Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    real talk. I mean, I know he has his shortcomings but damn, I simply think he's better than Jordan. defense, offense, playmaking, gm'ing. if you think at his frame, speed and combination of skills, it's unreal and it's possible we'll never see another one like him.

just passed Jordan in the all time playoff scoring list and will eclipse kareem soon. 5 mvps, should be 7-8. probably deserve at least 2 DPOY award. Jordan got one but come on, that was a joke selection

can't think of any reason to put Jordan above LeBron any longer. Jordan benefited on a weaker era and most importantly was surrounded by 3 HOF'er in his career. also LeBron had spoelstra, tyron lue and mike brown, are you kidding me?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron has 4 mvps

Spo is an amazing coach.

but Lebron is the greatest player of all time.

Don't think people realize how Amazing Pippen was. Dude led the bulls to a 55 win team...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    real talk. I mean, I know he has his shortcomings but damn, I simply think he's better than Jordan. defense, offense, playmaking, gm'ing. if you think at his frame, speed and combination of skills, it's unreal and it's possible we'll never see another one like him.

just passed Jordan in the all time playoff scoring list and will eclipse kareem soon. 5 mvps, should be 7-8. probably deserve at least 2 DPOY award. Jordan got one but come on, that was a joke selection

can't think of any reason to put Jordan above LeBron any longer. Jordan benefited on a weaker era and most importantly was surrounded by 3 HOF'er in his career. also LeBron had spoelstra, tyron lue and mike brown, are you kidding me?
    It's the other way around tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's the other way around tbh
    thanks lol. but yeah man, crazy when you think about it. someone brought up the fact that LeBron actually surpassed Jordan in playoff points with a slightly higher efficiency in fewer FG attempts

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's like he only has to try for 1 series out of 4 every year.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People have short memories. If I'm down one with 8 seconds left in the game, there's no one I'd give the ball to ahead of Jordan. He's easily the greatest I have ever seen at getting to the rim, and he did it in the era of Olajuwon, Robinson, and Ewing when teams had decent rim protection. I can't imagine what it would have looked like trying to guard him under today's NBA rules where there is no hand checking.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lebron has 4 mvps

Spo is an amazing coach.

but Lebron is the greatest player of all time.

Don't think people realize how Amazing Pippen was. Dude led the bulls to a 55 win team...
    I practically grew up in that era and pippen is most definitely one of the most underrated option B of all time. he's like LeBron in a smaller fame

I watched a bunch of full classic nba finals (bulls vs Utah, bulls vs phoenix) to refresh my memory and Jordan was very similar to wade's approach, though wade was more of a playmaker where Jordan just pressed his attack offensively ala kobe but obviously much more efficient and to me, the difference is night and day. LeBron's just on another level.

I hate comparing eras but Jordan would not have 6 les had he played in this era or LeBron played in the 90's. honest to god.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    People have short memories. If I'm down one with 8 seconds left in the game, there's no one I'd give the ball to ahead of Jordan. He's easily the greatest I have ever seen at getting to the rim, and he did it in the era of Olajuwon, Robinson, and Ewing when teams had decent rim protection. I can't imagine what it would have looked like trying to guard him under today's NBA rules where there is no hand checking.
    I get the clutch factor but come on man, even Jordan had to rely to kerr and paxson to close a series for him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's the GOAT if you're considering the effect he has on his teammates, tbh..just look at his career on/off numbers and the records of the teams he joins/leaves

Dad Killer is the greatest individual player of all-time, though..I'm not sure if you could have him on a roster today, though, he's far worse than s like Greg Hardy and Aaron Hernandez..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    not to mention how awful of a human being Jordan is. that HOF speech showed his true colors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get the clutch factor but come on man, even Jordan had to rely to kerr and paxson to close a series for him.
    And LeBron had to rely on Ray Allen and Kyrie Irving.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I practically grew up in that era and pippen is most definitely one of the most underrated option B of all time. he's like LeBron in a smaller fame

I watched a bunch of full classic nba finals (bulls vs Utah, bulls vs phoenix) to refresh my memory and Jordan was very similar to wade's approach, though wade was more of a playmaker where Jordan just pressed his attack offensively ala kobe but obviously much more efficient and to me, the difference is night and day. LeBron's just on another level.

I hate comparing eras but Jordan would not have 6 les had he played in this era or LeBron played in the 90's. honest to god.
    to be fair, my opinion about Pippen is strictly from the 7 NBA replay playoff games I watched a couple years ago. I was way too young to understand the game in the 90s.

My Memory of basketball in the 90s was Our Family being the only Family that Owned a Television and had Access to the NBA finals...That Filipino bario scene were 95% of the bario was at one TV watching NBA...And in the mid 2000 Live Pacman games...I moved away during the Pacman era though...Wonder how crazy the town was during Pacman fights...

I think we usually would have about 100-200 people in our house in the Malone vs Jordan Finals...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not to mention how awful of a human being Jordan is. that HOF speech showed his true colors.
    Yeah Jordan is an asshole but not as much of one as Kareem.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LeBron also passed kobe as a better 3 ptr in the playoffs, percentage wise. i mean come on, i never thought LeBron would be a better three point threat than both kobe and Jordan. insane tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to ST, the 90s, 2000s, and 2010s were all weak eras

I think Jordan and LeBron just dominated their compe ion. I'll still take Jordan though. 6/6.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    do people not realize that Jordan had pippen and grant in his first 7 years?

LeBron had zydrunas ilgauskas as his best player during his first 7 years?

guess which one dragged a team first in the finals?

see, i mean im really trying to rationalize having Jordan over LeBron but i just can't and this is something who hated LeBron for almost a decade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Recency bias. Lebron put up a show in last year's finals but fact is there is a way to play Lebron, it was to sag off of him and let him shoot jumpers. If his jumper was on then there is nothing you can do, but for Jordan, you can't even do that.

The only way to play Jordan was the flagrant foul him every single time down the court. He played against the soft Suns, and averaged 41/8.5/6 in a series. He plays in this league, where players get thrown out for talking back, he'd go nuts every single game.

Don't forget, Jordan started this entire "we have to open up the lanes to create the next Jordan" era where Lebron benefited from because there were no other Jordans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

see, i mean im really trying to rationalize having Jordan over LeBron but i just can't and this is something who hated LeBron for almost a decade.
    Was Jordan supposed to drag Orlando Woolridge and Dave Corzine past Bird/McHale/Parish? Pippen and Grant got drafted after Jordan's third year. They're supposed to beat the Bad Boy Pistons overnight after landing those two players? The team that won back to back les and probably should have won one in 1988 too?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Stop making stuff up. Pippen didn't join the Bulls until 87-88, and wasn't a regular contributor until the year after that. he didn't even make the all-start team until 89-90.

Grant didn't join until 87-88 as well, and only make one all-star team (one less than Zydrunas) as a member of the Magic.

The year Lebron made the finals (07), the compe ion was absolutely dreadful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a huge LeBron fan but damn all the discredit for Jordan is crazy. Did you ever see this guy play when he was young? (eg 93 and before) It's like people only remember old Jordan with the baseline fadeaway and the pushoff on Bryon Russell. They don't remember the guy you couldn't keep out of the lane in an era when you could handcheck and it was ok to pack the lane because teams couldn't shoot the three like they can now.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    thanks lol. but yeah man, crazy when you think about it. someone brought up the fact that LeBron actually surpassed Jordan in playoff points with a slightly higher efficiency in fewer FG attempts
    He didn't surpass Jordan though, he surpassed KAJ

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus Jordan got Laker fans to rush the floor for him when he rang in their building.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dad Killer was the greatest individual player of all-time when you consider his scoring, athleticism(top 5 all-time), defense, passing, etc..no doubt about that IMO..his value wasn't really historic, though, he was very reliant on those around him and they were still relatively successful during his absence(of course he pushed them to the next level, but still)

Lebron has won les and led teams to the Finals with a Filipino coach, Dave Blatt(who will never coach in the NBA again) and Tyronn Lue, tbh different sets of teammates, they're mostly interchangeable, tbh..

Dad Killer's record without the GOAT coach: 287-295, including 4 missed playoff appearances..ugh..pro sports are crazy, tbh, there's a thin line between being the GOAT vs. being somebody like Clyde Drexler, it's all about cir stance..also the timing of your birth, of course..if Kobe came up in the 90s in the same setting, he would be considered the GOAT, too

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Plus Jordan got Laker fans to rush the floor for him when he rang in their building.

So? Curry got Laker fans to take their car flags down and start rocking their brand new #30 jerseys with the tags still on. Does that mean he's the GOAT?

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    And LeBron had to rely on Ray Allen and Kyrie Irving.
    Pretty sure it was LeBron who hit the game-winner in Game 7 against the Spurs and made the championship-winning block on Iguodala against the Dubs.

Thread Information