Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1210
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No . GOAT coach imo but I can't believe people defend this type of crap from him. A simple 6-0 run and you're back in the game.

This type of leaves a worse taste in my mouth than Game 4 at MEM or Game 1 vs HOU. I can only imagine how frustrated players must feel.
    Not to fully excuse what he did, but Kawhi had played 30 minutes heading into the fourth and if he starts the fourth, he's not playing the whole quarter. Aldridge had played the lions share of minutes in the third after being in foul trouble. That said, what he trotted out there was embarrassing.

When within 14 with 8 or so to go, THAT's when you bring in Kawhi for a few minutes to see if you can chip away. If not, you can pull him and still keep him at 33-34 minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    benching the starters this early is tough to watch ... but I also cannot remember a playoff series with such a tight schedule ... only 1 day rest between all the first six games

anyway ... no win situation tonight for the Spurs ... lets hope for some extra energy back in SA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to fully excuse what he did, but Kawhi had played 30 minutes heading into the fourth and if he starts the fourth, he's not playing the whole quarter. Aldridge had played the lions share of minutes in the third after being in foul trouble. That said, what he trotted out there was embarrassing.

When within 14 with 8 or so to go, THAT's when you bring in Kawhi for a few minutes to see if you can chip away. If not, you can pull him and still keep him at 33-34 minutes.
    Him playing Lee at the 5 in that stretch was brutal. KA was the one trying to contest shots at the rim... he's not q shot blocker... Lee was worse bc he didn't even come in and help. Then Dedmon played and we see why he didn't play the entire series and has been benched. The amount of mistakes he made were comical and tragic.

again it's a shame Dedmon is unplayable at this point. The Spurs top defense featured at least 15-20 minutes of Dedmon. When those are absorbed by Lee it's brutal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can only think that Pau is old, Kawhi over-worked, and LMA may be nursing an injury, and he made a poker move i.e. if the chance of winning the hand is long, cut your losses and fold. Win the next hand. (Or in our case 2 of the next 3 hands).

Yeah, well I'm not voting for him to be coach again next year. So take that for data.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A little math for those questioning the decision:

Haven't the Spurs won a playoff game or two being down by that many points in the 4th? I mean, not starting the 4th down 15, but being down by 14,15 at some point during the quarter. I don't remember how much we were down by, but game 1 against Goldenstate 2013, weren't we down 14-15 points with 4 minutes or so left and then came back to win it in OT?

I don't ever agree with giving up in a playoff game. Miami didn't give up in game 6, they were on the verge of getting blown out and Pop rests everyone to start the 4th, while Miami plays Lebron from the get-go. I don't like Pop's coaching at all. I don't give up. that. Anyone who takes that approach shouldn't be coaching a team that is looking to win a Championship. That's not what champions do. Champions don't ever give up. Pop is a chump. More and more do I not agree with what that guy does.
    Last edited by Ice009; 05-07-2017 at 11:53 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KA was the one trying to contest shots at the rim... he's not q shot blocker... Lee was worse bc he didn't even come in and help. Then Dedmon played and we see why he didn't play the entire series and has been benched. The amount of mistakes he made were comical and tragic.

again it's a shame Dedmon is unplayable at this point. The Spurs top defense featured at least 15-20 minutes of Dedmon. When those are absorbed by Lee it's brutal.

A week ago, you were piling on Pop for benching Dedmon when he had that "look of intensity in his eyes". One week later, he's totally unplayable? C'mon.
    I would have liked to see Pop bring in Simmons, Dedmon, and Bertans and just let them play enforcer-type ball. The crowd in Houston would go ape- , D'Antoni would go ape- , and the Rockets would lose their offensive rhythm in the chaos. But Pop is never going to do that. Instead, we have a 7-foot center who can't post up guards - even when they don't have a legit big man on the floor to help.

When he got inserted in the 2nd half he looked like a man possessed. He played decent for him while he was in, but it was nice to see that, bc at the time LaMarucs and Gasol were being pushed around and passive.
    Yes. The team needed that fire to counter the crowd's bull . Shame on Pop for wanting to change that. Dude had a hard time finding the right buttons to push all series long.
    Agreed. I was disappointed in Pops coaching. He was bailed out by MVP Kawhi and MVParjer, who played like its 2013, and one wonders how long he can sustain that. Anyways, let's not forget Pop threw a playoff game.
    Glad for the team they advanced but Pop wasn't stellar with game adjustments.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has been giving up for years. I think that plays into those results.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle Anderson was getting torched in the 3rd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A week ago, you were piling on Pop for benching Dedmon when he had that "look of intensity in his eyes". One week later, he's totally unplayable? C'mon.
    I would have liked to see Pop bring in Simmons, Dedmon, and Bertans and just let them play enforcer-type ball. The crowd in Houston would go ape- , D'Antoni would go ape- , and the Rockets would lose their offensive rhythm in the chaos. But Pop is never going to do that. Instead, we have a 7-foot center who can't post up guards - even when they don't have a legit big man on the floor to help.
    I don't remember piling on Pop about Dedmon specifically.
    I wasn't a happy camper he threw away game 3 benching everyone with 22 minutes to go in the game.

More than anything I am lamenting the fact Dedmon got a chance here and didn't that play well, again the TO, missed rebounds, etc. Just not solid enough play to make one think he's going to get out of the doghouse. And I do think it's a loss for the Spurs in general he has fallen out of the rotation.

I HAVE been noisy about not liking Pops Lee-Love of late. I think Spurs still need the rim protection Dedmon brings. I just can't make a noisy case in his favor when he's playing poorly out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone one notice last night Reggie was wearing the Pop and Sager enamel pin someone posted on here before. https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/11...g?v=1459118889

Thread Information