Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody has a personal anecdote from playing basketball and twisting an ankle? How long it took to recover, was it painful, etc?

Trying to gauge what kind of timeline we're looking at with Kawhi's injury...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hear it hurts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From my experience it really depends how bad the sprain was and how much it hurt when it occured. At times when I sprained it I was able to continue playing... wasnt 100% but could make a huge difference in the game by playing defence atleast.

One time I sprained it so bad it hurt and I actully screamed and was in pain... much how KL looked like when zaza injured him... it took time to heal id say a week before I was able to run or move with it again.. I remember testing it and didnt feel 100% still...

I honestly think we should rest him and reload during the summer... If he does play I hope to god nothing will happen to him. I know he will want to play and beg pop so we shall see.

At the moment my ankle is strong and have not sprained it ever since so it can heal with time.
    Last edited by illusioNtEk; 05-17-2017 at 02:08 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i jammed my finger dunking on my nerf hoop when i was 8 and was out for almost a week.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing povertyball, it was horrible, sure I stopped playing and the day after the injury was , but treatment in my case was very vague, just ice rest and no pills, Im pretty sure pro athletes have much more advanced methods to heal ankles (esguinces) like Laser, Ultrasound, Magnet therapy, PRP etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody has a personal anecdote from playing basketball and twisting an ankle? How long it took to recover, was it painful, etc?

Trying to gauge what kind of timeline we're looking at with Kawhi's injury...
    ** If this was the regular season ( he is out close to 2 weeks) for the playoff's he really needs a solid week to get from grade 1 @ 40% movability to 75% movability at about 5 solid days off.. Lateral movement is the toughest part of the recovery from sprained ankles.. Its a players pain threshold that really determines matters if he can give it a go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Played soccer.

Really depends. Some sprain you wont eve miss a minute..

I had one sprain that took about 4 days before i can start confidently moving.

My last sprain was brutal though. I was on crutches for two weeks. Applying any weight was painful. It took about 7 weeks before i could start walking again without any sort of pain.

My ankle felt like a sponge after not applying heavy pressure on it for 7 weeks.

Hopefully kawhi doesnt have the latter.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not something I would openly admit.

He'll be fine unless it's a high ankle sprain...what was the diagnosis btw?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I ain't got time for sprains.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasnt able to walk like kawhi did for the latter sprain. So its a good sign that he was able to walk.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timmy played on 2 bum ankles in 2005.
    Rub some dirt on it, kid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MRI showed no structural damage and I don't think he's in a boot so it depends on the swelling....

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll get some shots in the ankle and suit up for Game 3.

He'll play with some discomfort for sure, but he'll be fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bingo you nailed it... Now is just a matter of swelling & pain threshold for Khawi.... I am thinking if I was his doc, he would be getting round the clock treatment RICE and some other meds for anti-inflammation. Big thing with ankle sprains is the stiffness that happens.. So he probably is doing plenty of range of motion activities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ KAWHI TAKE MY ANKLE ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bingo you nailed it... Now is just a matter of swelling & pain threshold for Khawi.... I am thinking if I was his doc, he would be getting round the clock treatment RICE and some other meds for anti-inflammation. Big thing with ankle sprains is the stiffness that happens.. So he probably is doing plenty of range of motion activities.
    Agreed. Probably have heat on it during the game (if he plays) while he's on the bench too, or just keep the movement with some bands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a doctor but I did stay at a W Hotel last night.

My prediction is he'll score 30+ points in a Spurs game 3 win. He's not in a boot, he also said himself he was fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Besides scoring 4 touchdowns in a high school football game, I've hooped quite a bit and had numerous ankle sprains.
    All depends on the grade. It's often the next day you find out the extent of the injury.

Worst thing I want to see is Kwa playing at less then 95% so the ass Warriors and Warriors Media Sucking Club can say "See see the Warriors still won 2 games with Leonard in so Game 1 didn't matter."

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    completely OT (except for our docs here) but yesterday I learned you can treat moderate asthma exacerbations and severe allergies/hay fever with 12mg Decadron mixed in orange juice (or w/e). It can replace having to give someone a Prednisone burst or dose pack, and it's just a one-time treatment. It's probably a therapy that's been around for ages but I found it pretty interesting, and effective on the first pt I tried it on. I don't think it applies to ortho cases but maybe some docs here know better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think & believe this is the right approach by POP stating that he would be a game time decision. I mean i'd have him doing RICE & off his feet for 5 days straight, and not allow him off the coach.. Sure he might get bed sores on his gluteus maximus, but he can deal with those on his own time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is game 3 5 or 6 days removed from the injury? My guess is the average person would be much better after a week. These guesses have no credibility to them however. I was an exercise science major for a few years, I have some but not much knowledge about sports injuries and movement. For an athlete of his caliber I would think 5 days is enough time to heal and he'll play game 3. But not only am I obviously not a doctor or knowledgeable on the subject, I haven't seen the swelling and don't know how much pain he is in or what his mobility limits currently are. Anything anybody has to say really is just a guess. But my guess is we'll know the night before

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    During middle school, i had an injury like Kawhi but the opponent was right under me when i was coming down and i landed directly on his foot. At first i thought i broke my ankle because of multiple pops i heard when landing .I ended up having a swollen foot and bruising around my ankle needless to say i was in crunches for about almost 2 weeks until i started walking little by little but damn it hurts like . From the looks of it kawhi did look like he was in pain but was able to walk off the court, which to me is a plus. I wasn't able to walk when it first happened to me, my coach had to carry me to the car.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've all watched enough YOUTUBE videos on sprained ankles enough since KL went down to all be able to diagnose his severity lvl and provide a treatment regiment. lol.... I even googled it... I feel like my 6 yrs of studying plus med school would be worthless,When I could have just watched YOUTUBE medical videos since the start of the playoff's and be certified.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see the pt in bringing him back....do you really think the spurs can take 4 out of 5 from GS?? Leave him out and let the vengeance grow with the team and Kawhi. Reminds me of 2003 with the Lakers. They were looking to go to their 4th finals in a row(3 peat), and they ran into a Spurs team that was finally ready to take them down. Hopefully that is next year with GS. Someone has to beat them....it will be the Spurs..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've all watched enough YOUTUBE videos on sprained ankles enough since KL went down to all be able to diagnose his severity lvl and provide a treatment regiment. lol.... I even googled it... I feel like my 6 yrs of studying plus med school would be worthless,When I could have just watched YOUTUBE medical videos since the start of the playoff's and be certified.
    -- I am in no way shape or form a Doctor, I just play one on tv.. but all is sound advise.

Thread Information