didn't know MJ was suppose to guard a big man.
    I saw DK his pants and start backpedaling when he saw a real athlete coming through.

Thread Information